Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 03-29-2012, 11:38 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Ipad3 Updates for Non Ipad3 Owners?

So for those of us who don't own a new Ipad, are all these updates just really large texture packs that we should *not* update? Will these all just increase the file size of these apps due to the larger texture size?

Are you just not updating those apps? I have almost 10gig's free on my iPhone 4s, when I go to "update all" (5 total updates) it says I don't have enough room on my device.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:48 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

File sizes should be increased by 4x for retina apps and games (4x the pixels). Just not update.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:46 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentcorp View Post
So for those of us who don't own a new Ipad, are all these updates just really large texture packs that we should *not* update? Will these all just increase the file size of these apps due to the larger texture size?

Are you just not updating those apps? I have almost 10gig's free on my iPhone 4s, when I go to "update all" (5 total updates) it says I don't have enough room on my device.
I doubt all file sizes are going to be quadruple, I can see about double for a lot of apps.

But honesty, are you going to permanently ignore updates? It's not ideal, but can you ignore the updates because of the size? If you do, then you're going to be missing out on other fixes, additions, etc.

Also, just to be clear, doing on device updates take substantially more space since everything is done on the device. Now if you're updating games like Words with Friends and Evernote, then there might be problems