Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-21-2012, 02:02 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Will there be any IAP like ships etc?
Old 03-21-2012, 03:41 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Excellent question, as far as it goes concerning the initial release their won't be any IAP at this point. Based on sales the client (Holistic Games) wants to do content updates, but has not mentioned any specific IAP. We did however have a conversation concerning IAP in general , and that is we both agree IAP should be only used to support the game play and not override it, IE nothing you can get with IAP should not be available to the player through regular play. and those items should not be so hard to get as to you must use IAP to get them
Old 03-21-2012, 10:04 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Boarding Actions!

So today I was able to get the grappling hooks to work correctly! Grappling hooks can be shot out by certain vessels and allow you to reel in a enemy vessel and then send your Marines in to board it and seize the ship.

We are still working out how the boarding will go, currently we leaning to more of a quick display of your force vs their force and display percents as they battle. Do you guys feel this automated battle would be cool enough IE run some stats to see if you boarding party was sufficient enough, OR should we make it a bit more involved?
Old 03-24-2012, 12:21 AM

Awesome, I don't really understand what your saying there but your game will be definitely a purchase for me without any hesitation! Keep up the good work guys I'll be keeping my eyes on this post!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:04 AM

Looks interesting! Hopefully this game will be coming soon...
Old 03-28-2012, 04:16 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisguri View Post
We are still working out how the boarding will go, currently we leaning to more of a quick display of your force vs their force and display percents as they battle. Do you guys feel this automated battle would be cool enough IE run some stats to see if you boarding party was sufficient enough, OR should we make it a bit more involved?
FEEDBACK!

So, I would say that it depends on how involved the rest of the game is. If it's all involved, then make this simple so it doesn't detract from the rest of the game too much. If you want ALL of the game to be hardcore involved, then do it.

Failing that, put in a difficulty option (or "involvement") and have it set to easy to have simple stats/battles/etc and complicated to see everything and have precise numbers, etc.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:58 AM
iPhone 4

Upcoming VTS update! And a new game!?!?!? I LOVE YOU DEVS!!!

Liking the plethora of explosions already. What weapons will be featured in the game? From the teasers, there only seem to be one type of attack.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:39 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

Really nice looking game. The effects and the level of polish look really fantastic!

As for boarding, I agree with Echoseven: it's hard to say how involved this should be without playing the game. I could make a random suggestion, like making boarding like the combat in Paper Mario where you will always board based on your stats vs the enemy's but you could be extra-successful if you do well at an optional, brief mini-game... that could be really fun or totally inappropriate if there are no other arcadey aspects to the game at all.

If I have any crits from the trailer, it's that the photographed characters feel rather cheesy. So much of the in-game art is lovingly rendered, it would be nice to see some similarly well-rendered painted portraits of characters. But that's certainly not a game-breaker. The combat overall looks fun and I'll totally have to check out 'Vincere Totus Astrum.'
Old 03-29-2012, 04:27 AM

How much will the game cost? And is there any official release date?
Old 05-08-2013, 09:37 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Is there any update on this game, or is it vaporware?