Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-06-2012, 06:33 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesio718 View Post
easter sale please?? or can someone change the title.....
Fixed
Old 04-06-2012, 07:23 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Fixed
Thank u mod. Still praying for a sale. My wallet is thin after all these sales hit.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Developer
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmster View Post
Retina update is out, woot! Thanks!
Yes! We had an issue with Thursday's NYT puzzle, so we expedited development and approval of a fix the same day, and that includes the Retina update that we had already submitted.

Even if you don't have a Retina-capable new iPad, I urge everyone to please get the latest update to avoid problems with recent NYT puzzles.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:44 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesio718 View Post
Thank u mod. Still praying for a sale. My wallet is thin after all these sales hit.
It's Crux, or Crosswords. Crux is half the price. It's a bargain. Literally thousands of crosswords - you'll never run out. It'll be the best money you spend, because it's probably one of the few apps that you'll keep coming back to day after day, week after week, month after month.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:21 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Played this for 3hours straight tonight. Thank god for the people crosswords. I'm not smart enough for the others just yet. Thanks again Rumsoft!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:40 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

@nesio
I also am not a crossword expert but Thinks puzzles are generally ok, and the Washington Post Daily can be ok.

I have the settings so that if I make a mistake (only) it gets highlighted. Also, don't forget that in the hint / help (the lightbulb in the lower left) the reveal affords a number of options including just one cell, so when you are learning you can help yourself. These electronic ones are actually much better that the paper or books, because in those, looking at the answers for help would allow you to see multiple answers even when you just wanted to see one.
Also, there are quite a lot of options for all sorts of things that are worth looking at, even though you might not use them. It's interesting just to see how much they have packed in to this app.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:02 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Thanks for the info pluto6. I initially made it halfway through a starter puzzle then I started to investigate the app. I was floored by the amount of content. The ability to pencil in a word and have hints was also a great help. I highly recommend this to anyone on the fence.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:17 AM
iPad mini

I've had this for months now and I can't see it ever leaving my device. I've gifted it to several people as well, and all of them have loved it. If you enjoy crosswords, this app is a must, just super polished with a brilliant interface.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
It's Crux, or Crosswords. Crux is half the price. It's a bargain. Literally thousands of crosswords - you'll never run out. It'll be the best money you spend, because it's probably one of the few apps that you'll keep coming back to day after day, week after week, month after month.
I'll just second this. A good crossword puzzle app, with good support, can last forever. Especially with a good variety of sources integrated and constantly pulling in new content (mostly for free, even). If you enjoy crossword puzzles, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Crux, and I don't just mean because it's half the price of some of its competition. I've spent many times its price on Crosswords and others on iOS and Palm over the years, and I don't regret it, but Crux has been my go-to app for over a year and will be for the foreseeable future, because I like it better.

It's the kind of thing I don't think I've ever said about a $0.99 app before, for example, especially in the crossword space.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Developer
iPad, OS 4.x

Hi everybody! I'm happy to announce that version 1.2 is now available in the App Store. This brings to CRUX:

1) iCloud puzzle sync: We tested the stuffing out of this, but if anybody has issues, please let me know.

2) Updated puzzle management: Lots of people asked for the ability to delete puzzles. Now you can! Also, "My Puzzles" is organized by status and time-based criteria.

3) Optimization for iPhone 5 display: More vertical pixels buys you a square grid view, so we can show the entire puzzle at full width without panning up/down. And there was some room left over to make the keyboard keys taller. Bonus!

To celebrate this major update and the iPhone 5 launch, CRUX is now on sale for the low, low price of only $1.99.