Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Promo Codes and Contests

Old 03-29-2012, 03:02 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Reviewed as Marc Fizzy on US store with 5 stars:

Quote:
Your Delicious Calorie Counter

Viaden is known for the polished interface design and powerful functions of their apps. But Calorie Counter honestly takes it to the next level. It has the exquisiteness of Delicious Library, and yet the app is packed with endless features that will surprise you from time to time.

The UI looks extremely polished and sophisticated. Seriously, you won't believe it. It's almost like every pixel fell as a tear from an angel. But a good interface design is never only about prettiness. The designers knows exactly what they are doing. Since it's a universal app, it has to adapt itself to the screens of both iPhone and iPad. Of course, it does an amazing job. But more than just that, I am glad to find out the developers especially optimize the design for iPad. Whether it's for a horizontal or a vertical layout, the app always looks great!

However, the app is not just a beautiful app, it's also useful and very easy to use. I leaned how to use this app almost in an instant. It's self-explanatory, but that doesn't mean it lacks functionality. Calorie Counter has a huge database. So basically, all you have to do is add the food you ate, the app will finish all the tedious chores and boring calculating. You can easily tell your intake of calories, fat, protein, fiber, and so on. Besides, all the data can be visualized in form of graphs and it's clear and easy to read your summary like this. The app also supports Dropbox sync, which is amazing. Now I can take down whatever food I eat immediately on my iPhone and read the detailed summary on my iPad at home.

Some suggestions I'd like to make:

1. A barcode scanner for every user. Although I prefer to type the name and search, barcode might come in handy once for a while. For non-subscription users, they might need this feature as well. But typing the digits seems slow and old-fashioned. The problem is, most apps offer barcode scanning for free, it is unreasonable to charge people for this basic feature.

2. A few iPad interface tweaks. When I first look at this app on iPad, I found some of the characters were too small, especially the "Cholesterol......" on the food page. But maybe this is because mine is an old iPad 2, I hope it will look better on the new iPad.
I also have a suggestion about the gear icon next to the twitter icon on the food page. I think, first, the icon (which is supposed to add and rearrange the nutrients list) should sit on the right side of "Consumed Food" section; second the gear icon is very misleading. At first I thought it was for the setting of the whole app. I suggest to replace it will a plus icon (+).
Moreover, I hope the text "tap here to add food" can have a button background. The text is small and not prominent enough.

3. It's fun to change the background after you tap a different tab. However, as for me, although the layout stays the same, it feels a bit inconsistent. I do like all the vivid colors and beautiful background pictures. So I don't have a good suggestion now. But I guess if you keep the color of icons (food, activity, diary, and summary) the same in different pages.

4. I really hope the Dropbox sync can use SSL by default. Please!

5. When you add custom food, does the weight has to be 100.00g. I hope there could be more options.

I highly recommend this app to every iDevice owners. Not only because App Store named Calorie Counter the best of the iPad Health & Fitness category in App Store Rewind 2011, or I think you will love its interface and function, but I believe it's quite unreasonable not to download such a great free app. The app basically has everything you need, and the secret that is the pro version (Calorie Counter Plus) shares almost the same feature with this free version. So why not download it now? If you are really impressed, you can always be a subscription member.

Hands down to the best calorie counter on App Store!!!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2012-03-30 at 3.01.43 AM.png (135.8 KB, 27 views)
Old 03-29-2012, 08:28 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

reviewed in US iTunes store as: sleeperjones

Quote:
If you are on a strict diet plan and you are struggling to keep track of it, then this app is for you. With this app it makes it extremely easy to track what and when you eats.

This free version is basic and has enough tools to track and visually monitor your calorie intake, however, if you want all the bells and whistles 0.99 is a small price to pay for all the logging/statistics you can achieve with the paid version. I upgraded to the Calorie Counter Plus version to get Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar tracking and the ability to print detailed dietary reports. This is definitely a plus if you have ever the need to take a dietary listing in to your doctor/dietician.

Suggestions:
* Option to set notifications at set meal times like reminders so that if you are actually having or just had a meal you will still remember to log the values when its still fresh in your head. Will also serve as a reminder to not skip meals.

* Visually this fails in comparison to your other apps. The color scheme and contrast is sometimes hard to read like the white text on green background. Most text in the app could be more crisp like in some of your other apps.

I'd recommend to anyone intent on improving their health or need a way to track food intake etc for health concerns.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:57 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Reviewed as Alex L (aka Alex@NeXt) on US AppStore.

