Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-29-2012, 09:38 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by UppercutAJ View Post
That's right...the size difference is because the folks at Epic Games have done some great optimizations to the Unreal Engine since we first launched back in November.

Basically now any texture that appears in the game is only packaged into the ipa once, as before some things were duplicated multiple times...

We actually just added more high res content to the game, like doubling the resolution of characters to use 2048x2048 textures, but overall it's still smaller to download!

AJ
Uppercut Games
So does it have retina for iPad 3
Old 03-29-2012, 10:56 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

If you look at a few posts above you'll see that there is no retina for new iPad. Although considering its already slightly laggy with the new effects, retina is going to kill framerates. This new iPad gpu is really not strong enough.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
If you look at a few posts above you'll see that there is no retina for new iPad. Although considering its already slightly laggy with the new effects, retina is going to kill framerates. This new iPad gpu is really not strong enough.
Runs smooth for me on the new iPad.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

So are any of the new improvements also visible on iPad2?
Since the New iPAd GPU may be stronger than the iPad2 GPU but is mainly necessary to drive the huge amount Retina display pixels. Gamewise in terms of what they can render Retina and non Retina, their power should be near identical.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymadison View Post
So are any of the new improvements also visible on iPad2?
Since the New iPAd GPU may be stronger than the iPad2 GPU but is mainly necessary to drive the huge amount Retina display pixels. Gamewise in terms of what they can render Retina and non Retina, their power should be near identical.
From the games I've played so far, there's seems to be some extra power beyond just running the screen. Retina games seem to play just as well as on iPad 2 but look much better. By that I mean the iPad doesn't need all of that extra processor power just by the screen being on. There are resources there to ramp up the graphics etc.

We'll have to wait until some devs really push the processor to see what it's capable of.

Last edited by callmericardo; 03-29-2012 at 12:06 PM..
Old 03-29-2012, 12:28 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Devs will need to optimize their games some more instead of flipping the switch and upping the res. galaxy on fire 2 hd is one example. This game is still smooth for the most part but there are few instances where it very slightly chops up a little. I imagine retina will make framerates quite noticeablely worse. But I do hope I'm wrong in my prediction!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Anyone else experiencing very slow download speed for this game fit now? I'm able to download any other app super fast, but this one is taking its time...
Old 03-29-2012, 09:26 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Hmm... Since the update, it looks really fuzzy on my ipod 4th gen. I know I don't have the best device, but it looks and plays worse than it did in the previous version. Something has gone wrong here.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:53 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by operaguy2112 View Post
Hmm... Since the update, it looks really fuzzy on my ipod 4th gen. I know I don't have the best device, but it looks and plays worse than it did in the previous version. Something has gone wrong here.
You are NOT alone:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beelzebub23 View Post
If it's any consolation the iPhone 4 LOST it's retina as well, and no comment from the devs yet.
Perhaps a bug, I'm hoping it's NOT a feature!
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Confirmation on the lack of retina on iPhone 4. The graphics are DEFINITELY not the way they used to be. :/
Seems like ALL 4th gen devices lost the ever so popular retina feature, hope an update will bring it back because I see no reason to remove it (other then making the size smaller) since the frame-rate was good and seldom lagged!

Can anyone with an iPhone 4S confirm still having retina after the update?

Perhaps it's a wider problem which will be fixed later since people are reporting that even the iPad 3rd Gen. did not receive retina as well.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:38 PM

I can confirm two things post update ;

iPhone 4s still has retina game looks great better with new textures;

And in iPad (3) looks horrible no retina, huge Jaggies and murky blurry visuals.

Am I nuts or did the text if the update specifically not say retina for new iPad? Ifso how do you have a retina update that not only is not retina but makes the game look worse?