Support our Sponsors:
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 03-30-2012, 12:44 PM
killercow's Avatar
killercow killercow is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,118
Default

Will you support the ipad's retina display at launch?
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Der-Kleine Der-Kleine is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->
Posts: 5,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by relyes View Post
Hey everyone, I'm Brett from Kerosene Games (publishing Bladeslinger).

First, I wanted to say sorry for the delay of the game's launch (was originally supposed to be Q4 last year). Much of that is my fault. I really encouraged Luma Arcade (the developer) to make the game bigger and longer (which they already wanted to do) while trying to balance against the game's already giant development cycle--for a mobile game--complex combat and level systems, and of course, just wanting to get it out in your hands.

On top of the game's scope and complexity, Luma Arcade has been doing some things with Unity that have never been tried before (e.g. dynamic shadows on *everything* is really really hard to do on mobile...Infinity Blade 2 doesn't do this). There are special custom shaders and all sorts of super cutting edge stuff, built specifically to get maximum performance out of the latest gen devices.

This game is NOT on rails like Infinity Blade and Dark Meadow. There's actually a really nice, elegant control system for moving the hero character, William, through the levels and performing attacks. It took a LONG time to nail this stuff as it's new territory in control scheme design, but it's really come together. I'm really excited about it

Launch plans are always a squishy thing with games, and we're not going to ship this until we're SURE it's great, but it's feeling very close now. I think we're probably looking at May for the App Store, Android (with some special Tegra 3 stuff) very soon after that... hopefully sooner than later!

Thanks for all your interest in the game and support for Luma Arcade. They're an incredibly talented developer and you guys are going to be amazed how far the game has come since the preview last Fall. If you'd like to keep up with our progress, pelase follow @LumaArcade and @KeroseneGames.

BTW...device support planned...

For sure:
iOS: iPhone 4S, iPad 2 / 3
Android: Tegra 3 and roughly anything Galaxy S II class & above

Hopefully as well:
iOS: iPhone 4, iPad 1
Android: Tegra 2
What about the iPod Touch 4? Is that in the hopefully supported list as well?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-30-2012, 01:29 PM
JoshCM's Avatar
JoshCM JoshCM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,500
Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
What about the iPod Touch 4? Is that in the hopefully supported list as well?
if iPad 1 is supported then I don't see why iPod touch wouldn't be.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Der-Kleine Der-Kleine is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->
Posts: 5,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
if iPad 1 is supported then I don't see why iPod touch wouldn't be.
Well the iPod Touch combines the slower (underclocked) processor of the iPhone 4 with the lower ammount of ram of the iPad... (800 MHz and 256mb)
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Wediafom24 Wediafom24 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Asmara, Eritrea
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by relyes View Post
Hey everyone, I'm Brett from Kerosene Games (publishing Bladeslinger).

First, I wanted to say sorry for the delay of the game's launch (was originally supposed to be Q4 last year). Much of that is my fault. I really encouraged Luma Arcade (the developer) to make the game bigger and longer (which they already wanted to do) while trying to balance against the game's already giant development cycle--for a mobile game--complex combat and level systems, and of course, just wanting to get it out in your hands.

On top of the game's scope and complexity, Luma Arcade has been doing some things with Unity that have never been tried before (e.g. dynamic shadows on *everything* is really really hard to do on mobile...Infinity Blade 2 doesn't do this). There are special custom shaders and all sorts of super cutting edge stuff, built specifically to get maximum performance out of the latest gen devices.

This game is NOT on rails like Infinity Blade and Dark Meadow. There's actually a really nice, elegant control system for moving the hero character, William, through the levels and performing attacks. It took a LONG time to nail this stuff as it's new territory in control scheme design, but it's really come together. I'm really excited about it

Launch plans are always a squishy thing with games, and we're not going to ship this until we're SURE it's great, but it's feeling very close now. I think we're probably looking at May for the App Store, Android (with some special Tegra 3 stuff) very soon after that... hopefully sooner than later!

Thanks for all your interest in the game and support for Luma Arcade. They're an incredibly talented developer and you guys are going to be amazed how far the game has come since the preview last Fall. If you'd like to keep up with our progress, pelase follow @LumaArcade and @KeroseneGames.

BTW...device support planned...

For sure:
iOS: iPhone 4S, iPad 2 / 3
Android: Tegra 3 and roughly anything Galaxy S II class & above

Hopefully as well:
iOS: iPhone 4, iPad 1
Android: Tegra 2
Glad to hear, it is not on rails
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-31-2012, 02:08 AM
Kschreck Kschreck is offline
Junior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 18
Default

It sounds like the Android Tegra 3 version will have better graphics going by what this guy said. I was under the impression that the iPad 3 could do better graphics then the Tegra 3 stuff. Another game this happened with was Shadowgun which has improved effects on Tegra 3 over the iOS versions. That's a bit disappointing.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-31-2012, 04:07 AM
relyes relyes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 169
Default

@killercow Yes, we'll support a higher resolution target for iPad 3. We probably won't be rendering at full native resolution, but at roughly 2X the pixels of an iPad 2, to take advantage of the roughly 2X GPU overhead.

@Der-Kleine Yeah, the low RAM is kind of a deal killer. Never say never, but I think iPod Touch is a long shot.

@Kschreck Tegra 3 will offer an optionally different experience, demonstrating some cool stuff we were able to do working closely with Nvidia on the quad-core architecture, but apples-to-apples (no pun intended), it's a really close race graphically between the two platforms. The Bladeslinger looks absolutely *unbelievable* on iPad 3 though. It's stunning...
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-13-2012, 02:54 AM
valdeto valdeto is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 142
Default

Any news about Bladeslinger?
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-13-2012, 05:19 AM
LBG LBG is offline
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: +50° 48' 49.35", -2° 28' 28.71"
Posts: 7,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Well the iPod Touch combines the slower (underclocked) processor of the iPhone 4 with the lower ammount of ram of the iPad... (800 MHz and 256mb)
The iPad 1 actually has the same amount of RAM as the iPod Touch 4 (256 MB), combine this with the fact that the iPad 1 also has 172, 032 more pixels than the iPod Touch 4, and you see why the iPad 1 performs so badly with current gen games. From what I've read, the iPod Touch 4 is a slightly more capable device than the iPad 1 in terms of performance.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-13-2012, 01:55 PM
relyes relyes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdeto View Post
Any news about Bladeslinger?
Hey guys, thanks for the note and continued excitement about the game. It's coming GREAT! Builds getting slicker and more fun every week. Unfortunately, we're not going to make it out in May though. Even June is going to be a stretch, if we make it. There's just WAY too much left to do. But, definitely seeing light at the end of the tunnel

Follow our Twitter (@KeroseneGames and @LumaArcade) for updates. We'll be sharing some cool stuff over the next few weeks.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent