★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

2D artist looking for Paid work

03-30-2012, 12:57 PM
2D artist looking for Paid work

Hello,

I am looking for PAID work for iOS games as a 2D game artist. I have no professional experience but i would like to turn that around.

To give you an example i took this game:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/slice-master/id455609424?mt=8

And made this initial concept in 2 weeks:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8542183/Art/Concept_1.png

And also some old work from a few years ago:
http://mcjaws.deviantart.com/gallery/32197676

I've been drawing all my life. It's a passion of mine which i have steered away due to other opportunities. So what you will get, if you are interested in hiring me, is a reasonable fixed price based on a list of assets you need, someone that you can rely on and that wants to please you and make your game beautiful.

Preferences:

- I do want to keep to smaller games, anything too large i can't commit too yet
- I prefer working on a game that is already released (looking into redesigning it?)
- Prefer working from a prototype build so i can get a sense of the gameplay.

My experience in animation is zero but i would have an interest in it. So if you deadline is flexible we can work something out. If not, i can point to you some good animators.

Interested? PM me

Thanks!

Mountyboy
03-30-2012, 01:39 PM
your concept looks good but you might want to tweak the colors a bit to get more edge contrast between foreground elements and background elements..

i also find it good that you took something ugly from the store and showed how much better it could look

good luck on finding a project
03-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
your concept looks good but you might want to tweak the colors a bit to get more edge contrast between foreground elements and background elements..

i also find it good that you took something ugly from the store and showed how much better it could look

good luck on finding a project
Thanks! And yes i agree with the contrast. That can be played around to get the right balance with a few iterations
03-30-2012, 05:04 PM
maybe you can be proactive and try to scan the upcoming sections for interesting projects with awfull art and offer them your services?

Last edited by mr.Ugly; 03-30-2012 at 06:14 PM.
03-31-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
maybe you can be proactive and try to scan the upcoming sections for interesting projects with awfull art and offer them your services?
I know what you mean and i have been keeping an eye from time to time on the upcoming and released games forums. That's how i stumbled on the game i made the revamp example above.

It can be tricky to approach a developer/team/company when they are close to finishing/releasing their game but if i see something that i'm sure i can bring a positive upgrade i'll be sure to drop a word. If not, this is why i'm posting here for any who wants to hire my services.

Best,