Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-04-2012, 07:33 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Blast Ball - (by Uncade) - Universal App

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 04-04-2012 at 11:51 PM..
Old 04-04-2012, 07:36 AM

Instant Buy. Expect the usual Feedback
Old 04-04-2012, 07:56 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Got a code to this, haven't had chance to redeem yet, but will do so ASAP
Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Got a code to this, haven't had chance to redeem yet, but will do so ASAP
I also got a code and did redeem it (little known fact, promos for a game seem to work around the world as soon as a game is released, even if not in YOUR AppStore yet)!

This game KICKS ass!

The video really does show you pretty much what to expect, a twisted hybrid of Super Crate Box and some retro Soccer simulation. A ball will randomly appear somewhere in the stadium and your goal is to get it into one of the two goals. To hinder you in this noble goal are nasty space invaders that can instantly kill you with a touch. Lucky for you, balls of all sorts appear to instantly kill them! Evidently they don't even realize this as they'll blithely walk right into the balls! So gameplay consists of scoring as many goals as you can before a baddy finally manage to touch you. You also have a very limited use blast effect that sends out a baddy killing blast when the going gets tough (it would appear this ability, after a while, will regenerate and let you blast again but I'm not sure if it is a matter of time or maybe after scoring x goals). As you've seen in the video, the balls themselves come in a wide variety with their own characteristics (awkwardly bouncing footballs, barely bouncing cannonballs, even giant rubber ducks!). While the game starts off with access to 1 of the 3 stadiums and a few different ball types, you can unlock more ball types and stadiums by fulfilling certain missions and achievements (no IAP nonsense, don't worry). One of the very first balls you unlock is the double edged Blast Ball. This is a bomb with a short fuse which, once it blows, can kill you and baddies with equal ease (score with it quickly or simply stay far away from it).

5/5
Old 04-04-2012, 10:45 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I also got a code and did redeem it (little known fact, promos for a game seem to work around the world as soon as a game is released, even if not in YOUR AppStore yet)!

This game KICKS ass!

The video really does show you pretty much what to expect, a twisted hybrid of Super Crate Box and some retro Soccer simulation. A ball will randomly appear somewhere in the stadium and your goal is to get it into one of the two goals. To hinder you in this noble goal are nasty space invaders that can instantly kill you with a touch. Lucky for you, balls of all sorts appear to instantly kill them! Evidently they don't even realize this as they'll blithely walk right into the balls! So gameplay consists of scoring as many goals as you can before a baddy finally manage to touch you. You also have a very limited use blast effect that sends out a baddy killing blast when the going gets tough (it would appear this ability, after a while, will regenerate and let you blast again but I'm not sure if it is a matter of time or maybe after scoring x goals). As you've seen in the video, the balls themselves come in a wide variety with their own characteristics (awkwardly bouncing footballs, barely bouncing cannonballs, even giant rubber ducks!). While the game starts off with access to 1 of the 3 stadiums and a few different ball types, you can unlock more ball types and stadiums by fulfilling certain missions and achievements (no IAP nonsense, don't worry). One of the very first balls you unlock is the double edged Blast Ball. This is a bomb with a short fuse which, once it blows, can kill you and baddies with equal ease (score with it quickly or simply stay far away from it).

5/5
Love the pun

You regain a bomb slot every 5 goals, and also when you score with a Blast Ball. It's kinda a risk and reward thing. You can unlock more bomb slots through the missions, up to 3. Also, when you score with the Giant Blast Ball, you regain all of your bomb slots.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:26 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Awww man, you guys are lucky to have tried this already. 12 hours to go It really does look like some bizarre, twisted, sport-themed Super Crate Box. Not that SCB isn't bizarre and twisted of course.

Last edited by metalcasket; 04-04-2012 at 11:45 AM..
Old 04-04-2012, 11:49 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I'm in a lil rush so I can't leave as detailed impression as LordGek, but yeah, what a kick ass game! Awesome physics for the balls, tight controls and overall a very nice SCB type game, but quite different! What do you do with the bomb btw?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:11 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
I'm in a lil rush so I can't leave as detailed impression as LordGek, but yeah, what a kick ass game! Awesome physics for the balls, tight controls and overall a very nice SCB type game, but quite different! What do you do with the bomb btw?
The bombs represent a blast around your man that kills all nearby baddies without harming you. Great in a pinch!
Old 04-04-2012, 01:45 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Since I also had the chance to play the game early I'll promote it too
Just like my upper neighbors wrote, this game is really worth checking out!
Once you get into the game and start to unlock new stuff, it's hard to put down!
The controls are tight and responsive (though to be honest I'd prefer bigger virtual buttons but that is perfectly playable as is). The design is fresh and imo very nice (also you'll see that some of the stuff you unlock can have funny effects on the stage ).
The different balls and areas provide enough variety in the game, and - I know some will love this part - the game can get really challenging without being frustrating .

I'm happy I found a new addiction
Old 04-04-2012, 02:43 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxandwane View Post
Since I also had the chance to play the game early I'll promote it too
Just like my upper neighbors wrote, this game is really worth checking out!
Once you get into the game and start to unlock new stuff, it's hard to put down!
The controls are tight and responsive (though to be honest I'd prefer bigger virtual buttons but that is perfectly playable as is). The design is fresh and imo very nice (also you'll see that some of the stuff you unlock can have funny effects on the stage ).
The different balls and areas provide enough variety in the game, and - I know some will love this part - the game can get really challenging without being frustrating .

I'm happy I found a new addiction
Thanks, I'm glad you like it!
As far as the button size goes, are you playing it on the iPad? It might make sense for me to throw in a few control options in an update.