★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Need For Speed: The Run (Cancelled)

12-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
You know, that would be awesome. Thanks for bringing up the silver lining in this dark cloud If they focus on bigger and more quality titles like those companies then it would be awesome! Imagine Dead Space 2 coming to iOS!
That's what I'm thinking, too.
12-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
You know, that would be awesome. Thanks for bringing up the silver lining in this dark cloud If they focus on bigger and more quality titles like those companies then it would be awesome! Imagine Dead Space 2 coming to iOS!
I'd rather have another iOS exclusive dead space than ds2 . Ports of console titles is not the way to go , this hurt the psp a lot . Unique ultra polished experiences like the infinity blade games is what iOS devices need .

12-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcizombie View Post
I'd rather have another iOS exclusive dead space than ds2 . Ports of console titles is not the way to go , this hurt the psp a lot . Unique ultra polished experiences like the infinity blade games is what iOS devices need .
Exactly, unless they port games as well as GTA III.
12-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
No doubt. Personally, I was thinking about a sequel to DS on iOS. Though I wouldn't mind seeing the on-rails Wii one on iOS.
12-17-2011, 06:08 PM
I agree that they could release a small handful of Dead Space-quality games and it might work. I believe it was Activision who said that they would never release a full-fledged Call of Duty game on the AppStore because the market was over-saturated, and it is. When you release 20 titles a year, you are both spreading yourself too thin and competing with yourself. How many sales did Gameloft lose when the released 5-6 premium games during last year's Christmas release window? People who had to decide which Gameloft game to purchase, because they could not afford all of them at once?

With that said, scrapping this whole premium model entirely and just releasing a bunch of half-assed Freemium games, like Glu Mobile, is the easiest and cheapest way to go. I hope EA maintains a semblance of their integrity and doesn't pull what Glu has done. I can still remember Glyder 2. What happened to you, Glu? Why did you sell your creative, artistic souls to the capitolistic devil?
12-18-2011, 05:41 AM
Quote:
I never said port anywhere, did I?

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
12-18-2011, 08:12 AM
I do not need this game, if there is no touch control option!
04-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Indeed!

iOS needs more original and big name titles, less of the ports of yesteryear.

A shame to hear EA pulled the plug on NFS run, especially as I'm after a new arcade racer for my new iPad, so much so that I've bought Asphalt 6 again.

Playing: Asphalt 8, Real Racing 3, GTA SA
Waiting: