Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-04-2012, 10:24 AM
squarezero squarezero is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdragoon19 View Post
Hey, how much is each episode?
Don't know yet -- I literally just downloaded it with my NZ account and started playing, didn't stop till my train got to the station. I'll try to check at lunchtime.

Whatever it is, it's less than it's worth.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Sanuku Sanuku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,952
Default

I did add a small Spoiler Alert Message so nobody that doesn´t want to spoil the Story might watch the Gameplay Trailer accidentally.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-04-2012, 10:26 AM
MightyRabbitJosh's Avatar
MightyRabbitJosh MightyRabbitJosh is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 363
Default

Hi - Lead Designer and Programmer from Saturday Morning RPG here! Thanks for all the awesome posts so far!

Future episodes of Saturday Morning RPG are still in full development so we didn't want to include a "Full Purchase" option when we couldn't guarantee a certain amount of content. We don't want to rip you guys off!

Episodes are priced at $1.99 each (USD) and there is some other very unobtrusive IAPs in the game (Cereal Box Tops and Cheat Points). Cereal Box Tops let you buy stats or stickers and cheat points let you cheat in battle. Neither of those are necessary for gameplay and we certainly don't force into buying them (most people probably won't even find the cheat menu!).

As we create more episodes we will be offering diminished pricing to people who buy every episode (for instance if you buy the first five episodes we'll offer you the next few for half price, or something similar).

We're also going to put in updates for people who opt to buy nothing like an endless battle survival mode - and hopefully, an open world mode.

Really, we just want as many people as possible to play and enjoy our game.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Sotoro Sotoro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRabbitJosh View Post
Hi - Lead Designer and Programmer from Saturday Morning RPG here! Thanks for all the awesome posts so far!

Future episodes of Saturday Morning RPG are still in full development so we didn't want to include a "Full Purchase" option when we couldn't guarantee a certain amount of content. We don't want to rip you guys off!

Episodes are priced at $1.99 each (USD) and there is some other very unobtrusive IAPs in the game (Cereal Box Tops and Cheat Points). Cereal Box Tops let you buy stats or stickers and cheat points let you cheat in battle. Neither of those are necessary for gameplay and we certainly don't force into buying them (most people probably won't even find the cheat menu!).

As we create more episodes we will be offering diminished pricing to people who buy every episode (for instance if you buy the first five episodes we'll offer you the next few for half price, or something similar).

We're also going to put in updates for people who opt to buy nothing like an endless battle survival mode - and hopefully, an open world mode.

Really, we just want as many people as possible to play and enjoy our game.
Great news so far and a really acceptable IAPs model. Will download this one as soon as possible
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-04-2012, 10:45 AM
MightyRabbitJosh's Avatar
MightyRabbitJosh MightyRabbitJosh is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I did add a small Spoiler Alert Message so nobody that doesn´t want to spoil the Story might watch the Gameplay Trailer accidentally.
Thanks for the video Sanuku! Also, thanks for suggesting that we might actually achieve game of the week (or game of the month if we're lucky)! That would amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Sanuku Sanuku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRabbitJosh View Post
Thanks for the video Sanuku! Also, thanks for suggesting that we might actually achieve game of the week (or game of the month if we're lucky)! That would amazing.
You are Welcome! I hope you are fine with adding that iAP Message from you right on Top of the Thread so everyone knows straight from the Start how the Game will be funded in the upcoming future...
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-04-2012, 11:21 AM
MightyRabbitJosh's Avatar
MightyRabbitJosh MightyRabbitJosh is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
You are Welcome! I hope you are fine with adding that iAP Message from you right on Top of the Thread so everyone knows straight from the Start how the Game will be funded in the upcoming future...
Absolutely, it's better than making people search through the thread to find answers.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Ghostz Ghostz is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Through the rain.
Posts: 480
Default

Can't wait to play this! Tried to watch Sanuku's vids, but I could bring myself past the start screen :0
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Robotwars Robotwars is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 281
Default

•••Spoiler:  Fred fn Savage.... Incredible. This looks surreal. I hope Christian Slater makes an appearance somewhere preferably riding a skateboard or pumping up the volume.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-04-2012, 11:40 AM
MightyRabbitJosh's Avatar
MightyRabbitJosh MightyRabbitJosh is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 363
Default

I'll be throwing out promo codes for advance downloads all day through our twitter account.

We're @TheMightyRabbit

Follow us for a chance to snag an early release code.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent