App description: Create your own epic saga of conflict, mythology, and community! This acclaimed game of magical storytelling blends interactive stories and resource management. Its set in Glorantha (the world of the games HeroQuest, RuneQuest, and soon 13th Age).

Its immensely replayable, thanks to over 575 interactive scenes and two objectives. Short episodes and automatic saving mean you can play even when you only have a minute or two. The built-in saga writes down the story for you. And advisors with distinctive personalities help you track your cows.

The gorgeous hand-painted artwork won Best Visual Arts at the second Independent Games Festival.

It's like they took the best parts of Civilization games and combined them with the best part of Choose Your Own Adventure style game books. What I like most about King of Dragon Pass is the seemingly infinite possibilities that the game has. I can't get enough of King of Dragon Pass. [Touch Arcade]
A wholly unique adventure that has no equal on the iPhone. [Pocket Gamer]
An interactive story with a level of complexity and brilliance that's rarely seen in video games. [Gamezebo]

Players say:
I am really happy to have found this game. It scratches so many itches: simulator, rpg, adventure book...Great work! I find myself playing it on both my iPad and iPhone. Very addictive!
I got this game at 6pm tonight. It's now 4am, and I've hardly scratched the surface of the depth of this game.
I now have a fun, engaging, thought provoking RPG on my iPhone, an RPG that fits in my purse and that I can play any time I want, not having to have my computer or Xbox 360 near me to do so.
If Bioware remade Civilization they'd be lucky to end up half as good as King of Dragon Pass.
It's impossible to describe the emotional tug you feel when an old and trusted advisor, who you've watched grow from a young upstart, dies of old age. Or when an exploration team disappears into the wilds, never to be heard from again. Or when a cursed clansman, shunned by his peers, sacrifices himself to stop a raid. This game will never leave my iPhone. That's the only accolade possible.

By the way, we are starting work on another storytelling game, Six Ages.

Echoseven's comments:

See THIS POST for some game play videos.
03-25-2012, 07:58 PM
On sale $9.99-->$7.99

I wish we knew when the universal update was coming! I've been holding off buying this until closer to the update.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
04-09-2012, 03:07 PM
What an intriguing game from the review. Reminds me of an old PEBM (Play-By-Mail) game 'Clans' as well. Sadly, much like Runequest, I did not get the opportunity to play.

So a Glorantha based strategy game is another to add to my 'Must Buy' list, when I get time (to play, that is). Avadon, Aralon, Fall of Angels and now King of Dragon Pass. Plus, the website provides a link to Glorantha material! If memory serves correct, 'Cults of Prax' was selling for silly amounts on the secondary market back in the day. I cannot imagine what it would sell for now.

Odd that a lot of RPGs were based on AD&D, but is this game the only one based on Glorantha? An IP licence issue I wonder? So much source material from all those 70s and 80s hard copy RPGs. Heck! Tunnels & Trolls by itself!

Due to time issues, I cannot justify playing a game whilst I have professional assignments hanging over my head (but can spend time reading and posting on TA - go figure!). That said, I nearly caved in and bought KoDP. Instead, I used the app money and then some to buy the uncut DVD version of 'Vampyros Lesbos' - been listening to the soundtrack all weekend.

Now need a pair of flares, a lava-lamp and leopard-skin bedding!

I'll be purchasing KoDP in early May. Incentive to wrap up these assignments.

07-27-2012, 07:25 AM
Any news on updates or the universal edition?
07-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
Any news on updates or the universal edition?
Check out their blog for updates:

http://kingofdragonpass.blogspot.com...ad-update.html
07-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Send a message via AIM to Alensin
Updates

I'll second what was said above, and also suggest following them on Twitter, @KingDragonPass, for smaller updates which aren't post-worthy. They've done final layout and are preparing for a round or two of beta testing. THe whole process has taken much longer than anticipated, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
09-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
I wish we knew when the universal update was coming!
It's out! It's out!!! And it looks AWESOME! A great game just got better! So happy to be able to play this on my iPad! The increased info on screen really rocks!
09-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Great update! This made my day, Ive put FF dimensions on hold to get into this!

Its duck-people raiding time!

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
09-04-2012, 09:24 PM
I have been waiting so long for this. You guys rock for releasing an universal update vice a seperate iPad app.
09-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Youre welcome!

(I hate to be crass, but since the App Store resets all the ratings when we do an update, please consider giving the game a rating. And doing so again when 2.1.1 comes out.)
09-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Wow... this is so much earlier than I had expected O_O

Obsessions: FTL | Sword of the Stars: The Pit (Gold Edition)
GC: onlyphoenix