Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-09-2012, 09:07 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default Words to the devs

Hi,
I have also deleted the game, however, for old time sakes, I really recommend the devs to read the book "Free" by Chris Anderson. It studies the new "Free" economy that emerges with the internet.
I'm not gonna waste you guy's time on the details, you can get a "Free" version at his website I think.
However, I would like to point out a section that speaks to the hearts of all the loyal players on this forum. Its on page 147~148 of the paper cover edition, regarding how Maple Story, a multiplayer game from Korea, made millions from a free online game.
The essence is, quote "...Maple Story is free to play, you can happily move through the levels....without spending a penny. But if you want to do it faster... you'll need "mesos" that you can either earn or get buy paying........Importantly , you can't buy a superweapon, because that would be unfair- the company doesn't want people to be able to buy their way to power, creating a two-tiered society."
Now, thats a direct quote from the book, and thats why Maple Story has its 60 million players globally.

Dear Devs, you are really missing the point here when you want to earn more from less (ppl), in the online world, where (after you finished your coding) selling to one more player costs virtually nothing more to you, and bandwidth/ servers are relatively cheap compared to the number of users it can serve. You should try to earn less from more, and to serve your hardcore players well, after all it is them that helps you spread the word of this game (see how high on the viewed rankings this thread is in touch arcade), it is them that continued to come back to this forum even if they are disappointed with the game. You earn a whole lot of reputation credits, which is as goods as, if not even better than, credit card credits from us.

My last post here, thanks.

ps. The only way you re gonna be able to pull back any lost old players is to take into consideration what ppl cares here, and open a new server so ppl can compete new!

pps. Never mind about the new server (and lost old players), you'll still continue to get a lot of new players if the game can change.

So long.

Last edited by WH@T; 04-09-2012 at 09:10 AM..
Old 04-09-2012, 09:26 AM
iPad 2

If only they would read ^ and follow the advise!

"...Maple Story is free to play, you can happily move through the levels....without spending a penny. But if you want to do it faster... you'll need "mesos" that you can either earn or get buy paying........Importantly , you can't buy a superweapon, because that would be unfair- the company doesn't want people to be able to buy their way to power, creating a two-tiered society." this needed to be quoted again in the hopes that it will garner some attention!

Last edited by Misfit; 04-09-2012 at 09:51 AM..
Old 04-09-2012, 09:34 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Nice find

But probably a waist of time, since Kong doesn't care. All he wants is $$$$
Which he ain't getting from me anymore
Old 04-09-2012, 12:57 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Another inconsistency, after waiting for 10 levels, getting the same speciality spell is a bit much.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:38 PM

Good news! Battleland will coming to iphone soon
Old 04-09-2012, 11:12 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktho View Post
Good news! Battleland will coming to iphone soon
Meh, who cares.. The game sucks now... I've deleted it already.
Just like many others..
Good luck with the new levels if they ever come out.
Maybe you need to pay 1000 diamonds for that too.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH@T View Post

ps. The only way you...
Ha ha.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:07 AM

uploaded!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH@T View Post
Hi,
I have also deleted the game, however, for old time sakes, I really recommend the devs to read the book "Free" by Chris Anderson. It studies the new "Free" economy that emerges with the internet.
I'm not gonna waste you guy's time on the details, you can get a "Free" version at his website I think.
However, I would like to point out a section that speaks to the hearts of all the loyal players on this forum. Its on page 147~148 of the paper cover edition, regarding how Maple Story, a multiplayer game from Korea, made millions from a free online game.
The essence is, quote "...Maple Story is free to play, you can happily move through the levels....without spending a penny. But if you want to do it faster... you'll need "mesos" that you can either earn or get buy paying........Importantly , you can't buy a superweapon, because that would be unfair- the company doesn't want people to be able to buy their way to power, creating a two-tiered society."
Now, thats a direct quote from the book, and thats why Maple Story has its 60 million players globally.

Dear Devs, you are really missing the point here when you want to earn more from less (ppl), in the online world, where (after you finished your coding) selling to one more player costs virtually nothing more to you, and bandwidth/ servers are relatively cheap compared to the number of users it can serve. You should try to earn less from more, and to serve your hardcore players well, after all it is them that helps you spread the word of this game (see how high on the viewed rankings this thread is in touch arcade), it is them that continued to come back to this forum even if they are disappointed with the game. You earn a whole lot of reputation credits, which is as goods as, if not even better than, credit card credits from us.

ps. The only way you re gonna be able to pull back any lost old players is to take into consideration what ppl cares here, and open a new server so ppl can compete new!

pps. Never mind about the new server (and lost old players), you'll still continue to get a lot of new players if the game can change.

So long.
thanks for everything,it's our lost that you don't play anymore
Old 04-10-2012, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
Meh

I deleted the game already, but how
about all the other complaints? Guess you just ignore them again.
who cares about level 60 now.. (besides Kenoon).
You already ruined the game,
by trippling/qua-trippling the prices!!!!

Bought for 350.000 coins scrolls, and all I got was 1 upgrade for my gear.

You think I am stupid, if you keep saying that you didn't change anything?
Give me a break!!!
we didnot change anything about reforge, guess just bad luck, sorry you deleted the game.

we do want player happy, if not, that's our fault