★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Rittenhouse
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 27.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: It is far better to feed then to be fed upon.

Anything but ordinary gameplay. Experience what it's like to be at the bottom of the food chain, on a chain. Feed while avoiding those who would feed on you. There is always predators watching and waiting so watch out. They are coming. There is nothing ordinary about Ordinarium.

It is far better to feed then to be fed upon.

Anything but ordinary gameplay. Experience what it's like to be at the bottom of the food chain, on a chain. Feed while avoiding those who would feed on you. There is always predators watching and waiting so watch out. They are coming. There is nothing ordinary about Ordinarium.

"Ordinarium's sights and sounds elevate it above the ordinary" - AppAdvice

"Mixes simple gameplay with a colourful art style in an experience that's more than the sum of its parts." - PocketGamer

"Ordinarium takes simple "eat or be eaten" food chain gameplay, and wraps it up in a gorgeous and distinctive art style." - IGN

"It's cute. It's distinctive. It's gorgeous." - Best10Apps.com

Features
Feed and Avoid Being Seen/Devoured
Monsters (No really.)
Hauntingly Beautiful Soundtrack

Sanuku's comments:




04-06-2012, 06:05 AM
#2
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 608
Saw this yesterday and thought the art was awesome ... but have no idea what the hell is going on there.

04-06-2012, 06:07 AM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladeums View Post
Saw this yesterday and thought the art was awesome ... but have no idea what the hell is going on there.
I thought the same the first Time when I saw the Game. I promise I`ll create the HD Gameplay Trailer as soon as I`ll be back from Shopping.
04-06-2012, 06:46 AM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I thought the same the first Time when I saw the Game. I promise I`ll create the HD Gameplay Trailer as soon as I`ll be back from Shopping.
Looking forward Mr. Sanuku!

Edit: Perhaps I've saved you the trouble (and expense) as I found a video on the developer's site. It does not however provide much insight concerning the actual game play.

http://www.rittenhouseapps.com/ordinarium.html

Edit2: Whoops. Just noticed you embedded said video at the top of the thread!

Mac user since 1988

Last edited by funambulist; 04-06-2012 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Added link to developer's video
04-06-2012, 11:03 AM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by funambulist View Post
Looking forward Mr. Sanuku!

Edit: Perhaps I've saved you the trouble (and expense) as I found a video on the developer's site. It does not however provide much insight concerning the actual game play.

http://www.rittenhouseapps.com/ordinarium.html

Edit2: Whoops. Just noticed you embedded said video at the top of the thread!
It`s not really a big deal. Don`t worry about it. It does happen to me all the Time too

Sidenote:

I have added a HD Gameplay Trailer of the Game. Enjoy...

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-06-2012 at 12:43 PM.
04-06-2012, 01:13 PM
#6
Very cool for a buck!

I'm really enjoying this little gem, what a great week for releases!
04-06-2012, 01:15 PM
#7
Cheers Sanuku! Makes a bit more sense now.

Ordinarium seems vaguely reminiscent of Bruegel's 'Big Fish Eat Little Fish' don't you think?

http://tinyurl.com/79f4q3q

Mac user since 1988