Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-27-2012, 02:46 AM

Default Fade: Case of the Stolen Diamonds - (by Tree Top Games)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Old 03-27-2012, 03:45 AM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-27-2012, 03:48 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

interesting game, i am gonna try it
Old 03-27-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekstuff View Post
interesting game, i am gonna try it
Thanks! I really hope you enjoy it!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Welcome to Fade Haven!

This launch flew under the radar without much lead fanfare preceding it, so the thread's appearance this morning and the ever-present, hard-working Sanuku's posted vid sold me.

"Fade: The Case of the Stolen Diamonds" introduces an interesting game mechanic giving our mousy detective the ability to walk through walls, ceilings and floors. However, one must scan ahead and plan his moves in advance because our murine sleuth is constantly on the move with no way to control his lateral movements save a bounce off of a wall or within the outlined confines of an activated "fade mechanism". If his movements aren't scouted well in advance, he will most likely be led to walk into one of the varied danger areas spotted throughout many of the levels allowing a thievish rat a clean escape with the stolen goods.

The introductory black and white graphical style marries perfectly with the detecting musical OST. I say "introductory" because it looks like other old-timey, aged noir skins can be unlocked as more diamonds are gathered and collected.

From the opening newspaper splash menu, to the non-intrusive, on-the-fly tutorial to the constant snooping, chase and eventual capture, this is an extremely entertaining gem that gives this little mouse an iOS platform from which to roar.

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 03-27-2012 at 10:12 AM..
Old 03-27-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
This launch flew under the radar without much lead fanfare preceding it, so the thread's appearance this morning and the ever-present, hard-working Sanuku's posted vid sold me.

"Fade: The Case of the Stolen Diamonds" introduces an interesting game mechanic giving our mousy detective the ability to walk through walls, ceilings and floors. However, one must scan ahead and plan his moves in advance because our murine sleuth is constantly on the move with no way to control his lateral movements save a bounce off of a wall or within the outlined confines of an activated "fade mechanism". If his movements aren't scouted well in advance, he will most likely be led to walk into one of the varied danger areas spotted throughout many of the levels allowing the thievish rat to escape with the stolen goods.

The introductory black and white graphical style marries perfectly with the detecting musical OST. I say "introductory" because it looks like other old-timey, aged noir skins can be unlocked as more diamonds are gathered and collected.

From the opening newspaper splash menu, to the non-intrusive, on-the-fly tutorial to the constant snooping, chase and eventual capture, this is an extremely entertaining gem that gives this little mouse an iOS platform from which to roar.
Thanks so much for the favorable review, ColeDaddy! It means a lot to me If you could help me out and post this on the iTunes page I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks again and I am very glad you enjoy Fade!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:13 AM

Thanks so much, Sanuku, for creating this thread and posting your own videos here! I really appreciate it! I hope you enjoy playing the game as much as I have had making it.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyLumpkins View Post
Thanks so much for the favorable review, ColeDaddy! It means a lot to me If you could help me out and post this on the iTunes page I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks again and I am very glad you enjoy Fade!
Way ahead of you: Actually, I immediately posted it on iTunes before reading your post!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Way ahead of you: Actually, I immediately posted it on iTunes before reading your post!
Thanks so much! That really means a lot to me!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:47 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Request

After playing several levels, I noticed that my "fat fingers" get in the way when navigating between tight spaces (i.e.) brick walls and spikes. My fingers tend to block my view and I need to crane my neck a bit to get a catch a better glimpse of where I'm headed.

I would like to request to include for an upcoming future build, the option to have a "tab" jutting out of the "fade box" so I can better view where I'm leading the mouse detective. This way, I can more accurately navigate the sleuth between tricky and tight spaces.