Quote:
Updated (Suggestions): The app has a nice UI. You can track all statics very clearly. l have some suggestions here:
1. At the beginning, the sign in or sign up page, currently we can make a new profile or download one from Dropbox. Is it possible to sign in previous account directly instead of Dropbox?
2. During the creation of profile, there're some display errors.
3. There can support more languages. Thus, more people can use this great app!
4. In Diary, there's a scroll function to see more. Can the upper part be fading in and out.
5. In Summary, can there be a function to save graphs to camera roll?
6. The twitter integration should support Twitter for iOS 5?
7. Can there be a limited time trail for the Pro version? If the Pro version is really worth buying, I think after trying, more people will buy it.
8. Retina display upadte should be added.

When you open the app, you can either sign up a new profile or use a profile from Dropbox. I create my own profile in the app. During the establish of profile, you must provide some of your personal information, such as your birthday, weight, height. After the registration, you can use all resources in the app now.

You can note your food eat, activities you make everyday. The build-in large database will provide you an amount of food categories or you can add your custom food. The app will calculate the calorie of food you have. You can view the consumed carolie comparing with the day goal you should have. The day goal calorie is got according to your body data you provide during the registration process.

You can also see many water glasses on the tab of food. It indicates the recommended daily amount of water you should drink. Take me as an example, I should have 14 glasses of water everyday. Below the water glasses, there's a table shows the amount of different integrants you have for the whole day's diet.

In the tab of activity, you can view how much calorie you have burnt. You can have a Pie picture to make a summary of your nutrient balance. All your activity can be posted on Facebook and Twitter. You can share them with your friends.

You can also upgrade to PRO version by subcription. There are 2 subscriptions available: $23.99 for 12 months or $3.99 for 1month. In the PRO version, you can complete list, view the recipes of delicious food, do activity planning, etc.

Calorie Counter is a daily-necessary app! So pick it no, then you can track your body health and make happier life!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:01 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

reviewed as dreadnok
Quote:
Great for Health buffs
I've never been a counter of calories I found it a most difficult task so I never bothered with it, but I have been impressed with previous apps made by this company and I was curious to see how it worked

You get food diary to tracks calories, water, fitness and the time each food item is consumed. Also it tracks a variety of nutrients, including total fats, carbohydrates, protein, cholesterol, saturated fat and fiber. There's an option to create your own diet and physical activity plan and an Integrated Body Tracker for registering the changes of your body parameters and monitoring the progress .

With a huge database of different types of food you get a well rounded selection but I found that some stuff that need tweaking
1)the bar code should scan
2)I think it's about time to have the ability to use one profile with all the apps made by the company it's annoying to have to input that info for each app there should be a way to have them synced

besides that it's a great app
One thing I noticed some people asking about changing lbs to kgs and ft to cm, just change from metric to imperial in the profile settings

Last edited by dreadnok; 03-29-2012 at 11:02 PM..
Old 03-30-2012, 12:46 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Reviewed as #KBryant24 on March 29, 2012:

Quote:
Calorie Counter is one of the best calorie trackers that I have seen on the App Store. Very simple and easy to use, this app manages and records all of your calories for the day. You can even set up plans (such as weight loss, weight gain, or maintenance), in which the app will set a daily calorie goal and track your progress throughout the day by adding food/meals once consumed. They even include a tracker for the recommended daily amount of water intake. I really enjoyed the nutrient balance charts and graphs, because I could view the percent distribution of my calorie intake through carbs, fat, and protein. Despite this, I think that the best feature of this app was its activity tracker, so you could see how many calories you burned during the day. Both the food and activity libraries were very comprehensive; it was neat that you have the ability to add your own set of data if it is unavailable in the app's database. Also, this app includes a very detailed help section, answers to any questions I had could be found there.

Some suggestions that I would have for the developer of this app is adding the ability to print out any charts/graphs so you could have a physical and visual representation of how well you're doing. Also, I would add a feature that activates at a certain time to remind users to record their meals.

Overall, Calorie Counter is a great app to pick up, especially for the price of free! This is one of the most comprehensive and reliable calorie trackers out there. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for an app to track their calorie intake.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:49 AM
iPad 2

Left a review on us store as ewTang

Quote:
This app is so cool, and easy handled, just set up a goal of weight or a diet plan, then stay with it, you will find your weight lossing day by day.

Way to go.

Feedback: could you add some more units? If you could add on a kilogram that would be perfect.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:37 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Winners have been announced
Old 03-30-2012, 04:43 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Giftcard received and redeemed! Thanks a lot!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:40 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Thanks for the prize.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:44 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Congrats to the winners!