Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 03-25-2012, 08:21 AM
trundley trundley is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 384
Default

Stability update seems not to work too well on iTouch 4G. Using shadow countess, sunbird and crusader, i lagged for a while and then crashed.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 03-25-2012, 08:42 AM
C.Hannum C.Hannum is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trundley View Post
Stability update seems not to work too well on iTouch 4G. Using shadow countess, sunbird and crusader, i lagged for a while and then crashed.
Stability on the 4G touch has never been good unfortunately. I can never get more than one or two games in before it will crash. By all appearances, they're not freeing up all the memory that was allocated to previous matches before the next one starts so the memory footprint keeps growing until the OS kills it. I've emailed their support and got back some bizarre answer where they apologized but were hoping when they got around to buying the full version of their development package (not the best sign ) that it would let them fix it. Of course, if it's caused by failing to deallocate unneeded memory, that's just programming, not a development package issue, but since I haven't seen their code, who knows what they've done.

----

Anyone know if the new "$4.99 to unlock all the heroes" applies to future heroes as well? I bought $5 worth of crystals some time ago and just spent the last to unlock the countess. If it's a one time purchase to access any and all future heroes, I'll just buy the package unlock, but if it's only for the existing heroes, well, not such a good deal.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 03-25-2012, 01:12 PM
JJE JJE is offline
Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
Done, checket ur web...
One thing missing, A FORUM
great update game is getting better
Hear hear!
A WIKI would be nice too
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:55 PM
dinoeggs777 dinoeggs777 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary_heroes View Post
Hi everyone,

We will start closed beta in the first half of April.
Players interested in participating, please contact us at legendary@maya.im sending the following information:

- Subject: Touch Arcade LH beta testing
- iDevice model and iOS version
- UDID
- Name
- How long have you been playing Legendary Heroes?
- Experience playing PC Action RTS games (LoL, HoN, DotA, DOTA 2, etc). This is not a requirement.

Best,
Legendary Heroes Team
Sent.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 03-25-2012, 06:22 PM
legendary_heroes legendary_heroes is offline
Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 4.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Stability on the 4G touch has never been good unfortunately. I can never get more than one or two games in before it will crash. By all appearances, they're not freeing up all the memory that was allocated to previous matches before the next one starts so the memory footprint keeps growing until the OS kills it. I've emailed their support and got back some bizarre answer where they apologized but were hoping when they got around to buying the full version of their development package (not the best sign ) that it would let them fix it. Of course, if it's caused by failing to deallocate unneeded memory, that's just programming, not a development package issue, but since I haven't seen their code, who knows what they've done.

----

Anyone know if the new "$4.99 to unlock all the heroes" applies to future heroes as well? I bought $5 worth of crystals some time ago and just spent the last to unlock the countess. If it's a one time purchase to access any and all future heroes, I'll just buy the package unlock, but if it's only for the existing heroes, well, not such a good deal.

Hello,

Heroes unlock:
This will be valid for all future heroes.
It is not decided yet, but the price for this IAP option probably will increase when new heroes are released.

Stability:
Here is the the response I sent to you by e-mail regarding this topic:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you very much for playing the game!
I apologize for the late response.

Thanks for your feedback.
We are fighting against memory usage since version 1.0 but could not yet find a good solution to resolve the problem 100%.
At some point in the near future we will upgrade to the latest version of the Engine we use, along with correspondent plugins/APIs and hopefully that is part of the final solution.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe you misunderstood my response. I mentioned we would upgrade to a new version of the Engine(Unity) and the plugins used in the project.
Not that we would buy the full version...

Rest assured we are not happy with this issue, we already spent a lot of time trying to resolve and will keep investigating. It might require to rewrite parts of the game to replace some plugins used, which will be quite expensive in terms of time.

As a small team, we are at the moment concentrating on multiplayer along with new heroes and things like Game Center support. Mutiplayer matches should not have this issue as the memory usage will be considerably smaller due to the server doing the heavy lift.

We again apologize for this issue and would like to ask other persons getting constant crashes every couple of matches to please contact us at legendary@maya.im so we can gather more details about the heroes and power-ups being used.
In our 3GS and iPod 4 gen devices, we usually see the problem after 4 matches.

Best,
Legendary Heroes Team
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 03-25-2012, 06:56 PM
C.Hannum C.Hannum is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary_heroes View Post
Heroes unlock:
This will be valid for all future heroes.
It is not decided yet, but the price for this IAP option probably will increase when new heroes are released.
Well, whether you increase it or not, you've made yourself another $5 from me.


Quote:
I believe you misunderstood my response. I mentioned we would upgrade to a new version of the Engine(Unity) and the plugins used in the project.
Not that we would buy the full version...
Apparently so
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 03-25-2012, 07:31 PM
legendary_heroes legendary_heroes is offline
Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 4.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Well, whether you increase it or not, you've made yourself another $5 from me.
Thank you very much for supporting us!

Best,
Legendary Heroes Team

Last edited by legendary_heroes; 03-25-2012 at 08:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 03-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Ap0calypse Ap0calypse is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary_heroes View Post
Thank you very much for supporting us!

Best,
Legendary Heroes Team
Me toooo
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 04-04-2012, 03:19 AM
eneim eneim is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
Default how about a back-up of my profile?

Is if possible to back-up my profile (i.e my all heroes' level, skills...), then a can retore them to use in another i-Device (i have an iPhone 4S and iPad 2) ? My Heroes almost reach level 1X (Crusader level 18), it's not so quick to re-train all of them. I want to use my iPad in case the new update with multiplayer support come out.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:48 AM
EndlessEcho EndlessEcho is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 33
Default

Game crashes...

Tap, hold and delete.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent