Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Just bought this. Very nice. Couple things need fixing:

1) when viewing your tiles under the bubble, it is very hard to see what they are, as the colors used within the tile are black. Make it white so it stands out.
2) why can't I put a miner onto a pod from space or when there is already a miner on the pod? Have tried many times to move a miner into a pod and it will just move beside the pod.
3) agree that the game is much too slow when playing two humans against 2 AI.
4) holding the bubble and then having to use another finger to highlight a
Miner is awkward.

Good 'survive' clone. Took a while to figure out that you had to keep miners moving to mine and that tiles could only be mined once.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:29 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatzi View Post
1) when viewing your tiles under the bubble, it is very hard to see what they are, as the colors used within the tile are black. Make it white so it stands out.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll think on the best way to handle it.

Quote:
2) why can't I put a miner onto a pod from space or when there is already a miner on the pod? Have tried many times to move a miner into a pod and it will just move beside the pod.
This is one of the rules that is shared with Survive. While you can move from a land space directly into a pod, if you are floating in space you must first get next to the pod before you can enter it. And remember that a miner can only take one action while in space. So to get a miner into a pod in an adjacent space you would need to move the pod into the miner's space first. Then you could move the miner into the pod. Hope that makes sense.

Quote:
3) agree that the game is much too slow when playing two humans against 2 AI.
4) holding the bubble and then having to use another finger to highlight a
Miner is awkward.
These should be (at least partially) addressed with the coming update.

While I'm posting I want to extend an invitation to anyone that wants to join my TestFlight team to help test the game. You would get to see the next build of the game before anyone else and also help me find bugs or give feedback before release. Hit this link and follow the instructions to get setup with TestFlight.
http://bit.ly/vF8w2a

It would be especially great to get folks with the new iPad to make sure the retina graphics work for them, but really anyone can sign up.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Speaking of a 'motherlode', i just checked my ipad usage stats and this app is taking up 4 gigs! How is this possible?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:39 AM
iPad, iOS 4.x

The only things the game saves are five save games (four slots plus one in progress) and their associated screenshots.

Can you use something like iExplorer to peer into the Mother Lode directory on your iPad and see if it's true?
Old 04-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by scartier View Post
The only things the game saves are five save games (four slots plus one in progress) and their associated screenshots.

Can you use something like iExplorer to peer into the Mother Lode directory on your iPad and see if it's true?

I deleted the game and reinstalled. Played another 1 human against 3 AI, won the game, and the size of the app is back to 28 mb. Will keep monitoring to see if it happens again.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:13 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

The retina update for Mother Lode was just approved. If it isn't in your particular app store yet then please wait a bit.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mother-lode/id490363915?ls=1&mt=8

In addition to the retina graphics, hopefully this update fixes a lot of the things that bugged people about the initial release. You can now disable auto-zooming, enable fast animations, and choose a different method for opening the player bubbles.

I also recently submitted a free version of the game. This is restricted to a two-player game of human vs. computer. Users can unlock the full game via in-app purchase (same price as the original).

The free version will also not expose any gameplay future updates (until unlocked). Whether I get a chance to release any gameplay updates depends on how the game does from here on. I would LOVE to keep working on it, but need to be realistic.

I will still update the game to fix bugs as necessary.

Thanks for your support! I hope you enjoy the update!
Old 05-26-2012, 03:34 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

Hey folks. Mother Lode is part of the #BecauseWeMay sale. The full version is currently FREE. No IAP.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mother-lode/id490363915?ls=1&mt=8

The sale ends after June 1st.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:57 PM

Grab it! Very fun board game!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

What are the additions that the paid version of Mother Lode brings to the table? The description on the App Store stated that "the free version will always only contain the base rule set."

So what are the other rules that I will get when buying the paid version?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Just downloaded and added to my iOS board game collection!