Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Sanuku Sanuku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,983
Default Fade: Case of the Stolen Diamonds - (by Tree Top Games)


Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Sanuku Sanuku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,983
Default


Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-27-2012, 03:48 AM
geekstuff geekstuff is offline
Member
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 43
Default

interesting game, i am gonna try it
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-27-2012, 09:31 AM
ChubbyLumpkins ChubbyLumpkins is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekstuff View Post
interesting game, i am gonna try it
Thanks! I really hope you enjoy it!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 AM
ColeDaddy's Avatar
ColeDaddy ColeDaddy is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 2,921
Default Welcome to Fade Haven!

This launch flew under the radar without much lead fanfare preceding it, so the thread's appearance this morning and the ever-present, hard-working Sanuku's posted vid sold me.

"Fade: The Case of the Stolen Diamonds" introduces an interesting game mechanic giving our mousy detective the ability to walk through walls, ceilings and floors. However, one must scan ahead and plan his moves in advance because our murine sleuth is constantly on the move with no way to control his lateral movements save a bounce off of a wall or within the outlined confines of an activated "fade mechanism". If his movements aren't scouted well in advance, he will most likely be led to walk into one of the varied danger areas spotted throughout many of the levels allowing a thievish rat a clean escape with the stolen goods.

The introductory black and white graphical style marries perfectly with the detecting musical OST. I say "introductory" because it looks like other old-timey, aged noir skins can be unlocked as more diamonds are gathered and collected.

From the opening newspaper splash menu, to the non-intrusive, on-the-fly tutorial to the constant snooping, chase and eventual capture, this is an extremely entertaining gem that gives this little mouse an iOS platform from which to roar.

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 03-27-2012 at 10:12 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-27-2012, 10:11 AM
ChubbyLumpkins ChubbyLumpkins is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
This launch flew under the radar without much lead fanfare preceding it, so the thread's appearance this morning and the ever-present, hard-working Sanuku's posted vid sold me.

"Fade: The Case of the Stolen Diamonds" introduces an interesting game mechanic giving our mousy detective the ability to walk through walls, ceilings and floors. However, one must scan ahead and plan his moves in advance because our murine sleuth is constantly on the move with no way to control his lateral movements save a bounce off of a wall or within the outlined confines of an activated "fade mechanism". If his movements aren't scouted well in advance, he will most likely be led to walk into one of the varied danger areas spotted throughout many of the levels allowing the thievish rat to escape with the stolen goods.

The introductory black and white graphical style marries perfectly with the detecting musical OST. I say "introductory" because it looks like other old-timey, aged noir skins can be unlocked as more diamonds are gathered and collected.

From the opening newspaper splash menu, to the non-intrusive, on-the-fly tutorial to the constant snooping, chase and eventual capture, this is an extremely entertaining gem that gives this little mouse an iOS platform from which to roar.
Thanks so much for the favorable review, ColeDaddy! It means a lot to me If you could help me out and post this on the iTunes page I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks again and I am very glad you enjoy Fade!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-27-2012, 10:13 AM
ChubbyLumpkins ChubbyLumpkins is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
Default

Thanks so much, Sanuku, for creating this thread and posting your own videos here! I really appreciate it! I hope you enjoy playing the game as much as I have had making it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 AM
ColeDaddy's Avatar
ColeDaddy ColeDaddy is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 2,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyLumpkins View Post
Thanks so much for the favorable review, ColeDaddy! It means a lot to me If you could help me out and post this on the iTunes page I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks again and I am very glad you enjoy Fade!
Way ahead of you: Actually, I immediately posted it on iTunes before reading your post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-27-2012, 10:24 AM
ChubbyLumpkins ChubbyLumpkins is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Way ahead of you: Actually, I immediately posted it on iTunes before reading your post!
Thanks so much! That really means a lot to me!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-27-2012, 11:47 AM
ColeDaddy's Avatar
ColeDaddy ColeDaddy is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 2,921
Default Request

After playing several levels, I noticed that my "fat fingers" get in the way when navigating between tight spaces (i.e.) brick walls and spikes. My fingers tend to block my view and I need to crane my neck a bit to get a catch a better glimpse of where I'm headed.

I would like to request to include for an upcoming future build, the option to have a "tab" jutting out of the "fade box" so I can better view where I'm leading the mouse detective. This way, I can more accurately navigate the sleuth between tricky and tight spaces.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent