Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-05-2012, 04:01 AM

Default [Com2uS] All your magic tales will come to life in Magic Tree!

Welcome to Magic Tree!

Magic Tree is finally released on the App Store! Plant your magical trees in a 3D wonderland

*Open event
: Send us your App Store review & reviewer ID to yes@com2us.com by April 15th and get a chance to win a $10 iTunes giftcard! 5 winners will be announced in April 16th.

Download NOW (FREE)

- Magic Seeds grow before your eyes to become Magic Trees
Mix and match magic seeds to discover new types

- Glowing 3D Graphics
No more flat social gaming! Your own magic tree home is more solid and vivid in 3D.

- Animated Village Features
Ride and play with decorative items in Magic Tree.
Explore a fantastic social journey with your objects: Merry-go-rounds, swings, pianos, and more!

- Another Me: My Avatar
Customize your gender, clothes, accessories, hair style, and facial expression however you wish.

- Fantastic Crops and Animals
Along with unique trees, you can raise other exclusive animals and crops.

- Visiting Friends
Send and receive messages and gifts...
Help your friend's village and make a fellowship of friends.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:38 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Does this use Facebook?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:48 AM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-05-2012 at 09:47 AM..
Old 04-05-2012, 09:14 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMmaO...O9eBKFPexDQ%3D

Watch my gameplay of Magic Tree.

Last edited by StormRadar; 04-05-2012 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: Wrong words
Old 04-05-2012, 02:31 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by toythatkills View Post
Does this use Facebook?
It does, but it's optional. The benefits of Facebook seem to be the same as if you were playing Cityville or similar games -- you can visit friends' towns and request items, etc.

Adorable game, fun so far, if you like Cityville. I equate it to Cityville meets Harvest Moon.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:11 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
It does, but it's optional. The benefits of Facebook seem to be the same as if you were playing Cityville or similar games -- you can visit friends' towns and request items, etc.

Adorable game, fun so far, if you like Cityville. I equate it to Cityville meets Harvest Moon.
Can you not do anything with friends through Game Center instead? Seems to be a stupid oversight in basically every game of this type.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:54 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Default Game Impressions

I saw the trailer on the front page which has now mysteriously vanished and couldn't wait to try this. Never even cared about farmevile or any of its copy cats but this looked like a fun and cutsy 3d casual game for my ipod.

Its fun, until you find out when your health drops to zero you pretty much have no choice but to log out while you regen over time, or spend the IAP cash (star points) to buy food. Maybe you can make food later? Saddly I was trying to clear some wood for the farm and all out of energy, so now I am not playing. Does not bode well for this game. Imo IAP purchases should be for vanity items or special items, not as a disposable permission to play the game. This is akin to a subscription service plan here.

Also it does seem like its a fully online game, so no offline mode. Guess well see just how responsive it becomes going over my optimus v's hot spot.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:37 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by toythatkills View Post
Can you not do anything with friends through Game Center instead? Seems to be a stupid oversight in basically every game of this type.
Well, I don't think GC is really set up for the type of interactivity this game includes. You're basically talking about trading goods, visiting each other's towns, giving gifts, doing chores and stuff while in your friends' towns, etc. GC seems to mainly focus on leaderboards and achievements. I think Com2Us actually did a really good job with respect to the social elements of this game. Rather than force their own social network (though it's still an option, and great for friending randoms when in a pinch), you can utilize Facebook instead, which is pretty much the standard for these types of games.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:16 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Well I've spent some more time on it. I have come to terms that this is not the type of game you sit down for 30+ minutes at a time. You can get about 30 minutes of gameplay while you start out, but once you are in the swing of things you are given quest to gorw things that take many hours to grow. Instead this becomes a game like tamagotchi, where you take breaks from what ever you are doing to check in on things and see if things can be done. And if you have 15 or more minutes, plan out what trees and crops you need to grow to obtain the seeds and collection items you want. Also using some extra hearts to clear away some wood for further expansion is a good idea since it will take a number of hearts to clear away a sizeable patch of land.

Only thing I wish more is that there would be an android version cause you need a full time net connection. ^^

The end game seems a little up in the air, it seems that the items purchased through the IAP are a little on the pricey side. I am not a fan of IAPs myself and it sucks that some trees and farm animals require them, hopefully I wont miss them.