iOOTP Baseball 2012 [Univeral App]
iOOTP Baseball 2012: The Best Baseball Game — In Your Pocket Again!
Just in time for many major league teams’ Opening Days, iOOTP Baseball 2012 is now available at the App Store! This is the latest edition of the iOS version of our best-selling, critically-acclaimed baseball simulation game, Out of the Park Baseball. Driven by the same sim engine at the heart of OOTP 13, iOOTP lets you take control of a major league baseball team and call the shots as you guide it to glory.
Touch Arcade said of last year’s version: "With a great menu system driving the entire game, excellent AI, and the ability to micro-manage almost everything you could dream of in a sports game, it's hard to want anything else of a mobile baseball management sim."
Available now for just $4.99 for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, iOOTP Baseball 2012 offers these exciting new features:
• Complete 2012 major league rosters with real players and teams. Will Yu Darwish dominate? When will Bryce Harper debut? Can Texas earn a third straight championship berth and avoid heartbreak this time? How will Miami fare in its brand new ballpark? Find out!
• Detailed player histories, along with real schedules in historical seasons. You’ll also find more leader boards during the season.
• The option to use pitch-by-pitch mode, rather than at-bat mode, with the ability to switch between the two during a game. Now you can use at-bat mode during the early innings and switch to pitch-by-pitch when the game is on the line and strategic decisions are crucial.
• Enhanced AI, along with an improved user interface. Like last year’s version, the iPad HD version is included free!
• The ability to modify league rules (whether or not to use the DH, the option to disable finances) and edit league, sub-league, and division names.
• One new fictional setup, along with the ability to choose any year to start your fictional league, complete with stats and finances from that era.
• Easier file transfer via iTunes Share.
iOOTP Baseball 2012 features:
• Three game modes: Major Leagues, which lets you guide your favorite major league team through the 2011 season and beyond; Fictional, which serves up a fresh world full of fictional players, providing a unique challenge each time; and Historical, which offers three exciting past seasons to recreate: 1924, 1969, and 2004. You can purchase more historical seasons through in-app purchases.
• The ability to set lineups, pitching rotations, and depth charts as well as make in-game calls, including when to issue hit-and-run and steal signs, how to configure the defense, when to pull pitchers and put in pinch-hitters, and more. You can also let the computer handle those decisions and set a series of sliders that dictate overall strategies, such as aggressiveness on the base paths, how often to pitch around batters, and more. Simulate your season a day or a week at a time, jumping back in to manage games whenever you want.
• Minor league prospects who you promote to the big leagues and nurture through the early days of their careers. iOOTP also features the annual minor league draft, ensuring you a steady stream of new players as you sim multiple seasons of baseball history. Watch players get drafted, begin their careers, and eventually earn a coveted spot in the Hall of Fame.
• A play-by-play text stream that describes what's happening on the field during the game, making it feel like a radio broadcast.
• An in-depth financial system that allows you to unleash your inner GM. Are you a "Moneyball" disciple, looking for undervalued players who help the team win while keeping payroll low, or are you the Steinbrenner type, a free-wheeling spender seeking high-profile free agents? You oversee trades, negotiate contract extensions, sign free agents, move players between the active roster, minor league roster and disabled list, and more.
Ready to take the field? iOOTP Baseball 2012 is available only at Apple’s App Store, and it’s just $4.99. Play ball!