• Publisher: Palmlord
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: UPDATE NOTE: Tilt and absolute control is coming soon!

The game could run on ALL iOS devices including iPod Touch 1st Gen, iPhone 3G, and even iPhone 2G! But it still needs iOS 3.1 or above. If your OS is earlier than that, please write a review to let us know.

Support site is under construction, sorry for the inconvenience...

More levels and units will be added in the future. Thanks a lot for your support! :)

STORY:
In the near future, a massive alien spaceship crashed in Sahara Desert. The scientists found a secret in the spaceship - the alien was preparing an attack on Earth for resources. The humans used the technology from the spaceship and built a transformable fighter - Mech Striker. You, the most talented pilot in the world, are our last hope now ...

FEATURES:
* 16 challenging battles in 4 scenarios.
* 2 fighting modes - robot mode and plane mode.
* 6 kinds of weapons and upgrades.
* Numerous enemy types.
* Exciting boss fight.
* Game Center support.
* Amazing graphics effects.
* Exciting music and sound effects.

You could try the free trial (lite) version before you buy.

Sanuku's comments:

Lite Version:

03-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Hmmm do like the look of this, looks a good retro shooter. But its all about the controls for me, is it just that 'circle' thing you use or is it relative touch etc ?

After getting stung by two terrible 99c games the other week i might wait to hear about this one.

03-23-2012, 08:48 AM
Tried the lite, and the joystick controls are terrible (even for joystick). Adding a relative touch control (like all the popular shmups) would be a huge improvement.

Other than that, the game is pretty decent. Enemies seem a little overly strong considering how many shots it takes to kill them (and how slow you move with the joystick to dodge incoming fire).

And the ability to change between plane and mech is nice, but not the mech's single-target gun doesn't feel as strong as it should for sacrificing the 4+ shots from the spread gun on the plane.

Lastly, the hitbox is pretty large, but at least you can be hit multiple times before dying.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
03-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Oops somehow missed the lite version link. Just tried this

Actually far better than i thought, the controls arent perfect but i'm quite used to them (After playing with a small virtual joystick/area on iMame so much). Loving the graphics, decent retro shoot em up

Relative touch would be far better but i'm surprised how much i like this, nice little shoot em up. Has potential. Just buying the full version now

Last edited by psj3809; 03-23-2012 at 09:07 AM.
03-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizaxkj View Post
its all about the controls for me, is it just that 'circle' thing you use or is it relative touch etc ?
Nope its that circle thing you use to control, i've contacted the guy via youtube to ask for relative touch so we'll see. I'm okay with the current controls as i've played similar games, but relative touch would make it so much better.
03-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Nope its that circle thing you use to control, i've contacted the guy via youtube to ask for relative touch so we'll see. I'm okay with the current controls as i've played similar games, but relative touch would make it so much better.
Heh...psj, you just replied to a parrot.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Actually far better than i thought, the controls arent perfect but i'm quite used to them (After playing with a small virtual joystick/area on iMame so much). Loving the graphics, decent retro shoot em up

Relative touch would be far better but i'm surprised how much i like this, nice little shoot em up. Has potential. Just buying the full version now
Tried the lite and dl the full now too.

It's colorful - it's charming - it's "good old days" time.
And i SEE the bullets, that alone is worth my dollar.
Hope the Devs show up to improve the controls.