Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-27-2012, 03:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Hi folks,

Just to let everyone know, we are putting the finishing touches into a Prisoner 84 update that should see some graphical improvements on all versions.
We've finally got around to rendering the game at the native resolution on the newer devices (640x960 / 768x1024 / 1536x2048) and added some higher polygon models for certain devices that can handle them.
However we do need some help from the community to check the higher polygon models will work nicely on certain hardware that we don't have. Hopefully this is within the rules of TA.

If anyone is interested and has the following hardware and would be prepared to play through the game a little to check stability and frame rates, we'd be very grateful and can give the testers a credit in the game and a free copy once it has passed through Apple.

The hardware in each device category we need to test is...

iPod 4th gen and up
iPhone 4th gen and up
iPad 1 (we have iPad 2s so need to test on those)
iPad 3/HD

Probably we will only need 2 people per device to take a look and make sure it still works.

We would prefer people who are already comfortable with Ad-Hoc distributions and provisioning profiles and possibly also have played Prisoner 84 before (although that's not a requirement)

For those interested could you send me a PM with the subject P84 and the device you have. If chosen I will ask for your email and will contact you with more detailed information.

I've put some new shots in the OP with the cleaner interface and hi res models.

Cheers
John
Old 03-27-2012, 04:01 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro

My mind had just run on this game earlier today! Glad to see that you plan on updating the game. Too bad I can't offer any assistance. Still can't wait to see what you may come up with next though!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:28 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

PM sent!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:54 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Just sent my PM!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:38 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Thanks for the support everyone.

I'll be contacting the few people today who have PM'd.

There is still space for another 4th gen iPhone and iPad 3/HD and not heard from any 1st gen iPad users if you're out there.

Just to reiterate, this is purely a test for whether the high polygon models will work on these systems, so if you're holding back because you don't feel you have time for bug reports and full on QA - it shouldn't take more than an hour or so to give the thumbs up or down

Thanks again.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:08 PM

Default Awesome! :D

I recently got into horror and remembered that a year ago I bought this game. I redowloaded it and oh baby jesus its good! almost finished it, and can't wait for the update!
Will you guys still be working on it? I have some suggestions
Old 04-09-2012, 12:09 PM

Oh and do you need testing on iPhone 4S?
Old 04-09-2012, 04:10 PM

Finished in: 1:54!
Got all 5 notes, 4 heads and 2 tokens.
Awesome game. Make more pl0x? Would love to play part 2 or something similar ^^ overall it really reminded me of Cry of Fear!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:53 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeydipking View Post
Finished in: 1:54!
Got all 5 notes, 4 heads and 2 tokens.
Awesome game. Make more pl0x? Would love to play part 2 or something similar ^^ overall it really reminded me of Cry of Fear!
Glad you liked it Turkey - still good to hear the feedback, hopefully the update will add that extra bit of polish. I'm going to take a look at the Cry of Fear mod now :P

'Part 2' - as always, the answer is we'll see

Just to let everyone know, we've almost finished testing (no more testers needed thanks to everyone who PM'd and sorry some missed out) and will be sending to Apple very soon, so hopefully it's about a week to 10 days for the update to go through.

We've made some tweaks to the gameplay in the original game, based on the feedback in this forum and the various reviews. Nothing too groundbreaking or game-breaking but should hopefully add a nice little challenge to those that wanted it. Everything else has been given a nice little cleanup so you've got native resolution on everything from 1st gen iPod to the current iPad HD with updated UIs where required. This is a universal update so everyone gets it who have already bought the game and it should still work on those older devices as it did before.

I'll keep the OP updated with news as information comes through.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:04 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

The update is waiting for review at Apple. Hopefully it's a quick turnaround and we can announce it hitting the store soon.

Thanks for all the help from the testers and the feedback.

We'll probably be giving away some promo codes around here and our blog/twitter/facebook for those interested in getting a copy, so watch those spaces