Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-28-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmary View Post
I am stuck at 59 starpieces on Dreadthought! I can't figure out how to get the starpiece on Dreadthought-Shield which is above a microportal in a rectangular chamber. Any tips, help, etc. would br greatly appreciated.
•••Spoiler:  There's a clue in the fact that it's a Microportal. Microportals preserve your momentum and relative direction, remember.

If you want to come out at a specific angle, go in at a specific angle.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:14 AM

Default Thank you

This is a beautiful game and exactly what I was looking for.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Finally got around to finishing this today. Absolutely beautiful game. One of the best games on iOS. Controls are fantastic, the puzzles just feel about the right level of difficulty and the story is engaging and very interactive in that you really have to search out to get all of the story.
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:32 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default Brightsky

Hi, stuck on 39 star pieces and cannot work out how to activate the beam to get to Infinity. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Old 04-22-2012, 09:46 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default Grappling Hook

I can't believe that I've gotten this far in the game (41 stars) and I'm baffled by something this stupid, but can someone PLEASE tell me where the grappling hook is? I clearly missed it along the way. I've tried to backtrack a few systems but still can't find it.

I'm so stuck on Perish. I don't even think the grappling hook will help, but I'm out of ideas. How does Inco jump up to the portal near the two timers?

Last edited by apt213; 04-22-2012 at 09:55 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 09:33 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeblasties View Post
Hi, stuck on 39 star pieces and cannot work out how to activate the beam to get to Infinity. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Well, after you hit all of the spinning red targets to activate the beam for star piece 39, you're led to a sparksphere sitting right next to it (next to the Corporation sign). You'll need to use that to help you activate the beam. Just remember that when you use one sparksphere on another, they both recharge.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:40 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Re: Grappling hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by apt213 View Post
I can't believe that I've gotten this far in the game (41 stars) and I'm baffled by something this stupid, but can someone PLEASE tell me where the grappling hook is? I clearly missed it along the way. I've tried to backtrack a few systems but still can't find it.

I'm so stuck on Perish. I don't even think the grappling hook will help, but I'm out of ideas. How does Inco jump up to the portal near the two timers?
I don't want to tell you how to do something, because that's no fun. Hopefully this is vague yet specific enough to help.

Since you can't jump UP to get to the platform with the portal, perhaps you should try another direction. Maybe try to find something about the same height that you can stand on and jump to the platform.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:44 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default Thanks

Thank you suchnsuch15! Sure enough, that did the trick. I didn't think there was any chance it would, but there you go.

I do still need to know where the grapple is though, so I can go back and get it. I'm sure it will be critical at some point, though I've gone without it so far.

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Tub View Post
Finally got around to finishing this today. Absolutely beautiful game. One of the best games on iOS. Controls are fantastic, the puzzles just feel about the right level of difficulty and the story is engaging and very interactive in that you really have to search out to get all of the story.
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.
Thanks so much for the kind words. It's so weird how divided people are about controls. Some people seem to hate them. Some love them. At some point I'll do a proper study and try to figure out exactly how much of the dislike was due to poor in-game training, or misreading the instructions at the start (some people think you have to double-tap... What?).

Anyhow - glad you guys are still enjoying it. I made it for people like you.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:48 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene View Post
Thanks so much for the kind words. It's so weird how divided people are about controls. Some people seem to hate them. Some love them. At some point I'll do a proper study and try to figure out exactly how much of the dislike was due to poor in-game training, or misreading the instructions at the start (some people think you have to double-tap... What?).

Anyhow - glad you guys are still enjoying it. I made it for people like you.
Any plan to add retina support?