Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:54 PM
seon seon is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 97
Default

The issue turned out to be a server related issue with the database due to a new feature I am working on for the next update that wasn't formatted properly to be ignored by the current live version.

Was 10000% my own silly fault.

I am so sorry for the quick false start, but hope you all enjoy CUbemen now that it is actually loading !

Sheesh I feel like an idiot
  #52  
Old 03-29-2012, 02:39 AM
Kamizak3 Kamizak3 is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: California
Posts: 93
Default

Thanks! It works again , it's so HARD yet SO FUN
  #53  
Old 03-29-2012, 02:41 AM
seon seon is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamizak3 View Post
Thanks! It works again , it's so HARD yet SO FUN
Yay, glad you are up and running. I feel so stupid for the tiny silly mistake I made on the server - ON LAUNCH DAY! of all times
  #54  
Old 03-29-2012, 10:19 AM
sakinnuso sakinnuso is offline
Senior Member
iPad
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 147
Default

A little concerned with some of the bugs so far. For example, I played two games in single player. In both games, waves simply stopped coming. In the first game, I defeated three waves. Nothing happened. Then, I tried to send my man all the way to the enemy outpost to see if it would trigger an event. Nothing happened. Music continued playing, sound effects were still going, but enemy waves just stopped coming.

I reset, then tried a new game today. Same thing, this time only one wave came.
I look at the screen, can still manipulate the map and populate troops, but no new enemy waves advance.

Also, what does the little clock icon in the right hand corner do? There's nothing in the tutorial about it.

Lastly, any plans on making troops upgradeable? thats where the depth of tower defense games really comes in. Currently, there's no true strategy other than accounting for terrain height. Positioning of my troop type doesnt cancel each other, there's no upgrading, and there really isnt an exotic soldier type that mixes things up. What about a costly exploding soldier good for one time use, but clears a decent area with blast damage? Perhaps a long range grenadier that the user can selectively target specifc squares accounting for either timing or blast radius? powerful at a distance, but useless close range? Maybe a close combat class with no gun but heavy one-block damage, low cost? Heck, even a very costly soldier that briefly turns enemy types into foes would be interesting! a bit of strategy and variety would go soooooooo far in cubemen!

i dig the simple clean aesthetic, and the idea of multiplayer, but the lack of depth might hold this game back from being more than the newest thursday appstore novelty.

I am currently playing on the iPad 3. easy level. Regular mode. map 2...i skipped map 1.


edit: successfully played a full game on map 1

Last edited by sakinnuso; 03-29-2012 at 11:01 AM..
  #55  
Old 03-29-2012, 04:57 PM
seon seon is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 97
Default

I am aware of a bug related to games that show first play tutorial message. They get stuck sometimes when a double message is show by accident.

This issue is fixed for the next update, but shouldn't show itself after all of the first play messages have been shown.

Cheers :-)
  #56  
Old 03-29-2012, 05:02 PM
seon seon is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakinnuso View Post
Lastly, any plans on making troops upgradeable? thats where the depth of tower defense games really comes in. Currently, there's no true strategy other than accounting for terrain height. Positioning of my troop type doesnt cancel each other, there's no upgrading, and there really isnt an exotic soldier type that mixes things up. What about a costly exploding soldier good for one time use, but clears a decent area with blast damage? Perhaps a long range grenadier that the user can selectively target specifc squares accounting for either timing or blast radius? powerful at a distance, but useless close range? Maybe a close combat class with no gun but heavy one-block damage, low cost? Heck, even a very costly soldier that briefly turns enemy types into foes would be interesting! a bit of strategy and variety would go soooooooo far in cubemen!

i dig the simple clean aesthetic, and the idea of multiplayer, but the lack of depth might hold this game back from being more than the newest thursday appstore novelty.
I dont think I will ever make units upgradable. It will take away from the simplicity of the game (though never is a long time but I am adding more units types over time. Next up is the Sniper - really low health, but can shoot pretty much the entire length of a level and has a long cool down time, but mega damage on the shots. After that will be some type of shield Cubeman.

I have a lot planned for Cubemen, including new game modes too. Unfortunately I only have 2 hands and have to sleep occasionally too
  #57  
Old 03-29-2012, 10:38 PM
playpunk playpunk is offline
Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San francisco
Posts: 77
Default

Thanks seon, my cubemen runs now too and I've been playing it all day!

Really love the skirmish modes, gonna have to try a live person now....is it possible you could make a local multiplayer or at least Bluetooth so I can play with friends at my house?

Really lovin this...I guess it's a common bug that yr little cube guys fall off the platforms sometimes and get stuck below the level? Happens a lot but don't mind against the ai. That will be another story with someone live tho, thx!
  #58  
Old 03-29-2012, 10:50 PM
seon seon is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by playpunk View Post
Thanks seon, my cubemen runs now too and I've been playing it all day!

Really love the skirmish modes, gonna have to try a live person now....is it possible you could make a local multiplayer or at least Bluetooth so I can play with friends at my house?

Really lovin this...I guess it's a common bug that yr little cube guys fall off the platforms sometimes and get stuck below the level? Happens a lot but don't mind against the ai. That will be another story with someone live tho, thx!
The cubemen units react to the physics from the bullets and projectiles, so yes, they can get pushed off the level if they get over powered. Idea is to move them away before... or sell them after if they can't get back up :-)

With regards to local multi-player, that will mean no more cross-platform games and 100% custom solutions per platform.

Sorry, that's not going to happen.

You can play games against your housemates now, it just will go via the game server. performance wise, it should be super quick - I play local games that way here, and you can't get any further away from the game servers than Australia - 500+ ping times and games are rock solid!

The next update will include password protected games so you can host private games!

Cheers :-)
  #59  
Old 03-30-2012, 01:48 PM
robiow robiow is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 319
Default

I don't like this, I was expecting it to have more TD elements. I hate that the flamethrower guys seem so slow at firing at people too, to the point of frustration
  #60  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:17 PM
seon seon is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robiow View Post
I don't like this, I was expecting it to have more TD elements. I hate that the flamethrower guys seem so slow at firing at people too, to the point of frustration
Hi Robio,

Thanks for your feedback. I am not sure what you mean about "more TD elements". The only thing missing really is upgradable units, which really doesn't fit this game. Upgrades really only work IMHO for towers where once you buy them, they are stuck and the only way to get value out of it is to upgrade to make it more useful.

In cubemen, you move your units around to flank, or throttle enemies.

What other TD elements do you think Cubemen is missing? I am always open to hearing what users think and seeing if the ideas can be incorporated into an update.

Also, the flame thrower guy is a pretty powerful unit and has a mid range cool down time, but more importantly, he is better designed for shooting down a path, not following a target as they move past, so it's about positioning them well to get maximum firing opportunities.

In ont of the next updates, I will introduce a visual cue for the firing cool down time for each unit so you can see what they are doing.

Cheers :-)

Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent