Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-04-2012, 07:59 PM

Updated to 1.3 : Still seems to be missing two musical notes in level 8 and 10 in level 9.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:18 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by farjo08 View Post
Updated to 1.3 : Still seems to be missing two musical notes in level 8 and 10 in level 9.
...And still crashes on 2Gs.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:06 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Any chance of this having a wee sale on Valentines Day? I think the theme is perfect for Valentine's Day! Help Trump and Lady Poppy find true love

Edit: Well, it's now Feb. 15th, and the answer was obviously no. What a missed marketing opportunity, imho!

Last edited by dclose; 02-15-2012 at 09:34 AM..
Old 02-16-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Any chance of this having a wee sale on Valentines Day? I think the theme is perfect for Valentine's Day! Help Trump and Lady Poppy find true love

Edit: Well, it's now Feb. 15th, and the answer was obviously no. What a missed marketing opportunity, imho!
Don't feel bad. Especially if you like to 100% complete games you won't be able to do it with this. Even contacting the devs directly and being told the glitches (i.e. missing notes) would be fixed in the next update. They weren't and according to other users, neither were the crashes they were experiencing either. If they would have fixed these issues, I'd easily reccomend the game, but since they are silent, don't care, or some other reason, similar to Terra Noctis and it's issues (posted a similar reponse there), I'd say forget about it, move along....
Old 02-16-2012, 08:16 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by farjo08 View Post
Don't feel bad. Especially if you like to 100% complete games you won't be able to do it with this. Even contacting the devs directly and being told the glitches (i.e. missing notes) would be fixed in the next update. They weren't and according to other users, neither were the crashes they were experiencing either. If they would have fixed these issues, I'd easily reccomend the game, but since they are silent, don't care, or some other reason, similar to Terra Noctis and it's issues (posted a similar reponse there), I'd say forget about it, move along....
What are the devices it's crashing on?

I have an iPod 4g with iOS 5.0.1 and experienced, maybe, 1 or 2 crashes.

I highly recommend this to anyone that has a device that can play it properly. It runs circles around most platformers, just like Terra Noctis.

BulkyPix has a knack for picking up great platformers but not helping to fine tune them.

Another amazing platformer lost to something like Little Acorns or Paper Monsters (albeit both games are good). As a puzzle(ish) platformer, it really only follows behind iBlast Moki and Rolando. But the visceral experience is top notch.

If you want a puzzle platformer you have to check out BlockHopper. It might be the new bar.

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 02-16-2012 at 08:38 PM..
Old 02-16-2012, 08:37 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderkid View Post
...And still crashes on 2Gs.
Guess I'll keep holding off on this. Keep us posted if a future update improves the 2G crash issues. I'd really like to get my hands on this one.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
What are the devices it's crashing on?

I have an iPod 4g with iOS 5.0.1 and experienced, maybe, 1 or 2 crashes.

I highly recommend this to anyone that has a device that can play it properly. It runs circles around most platformers, just like Terra Noctis.

BulkyPix has a knack for picking up great platformers but not helping to fine tune them.

Another amazing platformer lost to something like Little Acorns or Paper Monsters (albeit both games are good). As a puzzle(ish) platformer, it really only follows behind iBlast Moki and Rolando. But the visceral experience is top notch.

If you want a puzzle platformer you have to check out BlockHopper. It might be the new bar.

It's not crashing for me, but read through the entire thread and you'll see numerous posts about crashes and devices they crash on (as well as similar comments elsewhere and in the AppStore). Unless you're affilliated with the dev / publisher, why are you asking? Unless you can help or push some buttons, questioning others does not help.

My issues are very specific and provided very specific details to both the dev and publisher about the issue and they don't seem to care. I'm not going to say how I found my backing details, but they are 100% accurate (maybe that pissed them off becuase they know how I found out).

Either way, I'm not saying it's a bad game, all I was saying and will still stick to it, if you're the type of person that likes to finish a game to 100% completion, you can't with this game, and will end up being disappointed. Until those issues get fixed or the devs at least publicy acknowledge the issues and they gurantee a fix, don't bother. And if you need details, again read through the thread, I posted the issues here.

Almost reminiscent of Gesundheit and the issues with that game. Although the devs were quick to acknowledge the issues, and even some users claiming to beta testing a newer version and indicating it resolved the issues, no update was ever released. Sad... real sad...

@GoofyJmaster : Please don't take any of my comments personally. I don't mean to come across the wrong way or question you, but being as of late, a lot of games I have had issues with were mostly published by Bulkpix, it does get annoying, particulalry when they and/or devs will respond early on in threads only to disappear or completely ignore issues later on. So again, don't take any of my comments the wrong way or personally, I don't know you and have nothing against you. Just a bit tired of buying games that are impossible to complete (and seeing Terra Noctis and Prince Of Persia are nowhere to be found anymore, just gets to me and question why I bought some of these games in the first place).

Last edited by farjo08; 02-16-2012 at 10:21 PM..
Old 02-16-2012, 10:45 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

@Farjo08 Your post was too long to quote lol.

I have no problem with what you're concerned about. Mostly, I was just curious. I was just saying, even with the problems, the game is is excellent and runs circles around most other platformers.

I agree with you on the whole BulkyPix thing, which is why I said, they have a knack for picking up good/great platformers and not fine tuning them.

I think that BP has a lot more to do with what we hear and see from devs than we think. As a dev, you have to abide by any rules that a are made in a contract.

I think this is shown very, very clearly with Terra Noctis. A bunch of talented-maybe inexperienced-devs that made a game. We saw them team up with Everplay to help increase sales and fix bugs, but BulkyPix intervened from my understanding.

I hear a lot about time schedules and devs/programmers not really being allowed to do their jobs on console. I don't officially know since I'm not officially affiliated with anyone.

The only thing I can say that can help BulkyPix devs is, the platformers they publish are definitely trying to break barriers and/or provide full experiences; not just mini games. Within doing that, we may see more bugs. The bug squashing is somewhat out of my knowledge threshold. My assumption is, the lack of sales effects what we see in updates. Maybe this is more apparent when we have a bigger publisher involved, especially one like BulyPix that doesn't seem to give a sh*t.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:45 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Hmm, version 1.3.1 out today with "minor bug fixes" only. Anyone have any idea what that means?
Old 03-29-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Hmm, version 1.3.1 out today with "minor bug fixes" only. Anyone have any idea what that means?
Just checked out the thread hoping to find the same. Haven't had a chance to play it again, but will try to check it out over the weekend and see if the missing musical notes are there (that was the only issue I had).

If anyone else has details or knows if you can now complete the game 100%, would love to find out before spending the time to see that the same issues persist.