Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-25-2012, 08:21 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Stability update seems not to work too well on iTouch 4G. Using shadow countess, sunbird and crusader, i lagged for a while and then crashed.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:42 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by trundley View Post
Stability update seems not to work too well on iTouch 4G. Using shadow countess, sunbird and crusader, i lagged for a while and then crashed.
Stability on the 4G touch has never been good unfortunately. I can never get more than one or two games in before it will crash. By all appearances, they're not freeing up all the memory that was allocated to previous matches before the next one starts so the memory footprint keeps growing until the OS kills it. I've emailed their support and got back some bizarre answer where they apologized but were hoping when they got around to buying the full version of their development package (not the best sign ) that it would let them fix it. Of course, if it's caused by failing to deallocate unneeded memory, that's just programming, not a development package issue, but since I haven't seen their code, who knows what they've done.

----

Anyone know if the new "$4.99 to unlock all the heroes" applies to future heroes as well? I bought $5 worth of crystals some time ago and just spent the last to unlock the countess. If it's a one time purchase to access any and all future heroes, I'll just buy the package unlock, but if it's only for the existing heroes, well, not such a good deal.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:12 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
Done, checket ur web...
One thing missing, A FORUM
great update game is getting better
Hear hear!
A WIKI would be nice too
Old 03-25-2012, 02:55 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary_heroes View Post
Hi everyone,

We will start closed beta in the first half of April.
Players interested in participating, please contact us at legendary@maya.im sending the following information:

- Subject: Touch Arcade LH beta testing
- iDevice model and iOS version
- UDID
- Name
- How long have you been playing Legendary Heroes?
- Experience playing PC Action RTS games (LoL, HoN, DotA, DOTA 2, etc). This is not a requirement.

Best,
Legendary Heroes Team
Sent.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:22 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Stability on the 4G touch has never been good unfortunately. I can never get more than one or two games in before it will crash. By all appearances, they're not freeing up all the memory that was allocated to previous matches before the next one starts so the memory footprint keeps growing until the OS kills it. I've emailed their support and got back some bizarre answer where they apologized but were hoping when they got around to buying the full version of their development package (not the best sign ) that it would let them fix it. Of course, if it's caused by failing to deallocate unneeded memory, that's just programming, not a development package issue, but since I haven't seen their code, who knows what they've done.

----

Anyone know if the new "$4.99 to unlock all the heroes" applies to future heroes as well? I bought $5 worth of crystals some time ago and just spent the last to unlock the countess. If it's a one time purchase to access any and all future heroes, I'll just buy the package unlock, but if it's only for the existing heroes, well, not such a good deal.

Hello,

Heroes unlock:
This will be valid for all future heroes.
It is not decided yet, but the price for this IAP option probably will increase when new heroes are released.

Stability:
Here is the the response I sent to you by e-mail regarding this topic:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you very much for playing the game!
I apologize for the late response.

Thanks for your feedback.
We are fighting against memory usage since version 1.0 but could not yet find a good solution to resolve the problem 100%.
At some point in the near future we will upgrade to the latest version of the Engine we use, along with correspondent plugins/APIs and hopefully that is part of the final solution.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe you misunderstood my response. I mentioned we would upgrade to a new version of the Engine(Unity) and the plugins used in the project.
Not that we would buy the full version...

Rest assured we are not happy with this issue, we already spent a lot of time trying to resolve and will keep investigating. It might require to rewrite parts of the game to replace some plugins used, which will be quite expensive in terms of time.

As a small team, we are at the moment concentrating on multiplayer along with new heroes and things like Game Center support. Mutiplayer matches should not have this issue as the memory usage will be considerably smaller due to the server doing the heavy lift.

We again apologize for this issue and would like to ask other persons getting constant crashes every couple of matches to please contact us at legendary@maya.im so we can gather more details about the heroes and power-ups being used.
In our 3GS and iPod 4 gen devices, we usually see the problem after 4 matches.

Best,
Legendary Heroes Team
Old 03-25-2012, 06:56 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Heroes unlock:
This will be valid for all future heroes.
It is not decided yet, but the price for this IAP option probably will increase when new heroes are released.
Well, whether you increase it or not, you've made yourself another $5 from me.

Quote:
I believe you misunderstood my response. I mentioned we would upgrade to a new version of the Engine(Unity) and the plugins used in the project.
Not that we would buy the full version...
Apparently so
Old 03-25-2012, 07:31 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Well, whether you increase it or not, you've made yourself another $5 from me.
Thank you very much for supporting us!

Best,
Legendary Heroes Team

Last edited by legendary_heroes; 03-25-2012 at 08:42 PM..
Old 03-26-2012, 10:13 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Thank you very much for supporting us!

Best,
Legendary Heroes Team
Me toooo
Old 04-04-2012, 03:19 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default how about a back-up of my profile?

Is if possible to back-up my profile (i.e my all heroes' level, skills...), then a can retore them to use in another i-Device (i have an iPhone 4S and iPad 2) ? My Heroes almost reach level 1X (Crusader level 18), it's not so quick to re-train all of them. I want to use my iPad in case the new update with multiplayer support come out.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:48 AM

Game crashes...

Tap, hold and delete.