Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-04-2012, 07:24 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I bought Angry God day one on its release. I just want to know if that game going to be supported anymore or is this just an improved version of that game, and if so, why wasn't it just an update to Angry God? I mean Angry God came out in January I think, which seems quit a quick time to kick out a sequel already to the game, especially when the first game could stand to see some updates and improvements. Not trying to start any ruckus mind you, just some questions to ask for a early adapter of the first game!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:30 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkpoint2011 View Post
to sharpener: code sent!
Thanks i left a review saying Zombie Purge pwns Pocket god! xD
Old 03-04-2012, 10:41 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
I bought Angry God day one on its release. I just want to know if that game going to be supported anymore or is this just an improved version of that game, and if so, why wasn't it just an update to Angry God? I mean Angry God came out in January I think, which seems quit a quick time to kick out a sequel already to the game, especially when the first game could stand to see some updates and improvements. Not trying to start any ruckus mind you, just some questions to ask for a early adapter of the first game!
Sorry Bool Zero, due to the huge changes of the game framework, the new system could no longer support the game data of Angry God. The save data would be totally cleared if you updated to Zombie Purge.

Also, to be honest, since apple changed their rules about the sorting order by "Released Date" on Feb 12, now updates are no longer shown in the "news" list. It hurts us small developers badly. Angry God was released in Jan 7, and it was an ipad-only app. After months of hard working, we really don't want to publish an universal app with tons of updates but just shown nowhere. We did a test on our another product Lucky Fish, confirmed that updates no longer benefit downloads even for a free app. That's too bad for us small developers as we have not enough funding in budget to advertise our apps, and the apple's "New & Noteworthy" recommendation is just like lottery...

All in all, there's nothing wrong with customers of Angry God, and I can never say that apple is wrong, so it was our fault. What do you think if we still update Angry God to Zombie Purge even if your save data would be cleared and you must start from the beginning again? Also I want to know, if we do so, there will be two Zombie Purge in the app store, one for ipad and one unversal, will this be treated as the same copies of one product, will we be banned by apple?

I PMed you with a promo code of Zombie Purge, please take it as an apology from us. I know it's not a decent way to solve the problem, we dont have enough codes to give every customers of Angry God. But for now it's the only thing I can do. Would you please give us some suggestions on this, thanks.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:04 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

No I understand, and thank you for taking the time to explain that it is actually something that is engine related that can't easily just be transplanted. I hope my initial post didn't come off as whining, as I was legitimately just asking a question, not meaning to imply that I do ehow felt slighted as that is not the case.

Also your explanation of the updating process and it's merits and detriments to a small developer makes sense. It is unfortunate that such a model doesn't benefit you. I think we may take for granted sometimes the luxury of getting free updates so etimes without considering how much (or little) it benefits the small developer. I would personally just leave the two games as two games, as trying to change Angry Gods and losing all my data in the process seems less desirable, and there does seem enough new content in this game to warrant it as a sequel rather than just an update with a new name.

Finally, thank you for the code! I really wasn't seeking to gain some form of compensation or what have you. In fact, I probably would have picked the game up later down the line. Unfortunately with so many other games that came out last week and this game relatively coming in under the radar so to speak, I wasn't even aware of it. I sincerely thank you for the code and look forward to any future apps you guys put out!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 PM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-23-2012, 01:20 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 4.x

Thanks, Sanuku