App description: New and Noteworthy! Top 10 Adventure! Top 50 Action! What's Hot!

The Players have spoken! Read what they have to say...

"This is the best side-scroller I've ever played on the iPhone"- AppVee.com

* "...The Graphics, Level of Detail, and Style is unheard of from indie developers"

-The Dingadergen (YouTube Reviewer)
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_nS2bXjPPk

* "Bottom line, if you like Metroidvania games or platformers, this is a ridiculous bargain... This game seems more like something that would go for $2.99-$4.99, imo."

-medianotzu (TA Customer Review)

* "This game feels like a megaman or metroid game, but plays like a game all its own!"

-Megasamus1 (Appstore Review)

STUNNING 3D GRAPHICS!
Explore beautiful environments rendered in 3D.

ULTRA-SMOOTH SIDESCROLLING ACTION
Experience one of the smoothest 3d-sidescrollers on the Appstore!

ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Featuring 17 Original Compositions.

CHALLENGING GAMEPLAY
Navigate hostile environments and upgrade LDU-1 as you strive to restore balance to the Biosphere!

INVEST IN THE FUTURE OF THE BIOSPHERE!
Grokion will be released in Episodic fashion. Invest now and receive ongoing expasions to the game at no extra cost!

GROKION EPISODE 01: INCEPTION

In a global exodus, mankinds elite abandons earth boarding vessel 144k, the Covenant Ark, on route to the moon in hope of salvation via an experimental lunar biosphere pioneered by Dr. Savain.

The Moon Biosphere Programme, developed to provide habitable atmospheric conditions and an independently sustainable environment on the moon, is largely a mystery utilizing experimental materials and technologies with power drawn from energy sources of unknown origin.

As the 144k makes way to the biosphere, chaos is erupting - the artificial ecosystem has become unstable, satellites, weapons and technology are failing and previously harmless fauna and flora are mutating into powerful creatures!

You are LDU-1 a Lunar Defense Unit designed by Dr. Savain and the very last unit standing in a fleet of security bots. Your mission is to find Dr. Savain and restore order to the biosphere before the exiled arrive, enabling them to land safely.

Grokion is an iconic action-adventure game inspired by the dark explorations of Metroid and intense platforming of Mega Man. Entwining brilliant modern game-play mechanics, physics-based puzzles and pure old-school styling, it delivers a nostalgic yet progressive gaming experience.

VISIT US: grokion.com
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/dododomination
LIKE US: facebook.com/grokion

aznriceboi13's comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jclef View Post
We also want you to know that those who buy this first Episode will be receiving each ongoing Episode at no Charge. As we release each one, the price will raise by a dollar, so the sooner you lock in, the better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ree View Post
Thanks for all the support everyone! Keep that feedback coming in

Update02: Two-Three weeks: (also depending on Apple approval time)
  • Indepth description of all powerups as you recieve them and their many usages.
  • Alternate control scheme (not decided what this will be yet, but some great suggestions has been made on the TA thread)
  • Extended Control panel for viewing past powerup descriptions and for making HUD changes like transparancy amount and size
Teaser:
03-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Sol is this worth a purchase even if the devs abandoned the game and the story is unfinished?
03-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heringer View Post
Sol is this worth a purchase even if the devs abandoned the game and the story is unfinished?
Hm.. not at its current price. I'd wait for it to drop back down to $0.99.

04-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
With Metroid Zero Mission being my all-time favorite platformer, I am always excited to those who pay homage to the almighty Metroid series. I just hope Nintendo doesn't come after you for copyright infringement
It's been two years and nothing so far. Anyway, usually things are taken down from the app store pretty quickly.

GC:SunScape | Plus+:MysticSun | Other:MystikSun
Youtube: SunScapeUPSB | PSN: mudkiprulz|
04-09-2012, 10:55 PM
So has this game been abandoned? There hasn't been anything on it in over a year. I loved this game too!
07-17-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm still waiting for the Ep 2. I won't lost my hope (although I searched in every place I found and found nothing about the Ep 2 ).
07-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Lmao... Guess I can go ahead and say this now.

I worked on the soundtrack for GRID, the Grokion side-project/training game. The developers gave up on the game over a year ago. Episode 2 is not coming.... Sorry.

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass
07-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Lmao... Guess I can go ahead and say this now.

I worked on the soundtrack for GRID, the Grokion side-project/training game. The developers gave up on the game over a year ago. Episode 2 is not coming.... Sorry.
Agh... Hope just lost lol

Too bad, I really liked the first episode, and I think that the game would do very well. Things happen...
07-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Yeah, it's a damn shame... I loved this game... :\
07-17-2012, 10:09 PM
EDIT: Double post. Disregard.

Last edited by ninjackid; 07-18-2012 at 10:37 AM.
07-22-2012, 09:04 PM
I agree its a shame. I have the entire game playing back in my mind. But I can't drag the awesome guys that helped me develop the game into a project that was not supported enough economically. Launch sales were not enough to depend on, and pushed us into traditional publisher/contract relationships.

I still have the full game around with the entire level design and playable with programmer art. But could never convince money people to give it another chance. I think the timing was really bad for Grokion. Everyone (money people) wanted to make the next CrapVille.

So to make a long story short, and after lots of fights with investors and publishers, we are back to doing the games we want to play. Today, I'm running a small studio of 17 excellent people and we will come out again. This time much more aggressive, smarter and not bending to any publisher.

Sadly, it will not be Grokion related, at least not our next title. But I really hope one day I can get Jonny and Jason pumped again on a title.

rozgo aka Alexander Orozco
independent game developer
http://www.rozgo.com

Last edited by rozgo; 07-22-2012 at 10:31 PM.