Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-01-2011, 03:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I just picked this up yesterday and have o far only played though the tutorial and a couple of games, but so far, I've got to say its the best iOS adaption of a board game I've seen.
This should really be an example of how to make a real board game into an iOS version.
Aside from that, the game itself is awesome. After only a couple of games, I've learnt that although it sounds fairly simple in concept and after a few turns, it did seem that one, but once you start to get into a game, the strategy really starts building up.
What at one stage, felt like rather simple decisions without many consequences, turn into some rather large strategical issues when it gets down to the end game.
Another thing I really like about it, is the cooperative aspect of this game, there really doesn't seem to be any rewards for outdoing your other players. It's kind of a refreshing feel to just have to compete with the game and not the other players. It gives you that extra feeling of teamwork when things come together.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:45 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Awesome work! Great adaptation of a great game!

A quick report of a minor bug. You can click on the flood pile to see a golden outline of which tiles are in it. This list is reset when you shuffle the flood pile due to a "Waters Rise!" card. However, it is not reset when you shuffle the flood pile due to running out of flood cards.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:46 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I keep wanting to buy this, but the real game isn't much more expensive... but then I balk at paying that much since the iOS version is $5. LOL. One of these days I'm just going to buy it, in one form or the other. I like Ghost Stories, but it's pretty brutal. Still I bought the iOS version and then the real version. I'm sure Forbidden Island would be a good choice too. Just have to decide which to buy first.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:52 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridWit View Post
Awesome work! Great adaptation of a great game!

A quick report of a minor bug. You can click on the flood pile to see a golden outline of which tiles are in it. This list is reset when you shuffle the flood pile due to a "Waters Rise!" card. However, it is not reset when you shuffle the flood pile due to running out of flood cards.
Great catch, GridWit! The bug will be fixed in our next update.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Cheers,
- Sean
Old 04-08-2012, 06:40 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

My family and I were on the lookout for new card or board games to play on our Sunday Game night. I saw the board version of this game at a price point a little higher than double the iOS version. However, after reading the rave reviews about the iOS port/conversion, I decided to buy it. My son and I are playing the table top format and enjoying it terribly. My only request would be to speed up the animation a bit, especially, the shuffling, etc. Looking forward to having my wife join to see how it plays with three people.

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 04-09-2012 at 10:39 AM..
Old 04-09-2012, 09:25 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I finally decided to buy this just now. I haven't played it yet, but am looking forward to checking it out. One of the reasons I wanted it is we are going on a train ride this summer and from past experience I know that playing a board game, a real one, on a train is tricky. Plus I hear this game is great, and my kids and I like co-op games. I'll post impressions once I get a chance to try it.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:43 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
I finally decided to buy this just now. I haven't played it yet, but am looking forward to checking it out. One of the reasons I wanted it is we are going on a train ride this summer and from past experience I know that playing a board game, a real one, on a train is tricky. Plus I hear this game is great, and my kids and I like co-op games. I'll post impressions once I get a chance to try it.
Good call! We played this over the Easter weekend and had a blast. Also, its cool to see another tech-geeky dad on this forum. I'm sure there are many others, I just haven't seen too many divulge this info.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:00 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Good call! We played this over the Easter weekend and had a blast. Also, its cool to see another tech-geeky dad on this forum. I'm sure there are many others, I just haven't seen too many divulge this info.
It's great to see this thread resurrected and to hear that you're enjoying Forbidden Island!

One of our developers is actually a tech-geek dad, but it'll be a while yet before his little ones will be old enough to play Forbidden Island. :-)

- Sean
Old 04-16-2012, 07:10 AM

Hello all,
Do we know anything about an iphone version? Any pocket version planned?
Old 04-17-2012, 01:02 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimb View Post
Hello all,
Do we know anything about an iphone version? Any pocket version planned?
Hi Fimb,

Right now, we don't have any plans to develop an iPhone version. There's little value in an iPhone version without online multiplayer support because of the small screen.

We aren't currently developing online multiplayer support, but we do have other updates to the game coming soon. Once those are completed, we'll start investigating online multiplayer.

Cheers,
- Sean