Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-25-2012, 12:54 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I've just bought this and played the first battle and a half. And I'd say it's totally accessible to TBS vets and noobs alike. If your new theres options to only control the heros and let the AI control the rest of your army (you can set the AI to defensive, aggressive, or normal).
It looks like this is the game I've been looking for since getting my iOS device.
I've been looking for a game that's like gamesworkshop's warhammer and this doesn't disappoint.

So far I'm loving the whole thing, the graphics and animations are very nice, the turn based moving and battle animations are brilliant.

The only thing that I can see that really needs to be added is a skirmish mode.

Other than that I'd reccomend it to anyone who likes TBS games as this looks like one of the best iOS has to offer.

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 03-25-2012 at 06:48 PM..
Old 03-25-2012, 05:30 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
And I'd say it's totally accessible to RTS vets and noobs alike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Other than that I'd reccomend it to anyone who likes RTS games as this looks like one of the best iOS has to offer.
While I agree with you on all other points, Time of Heroes is not a real-stime strategy game (RTS), buta turn-based strategy game (TBS)
Old 03-25-2012, 06:49 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
While I agree with you on all other points, Time of Heroes is not a real-stime strategy game (RTS), buta turn-based strategy game (TBS)
Thanks edited. That's what I meant lol just not what my fingers wrote. :-)
Old 03-26-2012, 10:34 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

thanks guys!

I already wrote you an E-Mail oooooomonkey. I will talk with our graphics guy tomorrow, to make a few wallpapers and stuff.

Also, we're still playtesting the second campaign. It should have been ready by now, but with the success of our casual game Nosferatu, things got really turbulent here at smuttlewerk HQ and a small team can only manage so much.

+ tell your friends who own Android smartphones that ToH is coming to these devices in the near future, too.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:47 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Bought this last night and a few comments:

- Fun and frustrating all a once. i'll keep playing because story is fun. and I like the leveling bit. Good stuff.

- When I do lvl… I don't know the what each skill truly does... and what if I make a mistake. i.e. I saw if I choose bonus for range units. Great. I snagged that. Then the next time I could get enough skill points... I tried getting a 2nd. And I couldn't! I didn't know I could only choose one. So what do I do now? Start over? I wouldn't have chosen range units. my plan would have been to have each hero focus in it's own area.

- this concept is the same for expert vs type of baddie or terrain. 1 only? I'm guessing so. But which one? Who am I facing most of? I don't know. What if I choose wrong... like most games... undead early on... but I want the bonus later... versus demons? Do I guess? do I have to play it through once?

- my strategy would have my heros focus on commanding. bonus to multiple types of troops, terrains, and monsters. but I can't and I didn't know. now menos has a bonus to range...

- what about if I want multiple in an area each respective one costs more. i'd be fine paying 3 skill points for heavy troop.

- the other thing that took me a few rounds... I think range... I think they can attack from further away. I kept trying to figure out why my range units had to be next to the melee units. then I realized... but then why can I cast a flame spell from further away? I'd love to see range units act like range units. range of two and no response from melee. isn't that the power of them?

in summary, great strategy, but where I learned to love companions, I haven't gotten there yet. It's great on logic, but short on 'fun' right now. I think of it as a solid strategy game. well worth the price. . well worth the price.

hope the above makes sense. I might not have found the undo skill yet... but i'm on the 4th map and just don't want to start over...
Old 04-06-2012, 04:02 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

TouchNoodle, thank you for your thoughts!

Quote:
- When I do lvl… I don't know the what each skill truly does... and what if I make a mistake. i.e. I saw if I choose bonus for range units. Great. I snagged that. Then the next time I could get enough skill points... I tried getting a 2nd. And I couldn't! I didn't know I could only choose one. So what do I do now? Start over? I wouldn't have chosen range units. my plan would have been to have each hero focus in it's own area.
have a look at the tutorial screens (the ? button). there we describe that from skills in blocks, only one may be chosen. but nevertheless, it may make sense to enable players to distribute their skill points anew. we talk about it.

also your other points concerning skills: all valid and I understand your frustration. you know, we designed the game like those back in the days, where you had to choose and whatever you did was cast in stone. as I said above, perhaps we can improve the whole skill system.

Quote:
- the other thing that took me a few rounds... I think range... I think they can attack from further away. I kept trying to figure out why my range units had to be next to the melee units. then I realized... but then why can I cast a flame spell from further away? I'd love to see range units act like range units. range of two and no response from melee. isn't that the power of them?
that's impossible to integrate now. if we ever do a new ToH, we'll make "real" ranged units, promised. (in our case here, we orientated us along the old Sega "Warsong" game)

try playing the game again later on a higher difficulty level. makes for another game imo.

thanks again!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:19 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

hey folks!

update 1.3 will be uploaded tomorrow!

we finally managed to finish CHAPTER 2.

7 new maps included as IAP (2,99$) - hours of additional play time.
2 new heroes - Runtula, the elven mistress and Oskar, the Iron Golem

this update completes the game. the story about the arrival of the northern people comes to an end!

to all those who waited so patiently, a big thank you! the mails telling us you love our game meant much to us!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:19 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuttlegiaco View Post
hey folks!

update 1.3 will be uploaded tomorrow!

we finally managed to finish CHAPTER 2.

7 new maps included as IAP (2,99$) - hours of additional play time.
2 new heroes - Runtula, the elven mistress and Oskar, the Iron Golem

this update completes the game. the story about the arrival of the northern people comes to an end!

to all those who waited so patiently, a big thank you! the mails telling us you love our game meant much to us!
Nice. Ill have to check it out. Is that about £1.49/£1.99 in good ol'english money's :-)
Old 04-19-2012, 10:51 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

yep, that's 1.99 pounds
Old 04-19-2012, 03:38 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I`m gonna buy this tonight, but i have a rather silly question
I read this thread and i can see the iap are optional, but the military history one contains gear or is about the history? i`m asking this because the story is like 60% of a game to me!
Just a random question, gonna buy it either way when i get home