Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-23-2012, 02:55 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

hi! which hellhounds do you mean, which map?
Old 02-23-2012, 07:02 PM

Sorry I wasn't more specific. The level seems to have many assassins. Then there is a long verticle hallway with two patrolling hellhounds. If I attack one of the two, a pack attacks. There's a loop below the hellhounds with two level and gates above and two levels below.

There was some talk of trapping the hell hounds in a corridor, but I dont see how that is possible.

You help is appreciated. A log of the conversations would be great. Heck, even if it's on a web page and not in the game.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:18 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

ok, now I know where you are located!

you could try several methods:

1. try to sneak with your characters (one at a time) to the levers in the south, open a door and gather your heroes out of reach of the hellhounds (use speed potions!). best disable auto-shooting for your ranged units if you try this. once all 4 characters are secure, build a few dwarven traps and stuff and attack one of the hellhounds and kill him. now, with only one door open, you can kill the whole hellhound pack easily, each hellhound one by one.

2. build many towers and traps, position your troops and kill one of the hellhounds. let them come and destroy them. hellhounds are fast, but their HP are low, so try using area-spells with your mage.

generally spoken: try to create situations, where you can finish the enemies of one by one (lure them into small corridors for instance). if that's not possible, use potions and all means available to strengthen your characters. also, take your time building defencive positions with the dwarf. they will give you an edge against your foes.

hope that helps! if you need more advice/help, please ask!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:29 AM

ok, thanks!
Old 04-04-2012, 05:31 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Having a good time with the game. I would never have known about it if it wasn't for one of those sales. Now I would have paid full price happily.

thoughts... tough to get into. Sure you learned this by now. at first I said, whoah… people are tiny. not doing what I said. I got used to it.

i'm in software myself... and the first lesson was... never give a bad first impression . anyhow, since I've gotten used the only annoying part so far was sending the minotaur back and forth with the wall pieces while laying traps with dwarf.

I did get to the lava mole and forgot the instructions. thought i'd search here... I remember the wall. but going to rebuild the bridge and hope things work out.

and I will buy your next game because of this. my son doesn't like it, because not 'cute' enough. characters too small. he's 9. loves legendary wars and monster wars and battleloot. just saying if you want to hit that demographic. cute monsters and bigger.

one question I guess I have. I hear there is an expansion. did it ever come out? late to the game... hope it did and that I have more time ahead of me.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:19 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

hey, glad you like our debut game.

we'd love to finish Companions (and we will), but right now, we need to work on games which help us stabilizing our company financially (we sold 9 games of Companions yesterday and it was a good day, so you see, it's just not worth it money wise).

we plan on doing an endless crawler on basis of Companions, but that will have to wait, too.

have a look at our other games: Time of Heroes is a strategy game (second campaign is nearly finished) with 3D graphics and Nosferatu - Run from the Sun, our endless runner (your son should like this game, cute as it is!-> it's free, so check it out)
Old 04-05-2012, 01:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Oh I hear you. I'm in the camp of, happy to pay for games. these are less than the latte I bought today... I drink that in 15 minutes...

I say move on from companions. Get a v2 out. Bigger and cuter people. And you'd have a winner. my son thought the minotaur was cute.

bought time of heroes yesterday, will post in forum initial thoughts.

Son doesn't like endless runners . he loves companion type games. He'd play it on easier if the people were bigger and he could see the cuteness.

finished companions. final battle was nice. my minotaur bully... could barely be scratched. just had to take care of elf and wizard.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:08 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Oh I hear you. I'm in the camp of, happy to pay for games. these are less than the latte I bought today... I drink that in 15 minutes...
yes, that's what I think when I buy games, too. If I drink a coffee somewhere in the city it costs more than a game I can play for many hours/days/weeks. strange world...

Quote:
I say move on from companions. Get a v2 out. Bigger and cuter people. And you'd have a winner. my son thought the minotaur was cute.
give us time and manpower (=money) and it's done in no time

Quote:
Son doesn't like endless runners . he loves companion type games. He'd play it on easier if the people were bigger and he could see the cuteness.

finished companions. final battle was nice. my minotaur bully... could barely be scratched. just had to take care of elf and wizard.
np, when I was a kid my brother always played jump&run stuff and I was into all kinds of strategy games (at an age where most didn't want to play that stuff, hehe)

yes, it was great fun designing the final battle. the bull minotaur, when well equipped, is nearly indestructible, especially with all the potions and stuff you surely found on your way!

happy that you had fun with our game!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:22 AM
iPad

I've always been a big supporter of this game on other forums. Even when i play newer releases like Avadon:The Black Fortress or Avernum, I recall how awesome COMPANIONS HD is. It's pretty much one of the only hardcore strategy RPGs on the system other than the aforementioned above and, perhaps, The Bard's Tale.

Is Smuttleworks making an updated sequel? Will you make any other games like this? IT would be a real shame if you guys go all casual, or make a 'cute' version of this series.

Have you considered doing a Kickstarter? I'd personally like to see more games like this with an improved engine...
Old 04-19-2012, 11:37 AM

On sale for 99 cents for a few days.