★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The sun has retreated from the earth, a week ago it shone its last, and now chaos has begun. People fear for their existence, and while scientists struggle to explain the phenomenon, the creatures of nightmare began to appear. Fear the Night!

Gamezebo: 5 Stars - Playdek has once again hit it out of the park.
Appolicious: 4.5 out 5
Nerd Appropriate: Nightfall on iOS is a great way to play cards with friends when you cant get a gaming crew together.

New In-App Purchase Expansion: Nightfall: Martial Law

Nightfall: Martial Law introduces many new characters, actions and new color combinations for creating chains and achieving kickers. Martial Law will also introduce the new "Feed" mechanic which will allow players to get even more uses out of their orders. The game also brings to the table a new Wound effect that is sure to surprise opponents.

In Nightfall, players must master hordes of ghouls, vampires and werewolves as they struggle to gain control of a post-apocalyptic world.

Begin with a set of starter Minions then draft cards into your private Archives, play cards into the Chain in order to maximize the effectiveness of your cards and Claim new Minions and Actions to pit against your foes. Attack your opponents every round in an effort to weaken your rivals. Time is limited and only mastering all Phases of the game will leave you standing as the victor at the end of the game.

Nightfall for iOS brings AEG's modern horror game to select iPods, iPhones and iPads.

HIGHLIGHTS
New In-App Purchase: Martial Law expansion!
Achievements and un-lockable Promo Cards
-Ahmad Hassan
-Desperate Measures
-Pale Fury
Asynchronous multiplayer with game timers
Two start-game modes: Quick Play and Draft
Play with open Wound counts or traditional hidden Wounds

FEATURES
Supports 1-5 players (human and/or AI)
3 levels of AI
Asynchronous multiplayer online games
Play against others with pass and play multiplayer
Player Profiles
Introductory tutorial to teach you how to play
Maintain and save multiple games
Automatic shuffling, cleanup and scoring
Universal App

Also by Playdek
Summoner Wars; Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer; Food Fight iOS; Can't Stop; Fluxx; Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs Evil
04-05-2012, 04:38 PM

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-06-2012 at 01:15 PM.

04-05-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm a total fanboy of playdek, given one of the best apps on ios - ascension is theirs.
Instantly downloading

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
04-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Picked it up, but had to use appshopper as directly searching for it in itunes didnt work
04-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Right behind u pal, although I know nuts about this game
The video showed smooth graphics and somewhat polished interface. Won't mind adding 1 more game to my asynchronous library.
See u guys inside the battlefield soon!

GameCenter ID: kitkeat
Fav multiplayer iOS game: Penny Arcade The Game:Gamers vs Evil,Ascension,SummonerWars, Heuroshima Hex,Hero Academy,Nightfall,Tickets to ride
Invite me to a game
04-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Ascension and Food Fight are pretty much unassailable. Bought.
Here's the BGG entry for the physical product:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/88408/nightfall

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
04-05-2012, 06:47 PM
hmmm, speaking of which. I have never heard of food fight before. I just checked in iTunes. also by Playdeck. anyone played that before? apology as this may not be the right forum for that...

nevermind that, grabbed it as well.. supporting the devs =)

GameCenter ID: kitkeat
Fav multiplayer iOS game: Penny Arcade The Game:Gamers vs Evil,Ascension,SummonerWars, Heuroshima Hex,Hero Academy,Nightfall,Tickets to ride
Invite me to a game
04-05-2012, 06:47 PM
I can't find it in the App store search...
04-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkeat View Post
hmmm, speaking of which. I have never heard of food fight before. I just checked in iTunes. also by Playdeck. anyone played that before? apology as this may not be the right forum for that...

nevermind that, grabbed it as well.. supporting the devs =)
It's fun, although I don't enjoy it like Ascension. I've downloaded Nightfall, please add me!

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!
04-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Woohoo! Just finished the tutorial, very well done. Another great implementation by Playdek! Now begins the wait for Summoner Wars and Agricola.