Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-09-2012, 06:52 AM
takaya takaya is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 64
Default

This is how mini motor racing should have been.....

The physics reminds me Xbox's PGR2, rush rely heavily on power sliding and the trick to really enjoy this game is to "throw" the car sideways way before the corner, let it slide around the apex and shave the walls or the rails at the exit: really satisfying, especially driving the Corvette!!! I think this is the real core of the game, at least for me....
Regarding the low points, I would mention the number of the tracks, they're not 45 but 15x3 -normal, mirror and night - and the lacks of online multiplayer....

Overall it's one of my favorite top down racing games, alongside Paper Racing and Hard Racing. Close to them I would rate Reckless Racing 2* and Retro Racing**....

* Reckless Racing 2 is very similar but the graphics aren't as smooth
** Retro Racing limit's are the lacks of ghost time attack and landscape mode....
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Habakuk Habakuk is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 3,520
Default

Fun racer with nice multiplayer options—but needs urgently a retina update for the iPad 3. The framerate is smooth and the gameplay is very interesting. Recommended.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-18-2012, 04:18 PM
takaya takaya is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 64
Default

I've just installed the last update, the beahviour of the cars are more forgivable now and I don't like it. Let's hope in a future update that will let the players the ability to choose the old physics.....
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:55 AM
Paklok Paklok is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaya View Post
I've just installed the last update, the beahviour of the cars are more forgivable now and I don't like it. Let's hope in a future update that will let the players the ability to choose the old physics.....
Hi takaya, I did not change the physical parameters of the car.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Pony Pony is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Fun racer with nice multiplayer options—but needs urgently a retina update for the iPad 3. The framerate is smooth and the gameplay is very interesting. Recommended.
That. And the road textures are really low quality!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Drexiel Drexiel is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ponce, PR
Posts: 1,653
Default

just picked this up cuz the pics reminded me of ChoroQ, and cuz it says 'multiplayer'

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Snooptalian Snooptalian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,515
Default

Are there achievements via Game Center for this game?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Drexiel Drexiel is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ponce, PR
Posts: 1,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Are there achievements via Game Center for this game?
yup



Also, I just played one race.... I love that the cars actually drift and have some weight to them =D

Doesn't feel like Mini Motor Racing At All!! +1!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Snooptalian Snooptalian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post
yup



Also, I just played one race.... I love that the cars actually drift and have some weight to them =D

Doesn't feel like Mini Motor Racing At All!! +1!
Thanks. Just picked it up and am really liking it. Has a better sense of speed compared to Mini Motor Racing and the drifting is awesome.

I see the achievements but unfortunately they aren't unlocking in Game Center. Beat the first cup so far and still have zero achievements. Is it just me or is GC broken?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Drexiel Drexiel is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ponce, PR
Posts: 1,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Thanks. Just picked it up and am really liking it. Has a better sense of speed compared to Mini Motor Racing and the drifting is awesome.

I see the achievements but unfortunately they aren't unlocking in Game Center. Beat the first cup so far and still have zero achievements. Is it just me or is GC broken?
yeah just finished a championship stage with Gold on Normal, but no achievements unlocked... GC or OpenFeint... i didn't finish every race in first place, but I did finish with Gold
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent