Old 04-05-2012, 07:58 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Ball on a Wall Pocket

Hey all,
Ball on a Wall Pocket is available now on the app store:

App Store Link

Youtube link | Pop Up

KEY FEATURES

- Deceptively straight-forwards on the surface but devilishly challenging underneath - Quick thinking, nimble fingers and a zen-like focus are needed to succeed.

- Redesigned for iPhone and iPod touch - The core mechanic is the same as Ball on a Wall for iPad but the game has been extensively reconfigured and redesigned to suit the smaller screen size of the iPhone and iPod touch. The game also features a streamlined tutorial and other changes based on feedback from users of the iPad version.

- 50 levels across ten worlds - Journey through ten colour-themed worlds, each adding more hazards and challenges to overcome.

- Dynamic pickup placement - No level plays the same way twice as pickup locations are generated randomly.

- Five Star Challenges per Level - To complete each level perfectly you must finish the level, collect all the pickups, collect enough cogs (spawned when you collect a pickup), activate all the colour cubes and lose no lives.

-Customise the Ball - 26 skins to unlock including sports balls, fruit, planets and the eyeball.

Here's the App Store link again.

Thanks for checking it out.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:24 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

This looks good, like it was made for me... will buy as soon as I return home from work
Old 04-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Default Game Impressions

Today I had a really busy day, but I managed to play some levels

So far I am hooked... the visuals are very good, bright, with color and explosions, and the gameplay is also bright in the ingenious way

You have a ball (tap it to make it jump), and you have to build a path for it to go and trying collect things, activating others, prevent bombs from exploding,... up to five tasks per level, but you have to do all of them on 1 game, so it gets challenging... you have lives too, and your ball can bounce off the screen taking one away

There are achievements but no leaderboards, and are only accessible trough the GC app itself

Somehow this reminds me of the excellent Kami Retro, game I love, and im putting this on top of my to-play list, great game here
Old 04-09-2012, 07:40 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Old 04-11-2012, 04:32 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

The futher I get into this game the more it grows in me... its really well presented and gameplay is brilliant and addictive... what more do you need? And its a complete game, no IAP at all.... fans of puzzlers, platformers or good games need this one right now
Old 04-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Finished!

DESCRIPTION: With your finger you build the blocks around your ball (touch to make it jump), you have to follow its direction and build around it, with some special blocks to help (bouncer, portals...), so the ball doesn't fall off the screen or from the multiple hazards this game has (electric cube, gun, ...) while doing the 5 objectives each stage asks (you dont need to get all 5 to advance). Bright explosions.

GOOD: Unique platformer where you control the surrounding (blocks) instead of the ball. Actually, the game is very frantic, with lots to do all the time to keep you entertained. Good learning curve. You can get up to 5 stars per map making a total of 250, and this game was so fun that I got every star, every achievement and bought every ball in the store.

BAD: No leaderboards. Can be frustrating because you don't have direct control over the ball, this game leaves no room for last minutes fixes at all.

IAP: Not at all

CONCLUSION: A game that comes from the past adapted to the touch screen. I had a lot of fun, did everything possible, but this may not be for everybody as is a bit frustrating not having direct control over the ball. If you dont mind that, have a dollar to try out?

FINAL SCORE: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Last edited by TheFrost; 04-27-2012 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: added jumping