Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Sanuku Sanuku is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,075
Default Mech Striker - (by Palmlord)


Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up


Lite Version:





Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-23-2012, 07:52 AM
psj3809 psj3809 is offline
Moderator
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 8,598
Default

Hmmm do like the look of this, looks a good retro shooter. But its all about the controls for me, is it just that 'circle' thing you use or is it relative touch etc ?

After getting stung by two terrible 99c games the other week i might wait to hear about this one.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-23-2012, 08:48 AM
strivemind strivemind is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,594
Default

Tried the lite, and the joystick controls are terrible (even for joystick). Adding a relative touch control (like all the popular shmups) would be a huge improvement.

Other than that, the game is pretty decent. Enemies seem a little overly strong considering how many shots it takes to kill them (and how slow you move with the joystick to dodge incoming fire).

And the ability to change between plane and mech is nice, but not the mech's single-target gun doesn't feel as strong as it should for sacrificing the 4+ shots from the spread gun on the plane.

Lastly, the hitbox is pretty large, but at least you can be hit multiple times before dying.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-23-2012, 09:01 AM
psj3809 psj3809 is offline
Moderator
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 8,598
Default

Oops somehow missed the lite version link. Just tried this

Actually far better than i thought, the controls arent perfect but i'm quite used to them (After playing with a small virtual joystick/area on iMame so much). Loving the graphics, decent retro shoot em up

Relative touch would be far better but i'm surprised how much i like this, nice little shoot em up. Has potential. Just buying the full version now

Last edited by psj3809; 03-23-2012 at 09:07 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-23-2012, 09:15 AM
psj3809 psj3809 is offline
Moderator
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 8,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizaxkj View Post
its all about the controls for me, is it just that 'circle' thing you use or is it relative touch etc ?
Nope its that circle thing you use to control, i've contacted the guy via youtube to ask for relative touch so we'll see. I'm okay with the current controls as i've played similar games, but relative touch would make it so much better.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-23-2012, 10:03 AM
metalcasket's Avatar
metalcasket metalcasket is offline
Moderator
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 5,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Nope its that circle thing you use to control, i've contacted the guy via youtube to ask for relative touch so we'll see. I'm okay with the current controls as i've played similar games, but relative touch would make it so much better.
Heh...psj, you just replied to a parrot.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Qwertz555 Qwertz555 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Actually far better than i thought, the controls arent perfect but i'm quite used to them (After playing with a small virtual joystick/area on iMame so much). Loving the graphics, decent retro shoot em up

Relative touch would be far better but i'm surprised how much i like this, nice little shoot em up. Has potential. Just buying the full version now
Tried the lite and dl the full now too.

It's colorful - it's charming - it's "good old days" time.
And i SEE the bullets, that alone is worth my dollar.
Hope the Devs show up to improve the controls.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent