Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-21-2012, 08:24 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Snagged AWLE33NRW49H... thanks so much!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:58 PM
iPad, iOS 6.x

DEAD END IS FREE FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS!!!!

As a developer, I want people to play my game, and for the effort I put into it, 1 download a day is a bummer on all fronts. Sooooo, it's free through Sunday!

Try it out, maybe enjoy it, maybe try and beat some scores, maybe tell your friends!

LINK: http://bit.ly/q5tXan

Cheers!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:29 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This is honestly criminally unnoticed and underrated. I picked it up (for free) last night at around 4 a.m. (which just so happens to be when I got Curio when it was free), and this is just striking so many of the right chords for me. Maybe everything is destined to be great at 4 a.m. with me, but this is really, really great.

A couple of months ago, I would have been complaining that there's not much to it, but after ZiGGURAT somehow magically won me over after initially deleting it, I started appreciating some of the simpler, yet quality games (that, this, Jaywalk/Hit the Banker to name a few) on the App Store. I must say that I consider this a hidden gem on the App Store and one that severly needs more love on TA.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:43 PM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Wow, thanks so much, MC. I strove to make a game that had depth via simple interaction. I really wanted to make something that a bored person holding an iPhone on the bus could get into. It perhaps doesn't have the depth of content that people expect or enough mission structure or anything, but I do really appreciate the compliment. I just want to create a mechanic that's satisfying.

I'm moving on to the next game at this point (and contracting so I can support myself). I may get back and work on a universal update and more content later, but for now, onwards to uncharted territories!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:11 PM

This game is superb. It's casual yet addicting gameplay is the perfect cure for that short burst of boredom. Thanks for making the game free.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:54 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyo View Post
...I just want to create a mechanic that's satisfying....
You're welcome. As far as the mechanic goes, yeah...that's precisely what I'm talking about. Dead End and the games I mentioned above (as well as Ace Rider...another superb game) all share one thing in common and that's that they provide an incredibly solid gameplay mechanic that really isn't common on the App Store. Despite how simple the games may seem, the beauty of them lies in mastering the controls and having a quick, really fun time with them.

I'll definitely be on the lookout for more titles from yourself in the future and if Dead End does get even more fleshed out, I can't wait to see what the future holds for it.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:59 PM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Thanks all! I'm glad it's striking those chords with you.

@redribbon: Sorry, but I don't plan on implementing twin-stick controls because my control scheme is the majority of what makes my game unique. It's a tough scheme, but the more you play, the more it becomes second nature. And you should check out the one-button mode in controls (Medium or Hard) and see if that feels any easier. Some players prefer the truly 1-button control. Thanks for playing and enjoying it!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:00 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Amazing game, I hope you would add universal support sometime!
Old 08-03-2012, 02:13 AM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Hi TAers!

I'm excited to say that Dead End will soon be universal! The lack of Universal support is the one serious thing lacking from the game, so I'm stoked to be far along in the process. Full universal support too, not just black borders or anything, I've extended the level art, and it will all be retina ipad supported.

Content-wise: I'm adding a new level, maybe a new weapon, and an Insane mode for this already tough game. (For those of you who have played Dead End, you have no health in Insane mode, one hit and you're done.)

IAP: I'm thinking of trying out IAP to let impatient players unlock harder levels and weapons early. As I've said before, unlocking IAP in Dead End is actually sort of a bad idea, because the additional levels and weapons are more advanced and just make the game harder.

Below is a taste of the new swamp level I began building today, in honor of my other game that was released a month ago (Total Toadz).

I'm thrilled to make Dead End universal, and I hope you guys will enjoy it!

Cheers everyone!

Old 08-03-2012, 02:22 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Man, the love and support you have shown for this game is phenomenal. Great job!

I re-downloaded Dead End recently and it's just as fun now as it was way back when.