Support our Sponsors:

Old 03-30-2012, 12:44 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Will you support the ipad's retina display at launch?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:59 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by relyes View Post
Hey everyone, I'm Brett from Kerosene Games (publishing Bladeslinger).

First, I wanted to say sorry for the delay of the game's launch (was originally supposed to be Q4 last year). Much of that is my fault. I really encouraged Luma Arcade (the developer) to make the game bigger and longer (which they already wanted to do) while trying to balance against the game's already giant development cycle--for a mobile game--complex combat and level systems, and of course, just wanting to get it out in your hands.

On top of the game's scope and complexity, Luma Arcade has been doing some things with Unity that have never been tried before (e.g. dynamic shadows on *everything* is really really hard to do on mobile...Infinity Blade 2 doesn't do this). There are special custom shaders and all sorts of super cutting edge stuff, built specifically to get maximum performance out of the latest gen devices.

This game is NOT on rails like Infinity Blade and Dark Meadow. There's actually a really nice, elegant control system for moving the hero character, William, through the levels and performing attacks. It took a LONG time to nail this stuff as it's new territory in control scheme design, but it's really come together. I'm really excited about it

Launch plans are always a squishy thing with games, and we're not going to ship this until we're SURE it's great, but it's feeling very close now. I think we're probably looking at May for the App Store, Android (with some special Tegra 3 stuff) very soon after that... hopefully sooner than later!

Thanks for all your interest in the game and support for Luma Arcade. They're an incredibly talented developer and you guys are going to be amazed how far the game has come since the preview last Fall. If you'd like to keep up with our progress, pelase follow @LumaArcade and @KeroseneGames.

BTW...device support planned...

For sure:
iOS: iPhone 4S, iPad 2 / 3
Android: Tegra 3 and roughly anything Galaxy S II class & above

Hopefully as well:
iOS: iPhone 4, iPad 1
Android: Tegra 2
What about the iPod Touch 4? Is that in the hopefully supported list as well?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
What about the iPod Touch 4? Is that in the hopefully supported list as well?
if iPad 1 is supported then I don't see why iPod touch wouldn't be.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:08 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
if iPad 1 is supported then I don't see why iPod touch wouldn't be.
Well the iPod Touch combines the slower (underclocked) processor of the iPhone 4 with the lower ammount of ram of the iPad... (800 MHz and 256mb)
Old 03-30-2012, 03:00 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by relyes View Post
Hey everyone, I'm Brett from Kerosene Games (publishing Bladeslinger).

First, I wanted to say sorry for the delay of the game's launch (was originally supposed to be Q4 last year). Much of that is my fault. I really encouraged Luma Arcade (the developer) to make the game bigger and longer (which they already wanted to do) while trying to balance against the game's already giant development cycle--for a mobile game--complex combat and level systems, and of course, just wanting to get it out in your hands.

On top of the game's scope and complexity, Luma Arcade has been doing some things with Unity that have never been tried before (e.g. dynamic shadows on *everything* is really really hard to do on mobile...Infinity Blade 2 doesn't do this). There are special custom shaders and all sorts of super cutting edge stuff, built specifically to get maximum performance out of the latest gen devices.

This game is NOT on rails like Infinity Blade and Dark Meadow. There's actually a really nice, elegant control system for moving the hero character, William, through the levels and performing attacks. It took a LONG time to nail this stuff as it's new territory in control scheme design, but it's really come together. I'm really excited about it

Launch plans are always a squishy thing with games, and we're not going to ship this until we're SURE it's great, but it's feeling very close now. I think we're probably looking at May for the App Store, Android (with some special Tegra 3 stuff) very soon after that... hopefully sooner than later!

Thanks for all your interest in the game and support for Luma Arcade. They're an incredibly talented developer and you guys are going to be amazed how far the game has come since the preview last Fall. If you'd like to keep up with our progress, pelase follow @LumaArcade and @KeroseneGames.

BTW...device support planned...

For sure:
iOS: iPhone 4S, iPad 2 / 3
Android: Tegra 3 and roughly anything Galaxy S II class & above

Hopefully as well:
iOS: iPhone 4, iPad 1
Android: Tegra 2
Glad to hear, it is not on rails
Old 03-31-2012, 02:08 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

It sounds like the Android Tegra 3 version will have better graphics going by what this guy said. I was under the impression that the iPad 3 could do better graphics then the Tegra 3 stuff. Another game this happened with was Shadowgun which has improved effects on Tegra 3 over the iOS versions. That's a bit disappointing.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:07 AM

@killercow Yes, we'll support a higher resolution target for iPad 3. We probably won't be rendering at full native resolution, but at roughly 2X the pixels of an iPad 2, to take advantage of the roughly 2X GPU overhead.

@Der-Kleine Yeah, the low RAM is kind of a deal killer. Never say never, but I think iPod Touch is a long shot.

@Kschreck Tegra 3 will offer an optionally different experience, demonstrating some cool stuff we were able to do working closely with Nvidia on the quad-core architecture, but apples-to-apples (no pun intended), it's a really close race graphically between the two platforms. The Bladeslinger looks absolutely *unbelievable* on iPad 3 though. It's stunning...
Old 05-13-2012, 02:54 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Any news about Bladeslinger?
Old 05-13-2012, 05:19 AM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Well the iPod Touch combines the slower (underclocked) processor of the iPhone 4 with the lower ammount of ram of the iPad... (800 MHz and 256mb)
The iPad 1 actually has the same amount of RAM as the iPod Touch 4 (256 MB), combine this with the fact that the iPad 1 also has 172, 032 more pixels than the iPod Touch 4, and you see why the iPad 1 performs so badly with current gen games. From what I've read, the iPod Touch 4 is a slightly more capable device than the iPad 1 in terms of performance.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdeto View Post
Any news about Bladeslinger?
Hey guys, thanks for the note and continued excitement about the game. It's coming GREAT! Builds getting slicker and more fun every week. Unfortunately, we're not going to make it out in May though. Even June is going to be a stretch, if we make it. There's just WAY too much left to do. But, definitely seeing light at the end of the tunnel

Follow our Twitter (@KeroseneGames and @LumaArcade) for updates. We'll be sharing some cool stuff over the next few weeks.