Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-22-2012, 10:16 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Waiting for more feedback on this one, on the edge though!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:41 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

ive been staring at the app since it appeared on the appstore... and cuz of the lack of people here with the game...

i might have to try it out...
Old 03-22-2012, 10:54 PM

This is a quick typing for a review so forgive me if you are having a hard time reading my post, but here it goes:

I take it back that it's worth a 5 five dollars title because the whole gameplay is starting to feel so-so to me. Maybe I havent gotten further enough into the game to warrant a fair review. Sure enough, the gameplay is similar to Battleheart, but the pacing feels slow..(then again i never finished the Battleheart either, but i had way more fun with that one)

There's a breeding option and you can breed with friends via wifi. I havent tried it though. THen there's the ability to evolve monsters. As for the numbers of monsters in the game,there are empty spaces surrounding the caught monsters, indicating they havent yet to be caught. At first it looked like there's over 50 monsters, but I noticed how some monsters looked the same..just different color skin. Even the different colored monsters have same skills. It's a puzzling thing, but if its like that, then maybe there's more than 10 monsters in total. For example, i caught 2 different colored skinned monsters and they filled two empty spaces in a row as the caught monsters, but there are 3 more missing spaces in the same row so im guessing those 3 missing spaces are the same monsters in more different colors. Maybe when they evolved, they will be different monster but who knows. I havent gotten far enough in this game.

One thing for sure, this game have lots of potential to be a decent, unique game, but it felt like a plain, beta-like testing game at the moment. You just go through same stage, catch 2-3 different monsters,and reached a goal at the end. I'm not sensing enough variety in this game.

EDITED: so if you catch 10 of the same monster, it evolved into the same one with different color skin, but it will have slightly better skill set. SO im guessing there are only about 15 monsters right now.

Last edited by J2o; 03-22-2012 at 11:30 PM..
Old 03-22-2012, 11:27 PM

Default Game Impressions

Please delet this Post thanks.

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-23-2012 at 05:34 PM..
Old 03-23-2012, 04:01 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

My first impressions are fairly positive. The gameplay, despite being sort of slow, is fun. There's lots of grinding involved to trap monsters or kill them and harvest their remains to sell for gold and upgrades. This part may be the most tedious for some players. The controls are pretty straightforward but sometimes it's too easy to hit the wrong button, resulting in accidentally dropping a trap (which you have to keep stocked up by purchasing them with in-game-gold) and unfortunately there's no way to retrieve misplaced/unused traps. I've accidentally lost several traps this way by accidentally setting them in places on the screen where the monsters don't go. I do appreciate the quick-select buttons to switch between tamer and monsters to use specific power-ups in the heat of battle. There may not be that many monsters but hopefully that will be changed through future updates. I think my biggest complaint however is the screens where they explain what each button does. They take a screen full of buttons and explain everything all at once making it hard to digest all the information.

For $.99 this game is a decent buy based on my impressions so far. Is it worth $2.99 when the price goes up? That's debatable. Maybe $1.99. It's not for everybody but I like the idea of mixing the concepts of Pokemon and Battleheart.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

The concept of this does sound intriquing. I just have such a backlog of other games I want that the impressions giving a "beta build"-like vibe leave me thinking I'll keep it on the backburner for now.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:10 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 4.x

Default about online breeding and tamer bar

i really confuse about this online feature.. its never be successful when i play it. i cant use 'ready' button and i cant click any monster even i have more than 10,so how to breed it? that's why i think no one play that online feature, because there is no introduction about how to breed ur monster or trade ur monster with friend. i think this feature must be fixed soon.

is anyone have any experience and also successful about this online feature ?
and what the different between tamer bar and breeding area? i think its a same room.. >.<

Last edited by Stevernoz; 04-05-2012 at 04:17 AM..
Old 05-23-2012, 12:29 AM

This is free right now along with the ipad version.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:12 PM

Monster Tamer v1.5 is fresh into the App Store with a new level,
"Death Deart" ~ and the price is dropped to $0.99.

http://omonstertamero.blogspot.com