App description: From Battlefront.com, the critically acclaimed creators of the Combat Mission series of wargames: Command American and German troops during and after the invasion of Normandy, June 1944! Combat Mission : Touch mixes fun and realism for a unique, hands-on, 3D wargame experience.

Trailer: http://youtu.be/B5SRcH_6NUg

Features:

Full 3D view of the battlefield
Smoothly zoom from bird's eye for strategic control down to eye level for tactical awareness
Command historically accurate vehicles and infantry units like the M4 Sherman Tank or the German Panther tank
Play solo or head-to-head on the Internet
Invite your friends on GameCenter
Find opponents on the Internet automatically
Watch replays of battles and share them with friends ... or enemies
Watch and replay every detail of the action from any angle
Realistic ballistics and armor penetration algorithms; make no mistake, fun as it is, this is a true wargame!
Realistically simulated weapons and effects
Troop morale and fatigue
Forward observers and artillery
WEGO (as in: "we go together" simultaneous planning and action phases) - the fun of fast paced action with the strategy of turns
Battle across vast distances (2km x 2km maps!)
Play as Americans or Germans
Fight on the beaches, hills, and bocage of France
Includes 7 unique and detailed maps and historical combat missions:
Uncle Red Beach
Morning of the 902nd
Panzer Ace
Off the Beach!
Crossroads
Battlegroup Scholze
Ravenstein's Bridge
More maps and missions will be made available in-app
Includes tutorial video... you had better do what the Drill Sergeant $@*!% asks you to! ;-)

Mythbuster's comments:
Hi,
Combat Mission is out:

Link: http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/combat-mission-touch/id496265964?mt=8

More info on their Website: http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...293&Itemid=503

Regards,
Mythbuster
04-07-2012, 05:37 AM
This is unplayable for me. It crashes every time at the first calculation stage. iPad 3. Poor effort.
04-07-2012, 09:18 AM
I don't get it? This game could be awesome but can someone explain this mess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
This is unplayable for me. It crashes every time at the first calculation stage. iPad 3. Poor effort.
As I stated earlier, I am having the same problem on iPad 2. I can't even pass the first mission without it crashing. I have tried around 10 times and I'm done with this game!

And I have re-started my iPad, made sure all apps are closed and wifi is turned off....and I have almost 3 gigs of memory left. I have ZERO problems with all of my other games/apps so what gives?

I'm sorry, but for anyone to try and defend this is just silly...IT'S COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE!!

Add to that the archaic visuals and terrible animations really have no place on such a powerful device....It's 2012 not 1999!!
Also, the pathetic "sprites" of the infantry as well as the poor animations really are disappointing. Add to that there is no 'save' feature and the controls are pretty bad and choppy...not to mention every time I want to zoom I end up rotating and vice versa...really is frustrating!

I really dont care if a game is $1 or $20 ..... Still no excuse for releasing such a broken mess especially from a respected PC Dev that has been around so long!

hopefully we can get some polish and improvements/optimizations very soon but most of all I would like to just be able to play without it crashing EVERY ��������ING TIME!

The Devs need to take note that "Battle Academy" is the proper way to port an older PC title....ya, I know there's a price difference but so what?!!! Like I said, its still no excuse for releasing a broken, glitchy mess!

Xbox - Playstation - Nintendo - iOS - Android

Last edited by Twenty One; 04-14-2012 at 05:49 PM.

04-21-2012, 08:41 AM
Combat Mission: Touch v1.1 has been posted

Hey gang!

I just noticed that the awaited Combat Mission: Touch update has been posted. Here are the fixes:

What's new
Save/load games in progress
Smoother camera controls
GUI improvements
Performance improvements
Toggle icons and extra feedback during the playback phase
Optional settings
Bug fixes
I'm just downloading now, so I don't have any impressions just yet.

Thought I'd mention it.

--DotComCTO
04-21-2012, 09:33 AM
@DotComCTO - that's great news; thanks for the heads up.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
04-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Great thanks, I'll give this update a whirl and hopefully can play the game.
04-21-2012, 11:59 AM
So how is the game now after the update?
I've been considering in pressing the Buy button but the comments here have left me quite cold.
04-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Well anyone has the update done anything
04-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Much better!!

I can only comment on the improved performance but not the crashing as I have yet to have time to play more than about 5 turns on the first map....I will get some more time with it later today.

Anyway on my iPad 2 the overall performance seems MUCH BETTER now! The animations and just the visuals overall look improved, although they won't blow you away by any means. They added some custom settings for the visuals now which helps.

HOWEVER...the camera, while better, is still too touchy/wonky but they did improve the overall smoothness of panning, zooming and rotate...which does help!! The 'playback phase' seems to be improved with a few new features.

It is definitely much more "playable" now than it was before which made my brief time with it ACTUALLY FUN!! Although they still need to tweak some things and improve the camera ...but I would definitely recommend it now whereas before, I would not have.

Also, something that really needs to be implemented is a choice for ASYNCHRONOUS multiplayer to go along with the 'real-time' they have now.

Xbox - Playstation - Nintendo - iOS - Android

Last edited by Twenty One; 04-22-2012 at 09:56 AM.
04-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Ok...

Does anyone know if there's a PDF manual I can download for this?
I have several questions I think documentation could answer.

Also anyone hear if they'll be adding asynchonus gameplay?

Flangle Flangle Flangle Play No More!
04-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafner View Post
Ok...

Does anyone know if there's a PDF manual I can download for this?
I have several questions I think documentation could answer.

Also anyone hear if they'll be adding asynchonus gameplay?
Not sure about the PDF manual; however, BattleFront did say that async multiplayer is coming. The version that was just released laid the groundwork for that feature (http://www.battlefront.com/community...d.php?t=103672).

Perhaps you can post on the BattleFront forum to get an answer to your PDF question?

--DotComCTO