Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-07-2012, 09:23 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I have Mc3 and my main problem is the frame rate, unstable control and the fact that there is so much on the screen that it is hard to tell where your enemies are and get clear shots. The grenades are also disappointing that they don't explode immediately like they did in MC2. It just doesn't run smooth - every so often I go back to MC3 to see if m opinion will change, but that game just doesn't have clean gameplay. In MC2 they strip the maps down so everything runs a lot cleaner. Tell me if I'm missing something.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:05 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paps Shenanigan View Post
I have Mc3 and my main problem is the frame rate, unstable control and the fact that there is so much on the screen that it is hard to tell where your enemies are and get clear shots. The grenades are also disappointing that they don't explode immediately like they did in MC2. It just doesn't run smooth - every so often I go back to MC3 to see if m opinion will change, but that game just doesn't have clean gameplay. In MC2 they strip the maps down so everything runs a lot cleaner. Tell me if I'm missing something.
Framerate issues are personal. Low on megabytes/ram or just a poor wifi. The grenades in mc2 sucked. Overpowered and you could even kill someone when you were dead. But there is a similar sticky grenade which explodes when it sticks to a target. And the controls, did you even customize them? U know u can resize and relocate them.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:27 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Have you figured out a way to select a match from the match screen without bein in a panic? They fly by so fast and when you select one to ready it - it bumps you out because it's already refreshed. That's annoying - thanks for the tips - I will continue to go back and try - maybe just I just need to rank up to match to competition so I have some sort of advantage. It sucks being pretty darn good at MC2 but no where close in MC3.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:53 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Have you figured out a way to select a match from the match screen without bein in a panic? They fly by so fast and when you select one to ready it - it bumps you out because it's already refreshed. That's annoying - thanks for the tips - I will continue to go back and try - maybe just I just need to rank up to match to competition so I have some sort of advantage. It sucks being pretty darn good at MC2 but no where close in MC3.
Well sometimes I get to select a game in time, but I usually just do a quick match. And I suggest to use Armor and Athlete perk and skill, because once you upgrade them to elite, they're your power couple!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Well, I sure hope the devs fix this mess with the servers crashing. I can't play one single game anymore without it crashing.

This is my favourite iOS game. Even though it is a year and a half old, still competes with the best games today.
I still think this is a better game than MC3, agree with Paps Shenanigan on several of his points.

I hope Gameloft doesn't give up on this game
Old 04-06-2012, 02:36 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
the same thing with me, but i think the select a match screen is far worse in mc3 than mc2. and don't forget you can always create your own matches. i'm MUCH better at mc2 than mc3
Old 04-06-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFields View Post
the same thing with me, but i think the select a match screen is far worse in mc3 than mc2. and don't forget you can always create your own matches. i'm MUCH better at mc2 than mc3
Agreed, A lot easier to create a match and select a match in Mc2. I'm way better at Mc2 ( rank 74) Only a 41 on Mc3...

Mc3 is tougher to be good at. You have to have the right perks, also having a 4S or ipad 2 won't hurt. It is a definate advantage over the older devices.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:53 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
Well, I sure hope the devs fix this mess with the servers crashing. I can't play one single game anymore without it crashing.

This is my favourite iOS game. Even though it is a year and a half old, still competes with the best games today.
I still think this is a better game than MC3, agree with Paps Shenanigan on several of his points.

I hope Gameloft doesn't give up on this game
Each of his own... Even with the flaws I still like MC3 much more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFields View Post
Nah, I reinstalled mc2 last week and the search match was worse actually than in MC3... MC3's lobby has been fixed, it doesn't go around that fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
Agreed, A lot easier to create a match and select a match in Mc2. I'm way better at Mc2 ( rank 74) Only a 41 on Mc3...

Mc3 is tougher to be good at. You have to have the right perks, also having a 4S or ipad 2 won't hurt. It is a definate advantage over the older devices.
I suck at MC2 after playing MC3, because the buttons are so small!
Old 04-13-2012, 02:50 PM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), iOS 1.x

Default Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus

How do I beat the submarine where I have to capture the popovich guy.
I really need help.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:31 PM

Almost a year after my last post on this thread. I'm going to bump it and say this is still the best modern combat game due to it's simplicity, smoothness and great maps.

I know there's probably a lot of people that disagree with me, but if the hacking situation was fixed on this game ( I know it won't) it's still my favourite in the series.