Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

*what a difference a day makes...

Last edited by BrEaKBEaT; 10-20-2011 at 08:20 AM..
Old 10-19-2011, 06:48 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Fixed. Thank you!

Last edited by PraetorianX; 04-09-2012 at 05:56 AM..
Old 10-19-2011, 07:06 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
Do not support this developer guys! Big Achtung ! IAds added in the game for which I paid full price. Ridiculous
I agree. Bad call, ID.

If you're going to add advertising to a game that used to be a premium game, at least provide a way for your most loyal fans, the fans that actually purchased the game, to have the ads removed. I know it's possible. Plenty of other devs have done it in the past. It makes me realize how you really feel about your fans. I'm pretty disappointed by this decision. Game deleted. I may bring it back if you decide to do the right thing.

Edit: Pulled this from another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturID View Post
Take it easy guys. Ads should be visible only for new users. Old users which bought the game shouldn’t have any advertisement inside even if they update the game!
This is not true. I purchased the game at release. I get a pop-down Lexus add in the middle of every game.

Still a bad call by ID. I will definitely think twice about purchasing an ID game at release in the future, but at least I will be appeased regarding Shoot the Birds if this is true and they really do remove ads. Right now it doesn't seem to work, though.

Last edited by CzarCastic; 10-19-2011 at 07:11 AM..
Old 10-19-2011, 07:09 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
Do not support this developer guys! Big Achtung ! IAds added in the game for which I paid full price. Ridiculous
No ads for me after updating. Try deleting and reinstalling? Developer has stated ads shouldn't be there for anyone who previously paid.

Looks like there could be a hitch with the update for some people but don't lose faith as it wasn't intentional.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:34 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Guys, if you noticed ads in the game after the update please contact us via support@idreams.pl This shouldn’t happen. So far we received only few feedbacks like this. It’s unique situation and we will consider every case individual.

Please do not believe people who simply have fun and change the reality into something different. That’s why we are here. We don’t want to escape from the responsibility and wasn’t our intention to trick anybody.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:04 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturID View Post
Guys, if you noticed ads in the game after the update please contact us via support@idreams.pl This shouldn’t happen. So far we received only few feedbacks like this. It’s unique situation and we will consider every case individual.

Please do not believe people who simply have fun and change the reality into something different. That’s why we are here. We don’t want to escape from the responsibility and wasn’t our intention to trick anybody.
If that is the case then fix the issue at hand. Apparently you are not taking this seriously as your company's name and reputation is at stake. There are people here that do write for reputable companies and what they write based on your actions can harm you. Personally based on your posts, it doesn't seem you care about the effect this mistake has caused. By including an email, rather than fixing the issue shows that there is no dedication to repairing your image. There is a small percentage that reads this forum, imagine the amount of customers that do not read this forum and what they think of your company now after screwing them over. This was one of my favorite games, now I deleted from my devices because of what you did. Sorry just being honest and now the trust is gone, because what will you do to Jelly Defense in the future, so I deleted it too. You guys need to fix this ASAP, there are a lot of ticked off people and word of mouth goes a long way.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:04 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Our latest update of "Shoot The Birds" unintentionally enabled iAds for a small group of our customers that have already paid for the game. It was not our intention and we would like to apologize to everyone affected by this problem. We would also like to inform that an updated version of the game with iAds removed will be released soon. We will also make sure that anything like that is not going to happen in the future. Thank you.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:40 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Looks like its been pulled, and will release later when sorted?
Old 10-21-2011, 07:15 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashead2000 View Post
Looks like its been pulled, and will release later when sorted?
Exactly.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:54 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Shoot the Birds now take the full advantage of the ‘New iPad’ to maximize your experience, including HD resolution on all Retina devices. Don’t waste your time and update the game now in the Apple App Store! Obviously upcoming sequel – Shoot the Zombirds – will be also optimized for the ‘New iPad’!