Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Well, the Kate Brooks one has been pulled - at least from the US app store.

Umm, no, I'm not confusing the Kate Brooks and Natalie Brooks. We just got a little off topic on games that have been re-released by BFG.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:01 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecwrtr View Post
Well, the Kate Brooks one has been pulled - at least from the US app store.

Umm, no, I'm not confusing the Kate Brooks and Natalie Brooks. We just got a little off topic on games that have been re-released by BFG.
LOL ok. Darn Brooks....
Well since they pulled it, I guess it was a mistake, and problably be back Wednesday..
but still... it ends up being a renamed one again from them.
Although I can't find it in my HO games :/
Thanks for taking the plunge though Maybe request your money back from Apple.. They are really helpful with that.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:48 PM

Well, Kate Brooks is back now. The reviews are not good. Whatever happened to quality control?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:38 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
Well, Kate Brooks is back now. The reviews are not good. Whatever happened to quality control?
Guess she had to go to the bathroom.

I don't really go on the 1st 2-3 comments to be honest.
Nothing personal, but most of the time there is nothing wrong with it, and they don't reboot their ipad.

So we're back at the point that this might be a re-release..
Looked in my archive, but can't find it.. and still it looks familiar.

I'm still puzzled with the comment from tecwrtr
"It is. It's Natalie Brooks - Secrets of Treasure House. Previously done by Alawar. I hate it when they do those re-releases."

Since they also released today Natalie Brooks - Secrets of Treasure House.
But that is totally different.
(BFG released 2 games today)
Old 04-09-2012, 04:55 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Kate Brooks is gone again. Sigh. I am hopeful that it will be back on Wednesday.

As for my previous comment, folks were wondering if Kate Brooks was a re-release. I said I didn't think that it was.

However, the new one, Natalie Brooks - Secrets of Treasure House IS a re-release. It was previously released by Alawar.

As tangerine pointed out, this is the fourth or fifth time that Big Fish Games has done this - release a game that had been out under a different company. They make it sound like a new game, and people who aren't paying enough attention buy the game again (like me)!

I think that's a disgusting business practice, personally. It also sucks that the folks that paid for the previous copy are now left with an unsupported app.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:01 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Still gone.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:09 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecwrtr View Post
As tangerine pointed out, this is the fourth or fifth time that Big Fish Games has done this - release a game that had been out under a different company. They make it sound like a new game, and people who aren't paying enough attention buy the game again (like me)!
I think it may be unfair to blame Big Fish alone. I'm guessing Alawar did not acquire the necessary liscences originally owned by Big Fish and just went ahead to publish those games. Or they had a fall out. In any case, Alawar is as much to blame for the current situation. This is also the main reason why I dislike IAP. I even explained to Alawar back then when they released the second Natalie Brooks why I would not be buying the IAP and would rather wait for the full version. From now on I'd simply steer clear of Alawar releases.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
I think it may be unfair to blame Big Fish alone. I'm guessing Alawar did not acquire the necessary liscences originally owned by Big Fish and just went ahead to publish those games. Or they had a fall out. In any case, Alawar is as much to blame for the current situation. This is also the main reason why I dislike IAP. I even explained to Alawar back then when they released the second Natalie Brooks why I would not be buying the IAP and would rather wait for the full version. From now on I'd simply steer clear of Alawar releases.
I would love to say I'm that disciplined, but when Montezuma 4 comes out, I know I'll buy it.

I did buy the full versions - not IAP, but I'll certainly never see another update or bug fix.

Last edited by tecwrtr; 04-09-2012 at 09:50 PM..
Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 PM

thank for sharing , will download tonight