Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-26-2012, 02:25 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonA View Post
Folks,

Thanks for all the comments. A few things for you:

1.) We're actively starting work on multiplayer play starting right around now. It'll be pass-and-play first, then some integration with GameCenter. We'll be rolling that out for all of our games eventually, but I suspect that Money and Web of Power's The Duel will be the first two to get the treatment, as our most popular game and our newest one.

2.) The multiplayer Web of Power card game is not quite the same game as The Duel. It has more complex "Law" cards (which replace the discs and allow you to break certain rules when they're used), it has more complex country symbols (not only are there country symbols, but also subcountry symbols, and they can both score) and different "power" symbol scoring (you have boats & carriages which score if you earn 5+). We do have the rights for the game, and we're going to release it if the first Card Game does well (so far, so good), but it's got enough changes to the AI and the UI that it's not just a matter of turning on play for 3 or 4 players.

Shannon

PS: Join our Mobile Euro Game group to get the latest info on our games ( http://groups.google.com/group/mobile-euro-game ). Planned for this year: Eric Vogel's Armorica, Reiner Knizia's Masters Gallery (just a retheming of Modern Art Card Game), pass + play, Game Center, and maybe Reiner Knizia's King Arthur Card Game.
Cool, I do look forward to that as well and hope it gets made!

While just two players keeps things nice and fast flowing, I think there really is something to be said for 3+ player games, especially when dealing with AI players. Take the game Ascension. 1 on 1 against the toughest available AI I'll win most of the time but as soon as you move onto 3-4 players, the interaction between the AI players and the fact that every card isn't simply a matter of my 1 opponent or I taking it, really starts to mix things up and makes for a more challenging game.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:08 PM

Really enjoying this one. As far as Euro-style games go, Skotos is my favorite developer. I just wish I was better at the game.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:43 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones2929 View Post
Really enjoying this one. As far as Euro-style games go, Skotos is my favorite developer. I just wish I was better at the game.
Hitting that Duel shield up in the upper right corner really helped me know where I was at.

I also was a bit slow to pick up on the number on each shield is there to let you know how many nationality tokens that country has in total. While a quick scan of the board could tell you if any symbols of that country are left anyways, if your opponent has 3 nationality tokens of a 7 token country, you know right off you need to get all remaining 4 to have even a chance at winning this country back (and even then it could still be a tie if your opponent has a hidden token of that country).
Old 01-23-2013, 02:24 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Is Michael Schacht's Web of Power buggy? When I take a card that has the AI's ownership token on it, one of my token is removed from play, but it doesn't apply for the AI.

The AI does not seem to ever pay any of its tokens for removing cards with my tokens on them. By the end of the game, the AI always still has three tokens left, despite having removed my tokens...