App description: For over 3 decades The World's Strongest Man has tested the limits of human strength, power and endurance. Do you have what it takes to go up against the toughest men on the planet and be crowned The World's Strongest Man?

Embark on a rags to riches style career as you attempt to transform yourself on a journey from hometown hero to strongest man on the planet. It's not going to be easy and will require balancing a gruelling strength and conditioning program along with a yearly events schedule.

Train your character and boost your stats to ensure you are up to the task of taking on the elite. Compete in real life events, featuring intuitive controls which will ensure that you're placed right in the heart of the action. Battle through pain and make a number of career decisions which could make or break you. Will you take your coaches advice, attend the latest promotional event and what's the best way to build your body to compete? It's time to find out as it's all here in The World's Strongest Man.

Sanuku's comments:

03-29-2012, 06:55 AM
Heh... no one willing to TOFTT, eh? Says a lot about the app.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-29-2012, 07:12 AM
I got it. It seems OK, but there is a lot of down time (training) between events in career mode. Training basically consists of choosing a stat to upgrade. You have to choose which stats you want to increase, but there is no game associated with the training...you just pick it, and watch the energy deplete and the stat increase. There can be some strategy by choosing the intensity of the training (high risk, high reward vs. low risk, low reward), but it can seem a bit of a chore to go through weeks of choosing before getting to your first competition. The games themselves seem OK, you can get a good sense of them from the video. Overall, this seems like a pretty niche title...if you like the WSM competitions, you'll probably dig it. Otherwise, maybe not.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
03-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Woah...this really is decent. Might get it after all.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 03-29-2012 at 12:25 PM.
03-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut23 View Post
Report back if it`s any good lol
OK, so I gave this a go and jumped right into free play mode because in most games where you have to train before the events it's kinda boring, and lets face it, you just wanna get into the game. This game is no different in that aspect. Watching these things on TV got me interested in this. Basically, in these events, you are just doing repetitive things like mashing the buttons as fast as you can, as in the Overhead lift, with it being like you mashing the buttons to get up after getting knocked down in boxing games, each weight as it gets heavier needs you to mash faster, like in each round of boxing, etc. The Truck Pull has you alternatingly slidind a finger down in time with sort of a metronome to go farther. The Keg Toss has you sliding one finger down and releasing it, the Atlas Stones has you mashing both buttons to get to each level to finish putting the ball up on the barrel. The Pillars of Hercules has you rotating your thumbs on each side fast enough so you power bars don't deplete. So, if this sounds fun to you, you'll like this, but to me it was too easy, repetitive, and personally,(to me), just not much fun. And now it's gone!