Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-28-2012, 11:31 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Gameplay impressions

I picked this up based on the price drop and LordGek's favorable impressions and I have to agree that this is really good. The polish and aesthetics are over the top good. The gameplay is enjoyable enough, but the game is too slow for me on Normal level. I am on my first game and I paused after what must be about half an hour of play and on level 14. After I finally get croaked, I will stick to the harder difficulties.

The graphic and music alone make this an easy recommendation. After some more play, I will post an app store review.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:56 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I picked this up based on the price drop and LordGek's favorable impressions and I have to agree that this is really good. The polish and aesthetics are over the top good. The gameplay is enjoyable enough, but the game is too slow for me on Normal level. I am on my first game and I paused after what must be about half an hour of play and on level 14. After I finally get croaked, I will stick to the harder difficulties.

The graphic and music alone make this an easy recommendation. After some more play, I will post an app store review.
Too true, I too noticed the initial difficulty ramp seems pretty gradual, but even on Normal, it eventually gets NASTY.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedskull View Post
An iPhone universal update is currently in the works!
Thank you!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:12 PM

Default Skull smasher universal!

We're happy to announce that the UNIVERSAL UPDATE of Skull Smasher is going to launch this week, on or before this Thursday!!

This major update adds:

- iPhone compatibility: 3rd Gen and above. Full retina iPhone support.

- By popular demand: ramped up difficulty! Difficulty is curved a lot more steeply.

- Nightmare is truly a nightmare!

We'll let you know as soon as it's available!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:21 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Fantastic news! I bought this as soon as you mentioned iPhone support and have endlessly been checking AppShopper and the App Store. Can't ****ing wait!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:27 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedskull View Post
We're happy to announce that the UNIVERSAL UPDATE of Skull Smasher is going to launch this week, on or before this Thursday!!

This major update adds:

- iPhone compatibility: 3rd Gen and above. Full retina iPhone support.

- By popular demand: ramped up difficulty! Difficulty is curved a lot more steeply.

- Nightmare is truly a nightmare!

We'll let you know as soon as it's available!
Thanks! I love this game but, c'mon, with a name like Skull Smasher I want to be AFRAID and not die out of tedium.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:52 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I really hope the game play is more compelling after this update. The game looks and sounds great, but since my first session of playing it, I have not had any urge to come back as it ramped up too slowly and seemed to lack variety. I look forward forward to giving the update a spin.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Thanks! I love this game but, c'mon, with a name like Skull Smasher I want to be AFRAID and not die out of tedium.
Yeah, it's pretty hard now.

Originally, we wanted the game to be playable to (at least) level 10 on Nightmare by a novice, casual player. If you played with strategy, you could get to level 15-18 or so without much problem.

That's absolutely not the case now. I find it difficult to get past level 5 or 6 on Nightmare.

We've focused a lot of energy getting 'Normal' to play really well. Now, new players will get to about level 4 on Normal before they start to break under the pressure.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:54 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Really great concept and I'm really digging the music. Unfortunately I'm slightly colorblind, but it's apparently enough to where the red based colors in the game all look exactly alike.

I don't regret buying the game as I like to support good developers, but it's probably going to go unplayed on my iPad
Old 05-05-2012, 02:21 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerioch View Post
Really great concept and I'm really digging the music. Unfortunately I'm slightly colorblind, but it's apparently enough to where the red based colors in the game all look exactly alike.

I don't regret buying the game as I like to support good developers, but it's probably going to go unplayed on my iPad
I also had difficulty differentiating between the skull types once the action got intense. I liked everything else about the game, but that's why I haven't played much since a week after buying it. And I have no eyesight issues like color blindness afaik.