★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Baldur's Gate Enhance Edition for iPad

04-09-2012, 12:57 PM
#51
Im really looking forward to playing BG again,
I reinstalled it a few years ago and played one real playthrough and one solo playthrough.

However, I don't remember if there was a difficulty slider in this game?
Or a difficulty selection at start?

Easily one of the greatest games of all times,
I bet I still have a lot to experience in this game since I tend to play the same kind of character even in multiple play throughs .
04-09-2012, 07:15 PM
#52
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by icepulse View Post
Despite its flaws, I really liked the combat / mechanics of "Temple Of Elemental Evil" more than BG.

I'd kill for a port of that one, or "Planescape: Torment".
Agree on Temple of Elemental Evil.

05-29-2012, 10:28 PM
#53
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,158
So no one's excited about this anymore?

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
05-29-2012, 11:15 PM
#54
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlredbird View Post
So no one's excited about this anymore?
Sure. But there hasn't been any news for a while beyond the Summer release window. I'm sure that action will pick up once they make further announcements.
05-30-2012, 02:52 AM
#55
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Kiel, Germany
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlredbird View Post
So no one's excited about this anymore?
Without updates it is hard to keep up the hype

I am waiting for this as much as for some other really nice RPGs.

Just don't know if I find the time to play it, didn't even finish Bard's Tale yet...80hrs, yeah, that was a nice incentive when I was young
05-30-2012, 12:04 PM
#56
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGamer View Post
Without updates it is hard to keep up the hype

I am waiting for this as much as for some other really nice RPGs.

Just don't know if I find the time to play it, didn't even finish Bard's Tale yet...80hrs, yeah, that was a nice incentive when I was young
There have been updates, they're just kinda boring. Announcing hired staff for music, art direction, and writing. Goes to show that they're serious about creating new content for the game, but, yeah, hard to get excited about content that we can't see yet.

It doesn't help that their web site is terrible, either.
06-03-2012, 01:57 PM
#57
Joined: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 2,381
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by famousringo View Post
There have been updates, they're just kinda boring. Announcing hired staff for music, art direction, and writing. Goes to show that they're serious about creating new content for the game, but, yeah, hard to get excited about content that we can't see yet.

It doesn't help that their web site is terrible, either.
Their website makes me feel like I'm back in the 90s playing Baldur's Gate with 6 CDs haha. Both good and bad there.

I really want a release date on this.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
06-16-2012, 04:15 PM
#58
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,305
Think this was set for June 20th, from reading on their site..
looking out to Wednesday.. going to be an expensive night
06-17-2012, 06:13 AM
#59
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
Think this was set for June 20th, from reading on their site..
looking out to Wednesday.. going to be an expensive night
Where did you read that? What a Wednesday though, if it's true
06-17-2012, 07:08 AM
#60
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Italy
Posts: 2,413
According to devs twitter, even the interface is not yet complete and there is a lot to do.
IMHO we won't be seeing anything before september (end of Summer) at the earliest (probably fall 2012).