Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-06-2012, 03:15 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Kitaru - Awesome 3D Action RPG!! (Coming Soon!)

Hi everyone!! We would like to take a minute to introduce Kitaru...an epic 3D action RPG that is currently in development at Aoineko Studios.

First of all...please Follow us on Facebook for a chance to win cool Kitaru t-shirts and swag, and to see all our latest game development updates!! And definitely keep an eye out for updates for our upcoming Kickstarter campaign where we will be offering lots of amazing rewards that will allow our fans to get deeply involved in our development process...from beta testing to naming characters to voting on content and outcomes to having your own custom character (of you!) in the game.

Also be sure to check out the Kitaru website for more details about the game and please follow us on Twitter for daily updates.

The Kitaru storyline and game has been in the works for nearly five years, and much progress has already been made…from a 1,000 page script to an extensive digital character and scene portfolio to a core game framework built using the Unity game development engine. We have received raving feedback thus far from all that have seen our work, but we will let you decide for yourself. Please have a look at the videos below and let us know what you think.

Here is a brief summary…

Kitaru is an interactive 3D sci-fi epic that breaks the mold of RPG storytelling. It's innovative, postmodern storytelling approach touches upon references as diverse as David Lean's 'Lawrence of Arabia', George Orwell's '1984' and classic games like Chrono Trigger, Shadowrun and Metal Gear Solid. In doing so, it creates a fascinating thriller that weaves adventure and intellect with ingenious humor and pop culture references. In development for six years by award-winning creator Ben Steele, it is now in the final stages of production with a virtual team spread all over the world.

With cutting edge 3D graphics and animation, the Kitaru video game will unfold over numerous episodes and will engage players in a long-term, rich story delivering a unique, interactive experience. It will initially be launched on Apple iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, as well as an array of Google Android devices. Subsequent releases will follow on PC, Mac, XboxLiveArcade, PSNetwork and WiiWare. We have already developed an extensive portfolio of high-resolution characters and digital environments, and completed work on preliminary proof-of-concept gameplay complete with NPC interactions, battles, a custom UI framework, and a variety of custom level-design tools. The overall quality and detail is among the best you will find anywhere. You will not be disappointed!

THANK YOU FOR CHECKING OUT KITARU!!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Kitaru; 04-10-2012 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: added some images
Old 04-09-2012, 02:39 PM

I really, really got sold by the Animation Test Trailer but the Rest needs a lot of hard Work to reach that Level.

I would even go that far to say that this is probably a 2013 Title and it wouldn`t be pushed out.

Looking forward to see how far this One might went in the upcoming Months.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:47 PM

Old 04-09-2012, 03:30 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

The first video excited me, but then the second video dampened that excitement. I'm sad now. But, hopefully the game can be brought to those levels of quality through continued development.

Last edited by Ghostz; 04-09-2012 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: Spelling nazi
Old 04-09-2012, 04:39 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostz View Post
The first video excited me, but then the second video dampened that excitement. I'm sad now. But, hopefully the game can be brought to those level of quality through continued development.
Same. The gameplay needs a lot of hard work.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:34 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default almost?

I actually gasped at the first video. Excellent.
....but, the gameplay video cooled my jets considerably. Like others have said, it's going to need far greater development. You can start with the art direction and animation.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:19 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Action rpg? Looks like a turnbased rpg like the Chaos rings series.
And yeah, the gameplay video didn't make my jaw drop. Needs more work
Old 04-10-2012, 05:15 AM
iPhone (Original), OS 3.x

When you watch the first one....you can say it's a high production game. Then you watch the actual gameplay....oh another indie dev trying to earn by showing screenshots on app store with 3d graphics and great description. You can't call this an action game if all you see are over scripted movements/animations. Well I just hope they showed that video to make us feel this way then they'll surprise us with in the future...here's hoping
Old 04-10-2012, 06:07 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Wow. I really hope they aspire to the art and quality of the first video, and aren't just using it as a promotional teaser.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Banned
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

All the props to the makers of the 1st video. The gameplay really disappointed me though, it's too boring and too unoriginal - you clearly just replaced the 3D models from the Ork okashi rpg kit...