Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-10-2012, 06:33 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laire View Post
Looks like I was too slow to get any of the codes , but it looks like an interesting concept if I'm understanding the gameplay from the teaser correctly.

I may just have to break the bank and spend another 99 cents on an app. Oh, the horror!
Sorry I don't have any more promos to give... But I am confident that you will enjoy it! 95% of the reviews I get from users at the various appstores contain the word "addictive" and "fun"... Looking forward for your opinion!
Old 02-11-2012, 08:34 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Nicely animated endless popper! The effects are very nice, and the animation is very crisp. However, all the powerups require coins, which come infrequently, and all the powerup choices appear to be temporary additions, not permanent. I choose not to engage in consumable IAPs, so overall this game was a disappointment for me.

Last edited by dclose; 02-11-2012 at 08:37 AM..
Old 02-11-2012, 11:02 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Well dclose thank you for the review, however I strongly believe that you misjudged the game. Or didn't understand it at all.

Out of the 27 powerups offered by the game only 2 are consumables or temporary additions all other 25 are permanent.

These two consumables are also the ones that the game occasionally drops for you to pickup even if you never collect coins. Also the coins come infrequently because you oviously didn't level up you "popcorn box" to something that increases your "luck", or didn't enable the luck bonus, and even if don't do that every combo gives from 1 to n-1 coins where n is the combo size. For a player that evolves beyond starter and does combos this means lots of coins...

I hope you will give more time to the game and realize that you missjudged the 2/27=7% of consumables to be "mostly consumables" when it is not...
Old 02-11-2012, 12:58 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkal View Post
Well dclose thank you for the review, however I strongly believe that you misjudged the game. Or didn't understand it at all.

Out of the 27 powerups offered by the game only 2 are consumables or temporary additions all other 25 are permanent.
You are correct, I did not understand that most of the powerups were permanent! I think I must've used up the only consumeable ones in the game, and I assumed the others were not permanent because visually they look the same -- they all have a bubble around them, so that makes it look like you break it to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkal View Post
These two consumables are also the ones that the game occasionally drops for you to pickup even if you never collect coins.
Good to know! They never dropped during my games, so I definitely should take another look at this. Thanks for letting me know, and thanks for the tips to game play!

Please consider making it more obvious (visually? or on the tutorial screen?) that the powerups are permanent things.

I will definitely reinstall this and give it another run. The graphics worked very well and the game was fun to play otherwise.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:55 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Here are some of the great reviews we are getting at world's various AppStores:
  • "What an amazing and captivating game with endless hours of fun! Don't miss it!"
  • "Truly phenomenal game play!"
  • "This is a great and addictive game!!!"
  • "Very cute and addictive game. Love the polish in it."

Thank you all for the support!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:41 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default New update available

I just released the new update for Pop Corny. The update brings:
  • New upgradable bonus "Coin Doubler" that doubles the coin value!
  • US and UK Flag popcorn box for Mr.Corny
  • New equipable item "The Gold Bucket" (+20% hit resistance, +20% luck)
  • Enable/Disable the tutorial from the settings
  • Compiled with iOS 5 SDK
  • Groundwork release for the upcoming update with the new stages for Mr.Corny to visit!

Have FUN!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:57 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Huge update!

I am pleased to announce to you that a new version of Pop Corny was released yesterday!

Those of you that have it, go update, and those that don't, now it's the best time to "invest" that $0.99!

I also prepared a new video for the occation:

Youtube link | Pop Up

I hope you enjoy it! Thank you all for your support!

iTunes link: http://bit.ly/getpopcorny
Old 03-21-2012, 02:23 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

It's free.. grab it
Old 03-22-2012, 05:32 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Pop Corny is free game of the day

Yes, Pop Corny is OpenFeint's "Free Game Of The Day" !!! Don't miss it!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:55 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

This is so exciting! Pop Corny just overtook Tiny Tower on the US AppStore, and is about to break into the top 10. What a feeling neighboring with NimbleBit and so many other indie games rockstars!

Thank you so much everybody for getting my game so high, I am humbled.