Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 03-22-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30BelowStudios View Post
Question about these plushies; how much do prototypes cost to make each? Are they made in North America or would you outsource to China?
I only had to sell my soul for them as my gf is the creator, so no money changed hands...oficially! I didn't intend on discussing costs or a service but seeing how people are interested I asked her how much she would charge if I had been a client.

- So she says that once she gets the jpg there is a bit of though required on how to make the 3D shape from that 2D object. Also what sewing techniques and material cuts are best suited to create the individual pieces.

- It's a once off design which will depend entirely on the complexity of the character. The starting point for a relatively basic basic character like my Apple Jumper in the first post would be around 60.

- She lives in Dublin, Ireland.

If anyone would like any further info on the process or tips from my Plush factory feel free to ask anything. Even post character(s) you had in mind for a Plush and I'll get some feedback on complexity\feasibility if you'd like.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Plushies might not be the best marketing tool. They're rather expensive to make.

What I do get from your message is having a character in your game that people would WANT as a plushie is a good marketing tool.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackharon View Post
Plushies might not be the best marketing tool. They're rather expensive to make.

What I do get from your message is having a character in your game that people would WANT as a plushie is a good marketing tool.
Your 100% correct, definitely only consider this route if you have game characters that lend well to Plush design. If your main guy is a marine with an AK47 it might not be the best tact.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:32 AM

Thought I'd give you guys a little update on this plushie project. We've started to post some images on FB and the site of the characters in a more natural setting (The wet Irish countryside!) very positive reaction so far.

http://www.littlebeestudios.com/?p=157

...and now we sit back and wait for the soccer moms
Old 06-07-2012, 07:22 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Further to what I said earlier, not only do these look great and incredibly eye-catching (with fantastic colour combinations), I think all the individual characters are very strong - I even envisage them in their own TV cartoon series with distinct voices and personalities getting into all sorts of scrapes (an idea for the future when you hit the big time!)

Also if given personalities these characters could feature in many spin-off games of all different genres of game like Mario and friends.

The ONLY think that niggles slightly about them is given the game is called Juice Jumpers is they don't have legs and feet so looks like they might struggle to jump!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonJim View Post
The ONLY think that niggles slightly about them is given the game is called Juice Jumpers is they don't have legs and feet so looks like they might struggle to jump!
Lol good point They do bounce around on their asses a bit though so we might get away with it!

We definitely set out to make a set of characters that could have "legs" (excuse the bad pun) and be brought to other games. So if this first offering has any traction we'll definitely be extending the brand some way.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:54 PM

I like the idea of using toys and pinterest to drum up interest in a project. I might have to steal it.