Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-01-2012, 11:56 AM

there was an update on the 24th - has it improved anything ?

It says improved sensability on the controls, any one got an opinion about it ?
Thanks (still interested in it, but could do without the bugs,problems that others were having )
Old 03-01-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
there was an update on the 24th - has it improved anything ?

It says improved sensability on the controls, any one got an opinion about it ?
Thanks (still interested in it, but could do without the bugs,problems that others were having )
positive! much better touch sensitivity now (playing on ipad). great game. just played it through. now on hard for a second run ._.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:05 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Guess I'll be reinstalling this now. I found it just too aggrevating to play with so many better, more iOS friendly TBS games available. Honestly, thought I had just thrown $5 away.

Hopefully, it'll stay on my device this time.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:59 PM

k thanks - might pick this up now then
Old 03-01-2012, 04:53 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Wow. The touch controls are MUCH better. May actually enjoy this game now!
Old 03-03-2012, 06:25 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Been playing this one on my iPad... And DAMNIT I'm loving it!

I won't pretend I'm great at strategy games... A lot of times it'll take me a replay to get through some levels... But I'm totally hooked. I started yesterday, then restarted today because I didn't go through basic training and missed out on some things (healing by the heal tables, putting masks on in gas...) and just now reached the lower part of the first church... But... Totally immersed. Love the feel, environments, graphics, animations... Gameplay... Hehe... And the story... So far, I know I'm just at the beginning, but can't wait to play more. =oD
Old 03-18-2012, 02:25 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Been playing this quite a bit - am now in the deserted town after the crypt. I'm just starting to see stuff that reminds me of Lovecraft's creatures. Before it was just cultists and undead, which really doesn't separate it from other games. I was really hoping for more downright creepiness. I think one thing that's really missing that would greatly improve that aspect is audio - right now there are only weapon fx and a few creature sounds with the occasional foreboding tone. There needs to be environmental sounds, just random weird sounds, and music! The only music is in the menu!

Another thing that could really help is lighting and visual fx - other than some standard shadows, everything's evenly lit and there's no visual sense of foreboding. Yeah it's a war torn battlefield, but nothing separates it from any other war game. Lightning flashes, rain, really dark areas that could hide who knows what, etc. - these could all help. Maybe these come later, but I think some should be at the beginning too to better set the mood.

The game is a good TBS as is, but it's really missing these little touches to make it outstanding.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:37 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

This or hunters 2?
Old 03-31-2012, 05:47 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Just finished the game today, and my opinion pretty much stands. The game as a TBS is good, but as a Cthulhu mythos title, it's really lacking. Part of the problem I think is it's hard to make a TBS feel suspenseful, dreadful, mysterious, etc. It could possibly be done, but a LOT of effort needs to go into lighting, camera work, and sound, and this game is severely lacking in all of those respects. The other problem is that much of the Cthulhu mythos is based on what you CAN'T see and instead what the character reads, talks about, hears, and dreams, and unfortunately much of that is difficult to convey in a title like this. I think an adventure game would be much better suited.

In any case, I enjoyed playing it for its mechanics and a bit of the lore, but I would say if you're a huge fan of the mythos, you're not going to be completely satisfied with this game.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:56 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Call of Cthulhu was one of my 2 favorite (real) RPGs when I was young (the other being Runequest), so I had to grab this while on sale. But I have never been able to enjoy a strategy RPG before, so probably this was a waste of money. LOL. I'll find out soon enough. Hopefully this will be the one I end up liking.

(I posted this in a deal thread - meant to post it here, so apologies if you already saw this )