App description: "One of the most compelling games for the iPad." MacWorld Magazine, December 2013

== THE MASSIVE SEQUEL TO THE STRATEGY BOARD GAME OF THE YEAR ===
*** Games Magazine - Game of the Year !!! ***
*** Pocket Gamer Awards - Best iPad Strategy/Simulation Game of the year! ***
*** The first big Euro board game of the iPad era. Fans are in for a really wonderful ride *** TUAW.com

Based on the phenomenally successful Small World fantasy board game with over 500,000 copies sold! Take control of insanely fun fantasy race & special power combos, such as Berserk Halflings, Triton Merchants, Alchemist Ratmen and Dragon-master Amazons, to grab all the land you can in a world that is just too small to share with your opponents!

A host of new features await you in this colossal update:
New 3, 4 and 5 player maps to conquer, in glorious full retina mode!
Play Online games in real-time or turn-by-turn, with friends & strangers from the world over; and Local games over Bluetooth or Wifi
Play Solo against up to 4 built-in AI; Passn Play with up to 5 live opponents on a single iPad
20 new races & special powers to master through in-app purchases of Cursed!, Grand Dames and brand new to digital Be Not Afraid
Online, Solo & Face to Face scores with daily, weekly and forever rankings
Comprehensive Small World Encyclopedia detailing all rules, races, special powers, icons & more!
Extensive Game Center, Facebook and Days of Wonder Online Buddies integration
Brand new musical score, sound effects, graphics and animations
Video Tutorial by Master Glandulf himself

Discover what reviewers have been raving about:

*** The art is top notch, the gameplay is really fun. Perfect for a quick head to head! *** Games Uncovered

MAJOR KUDOS TO THE 7,042 KICKSTARTER BACKERS WHO HELPED US MAKE SMALL WORLD 2 COME TO LIFE!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

HD Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
What's New in v1.1

*** NEW FEATURES ***
- The famed Cursed! and Grand Dames expansions are now available as in-game expansions. The 5 new Races and 7 new Special Powers they introduce make Small World's combos more fun and unique than ever!
- a new in-game player lets you play the song of your choice from your music library while crushing your opponent
- A new leaderboard feature captures your high scores for posterity in the Champions page.
- The Amazons player can now choose which regions to abandon in order to keep 4 tokens in reserve.

*** BUG FIXES ***
- Dragon Master :the Dragon token sometimes failed to appear when Dragon Master Power was picked. FIXED.
- AI System : The bot now temporarily stops playing when you check your combos Info out

*** AI IMPROVEMENTS ***
- Seafaring Halflings do not plave their holes-in-the-ground in seas and lake regions anymore.
- Giants are now more likely to conquer Mountain regions when it makes sense

Quote:
What's New in v1.0

** NEW FEATURES ***
- Solo Mode : play alone against your iPad !
- Select the player who plays first : player 1, player 2 or random pick.
- Amazons : The regions they vacate at the end of turn are still picked automatically, but they now leave the less valuable ones first.

*** BUG FIXES ***
- Crashing bugs.
- Flying/Underworld/Seafarings Ghoul cannot use their power anymore in decline.
- Converting a region by a Pillaging Sorcerer now gives one extra VP.
- Flying Sorcerer can now use their power for their first conquest.
- Dragon Master: cannot attack a region anymore with Dragon but no race token.
04-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldat7 View Post
Each app Days of Wonder has put out has been a dud. Each one is a big fail in its own special way. It's sad really. These could be so much more...the lack of vision and support kills them.
Why is the Ticket to Ride app a 'big fail'?
04-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron331 View Post
Why is the Ticket to Ride app a 'big fail'?
It's not. That was a troll comment if I've ever seen one.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

04-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
It's not. That was a troll comment if I've ever seen one.
I know, I just figured I would give him a chance lol...
04-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Can you play more than 2 humans in hot seat or pass and play fashion? Or is that limited to 2 players as well? If it works with multiple players this could be a good choice for a long train ride.

EDIT: Never mind. I see in the OP that it's 2 players only. Weird.

Last edited by crunc; 04-05-2012 at 12:00 PM.
12-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Any chance the developer will patch in 4 player play?

I saw Will Wheaton's Tabletop show's playthru of Small World and it looked like a blast to play.
12-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Sadly, I doubt it. I don't think it sold well, and with how popular Ticket to Ride is, trees no logic to focus back on this relative flop, sadly. Damn great game, and I love the Tabletop series. I picked up Elder Scrolls after watching them play.
12-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Quite some time ago, DoW posted on their forums that they were still developing for this app. I would love to see an online asynch multiplayer option.
12-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Maybe the increased interest sparked by Tabletop caused that. I had bought Small World a long time ago, but had not figured out how to play it. That video did the trick and now I am playing it quite often and wondering if the two IAPs bring anything substantial to the table.
12-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Maybe the increased interest sparked by Tabletop caused that. I had bought Small World a long time ago, but had not figured out how to play it. That video did the trick and now I am playing it quite often and wondering if the two IAPs bring anything substantial to the table.
Sure, more of everything (more races and unique perks simply mean even more possible variations each time you play)! Whether they're worth the price or which one is better, I can't recall off hand

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Got all excited when I saw the thread get bumped!

I love this app when I have a friend over but if you have a few coming over I HIGHLY recommend buying the actual boardgame! Same with Ticket to Ride!

Me and my friends try to boardgame at least once a week and lemme tell you the iOS versions are fantastic ways to learn the rules and find out if you like the game but nothing beats sitting down with some friends and playing the real thing!

Flangle Flangle Flangle Play No More!