Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-29-2012, 11:11 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard View Post
Is there a short tutorial for getting started with this game? I bought it but am having trouble learning how to play.
Thanks a lot,
Where are you getting hung up? I'll keep an eye on the thread and answer what I can. I'm at work, so there might be some delays.

Last edited by athros; 03-29-2012 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: Punctuation saves lives
Old 03-29-2012, 01:58 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

The tutorial is at the beggining, you can't skip it. Re-start the game.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:06 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youtopia View Post
The tutorial is at the beggining, you can't skip it. Re-start the game.
He might be getting hung up on the tutorial. It has certainly happened up thread.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:12 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhelix View Post
We raised it up to $9.99 when we found out the shader bug afflicted new iPads. We didn't want unhappy customers, so the thinking was this would force potential buyers to be more serious and read the app description carefully where we stated a work-around. Now that the fix is in, the "normal" price is $6.99 though we may have a sale down to $4.99 on occasion. ...snip... we're also experimenting on the best way to get exposure for the game, etc.
Thanks for the explanation! My husband was thinking about buying this app, but when he researched it he saw all the pricing ups and downs. He didn't bother purchasing, saying that in his experience with other apps, frequent price changes were often a sign of a game about to go freemium, something he hates. I emailed your explanation to him, and he's feeling a lot better about making a purchase.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athros View Post
He might be getting hung up on the tutorial. It has certainly happened up thread.
Thanks guys. I will restart the game and try again. I must have messed up the first time.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard View Post
Is there a short tutorial for getting started with this game? I bought it but am having trouble learning how to play.
Thanks a lot,
I was confused too initially but the post below helped a lot. It was the basics that I was hung up on. Probably because it was hard to pay 100% attention to the tutorial with kids around .

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...&postcount=268
Old 04-01-2012, 10:07 AM
iPhone 5s

Default Sorry if this is answered in the tutorial...

... but I've been away for the game for some time while waiting for updates to fix some of the problems. Thanks to the Devs for their ongoing efforts! Anyway, is there a way to un-target targets once you've selected and targeted them? I can't seem to figure out a way to turn off targeting.

Thanks much!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:37 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
... but I've been away for the game for some time while waiting for updates to fix some of the problems. Thanks to the Devs for their ongoing efforts! Anyway, is there a way to un-target targets once you've selected and targeted them? I can't seem to figure out a way to turn off targeting.

Thanks much!
Not sure what you're trying to do here...

If you want your weapons to stop shooting, just touch the spinning modules again. (Then pick a new target, lock if necessary, and activate the module again.)

If you want to change to a new target, remember to stop the modules first if it is active by touching the spinning module. Then use the bottom right select-target icon to pick a new target. It will cycle through the targets in the Contacts. Or you can touch the ship icon on the Contacts to pick it directly. Then hit the lock button to start locking it. Once the lock icon changes from yellow to red, it means that the target is locked.

Remember that your weapons will shoot at the current target when you engage that weapon. The current target is identified by the outline over the ship icon in the Contacts.

Note that you can lock a ship even if it is not selected. Just touch the green lock icon next to that ship.

So short-hand:

to use a module: select a target, lock if necessary, tap module to start (it spins)
to stop using a module: tap the module (it stops spinning)
to change targets: tap the ship icon directly or use the change-selection at the bottom right. Note that changing target selection does not affect modules that are already active.
to lock any ship: tap the green lock icon next to the ship icon
to lock the currently selected ship: tap the big lock icon at the bottom right
Old 04-02-2012, 12:51 PM
iPhone 5s

Thanks for the reply, I guess I was trying to unlock a target. It makes little sense to me to not be able to unlock a target?
Old 04-02-2012, 07:51 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
Thanks for the reply, I guess I was trying to unlock a target. It makes little sense to me to not be able to unlock a target?
Most combat ships have a healthy number of locks. There is no way to unlock at the moment short of docking or warping away (or getting ECM jammed by an enemy). We considered adding a way to unlock by tapping the lock icon(s) on an already locked ship, but have not had any requests for it except yours. Typically, I lock only enemies and some allies if I have a remote repair module.

We've also considered adding a skill that adds more locks to any ship. Do you find yourself running out of locks a lot? What ship are you flying? What is your current locking strategy?

Some other ideas floating around are auto-locking enemies, or auto-locking those that lock you (but this would include friendlies with remote repair). The problem with these ideas is that you could run out of locks more easily if you don't prioritize your targets.