App description: Special offer for the offseason, save 60%!

Out of the Park Baseball, the most realistic and best-selling baseball management game ever created, is available for iOS as a brand new 2012 version!

"With a great menu system driving the entire game, excellent AI, and the ability to micro-manage almost everything you could dream of in a sports game, it's hard to want anything else of a mobile baseball management sim." (Touch Arcade)
"iOOTP Baseball 2012 takes a second crack at nailing the management experience on iOS and the results are astonishing." (Slide to Play)
"iOOTP Baseball 2012 Edition is able to deliver the thrill of the game through mere text." - Bronze Award (Pocket Gamer)
"Baseball freaks who want that heavily stat-based front office experience will find a rich and detailed sim." (GamerPops)

PLEASE NOTE: The iPhone 3G / iPod Touch 2nd gen or older are NOT supported!

New features in iOOTP Baseball this year:
- Real 2012 rosters! Every player on every major league team is available, along with the top 10 minor league prospects for each team.
- Detailed player histories are kept and there are more leaderboards.
- Historical seasons now feature real schedules.
- Includes one new fictional setup, along with the ability to choose any year to start your fictional league, complete with stats and finances from that era.
- While managing a game, you can opt to use pitch-by-pitch mode, and you can sim until a specific inning. You can also change game options during a sim.
- Modify league rules and names (DH-rule, finances etc.)
- Easier file transfer via iTunes Share
- We improved the AI throughout the game and also enhanced the unser interface.
- Universal build, the iPad HD version is included for free!

iOOTP Baseball 2012 features a living world that uses the same robust simulation engine found in Out of the Park Baseball for Mac and PC, the best-selling and best-rated baseball management game of all time. Out of the Park Baseball is the second-highest-rated PC game ever on Metacritic and also received the PC Gamer Sports Game of the Year Award.

The game offers three gameplay modes:

- Major Leagues: Choose a team and play out the 2012 season. Will Yu Darwish dominate? When will Bryce Harper debut? Find out!

- Fictional: iOOTP creates one of four fictional baseball worlds and populates it with fresh players and clubs. Select a team and build a dynasty from scratch.

- Historical Replay: Choose one of three past seasons -- 1924, 1969, or 2004 -- and see if it produces a different outcome. Every other year in history is available as in-app purchase!

After selecting a gameplay mode, choose a team and handle every aspect of managing it:

- Manage your team, set lineups, depth charts, pitching staff and more!

- Call the shots from the dugout and watch the games unfold.

- Step into the shoes of the General Manager: Negotiate contracts, sign free agents, put together trades, draft amateurs, promote players from the minors etc.

During games, the play-by-play text is generated from a huge database of tens of thousands of lines that bring the action alive. Bottom of the ninth, two outs, bases loaded, you're down by two runs and you have your best hitter stepping to the plate against your opponent's rock-solid closer ... What will happen next?

During the season, news tickers bring you headlines from around the leagues! Your biggest rival just pulled off a blockbuster trade with the trading deadline looming ... How will you respond?

As iOOTP's living world evolves, players develop their careers, age, and eventually retire, with a possible spot in the Hall of Fame waiting for them. New players drafted by you and groomed in the minors take their place and become the next generation of superstars.

iOOTP Baseball is the ultimate game for baseball fans!

Visit us on www.ootpdevelopments.com!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ootpbaseball
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ootpbaseball

Echoseven's comments:

04-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomekSzymek View Post
Downloading now
Cool, hope you have fun! If you have questions, just ask.

Sebastian
OOTP Developments
04-10-2012, 08:42 AM
We submitted the 1.0.1 version to Apple, which is the 2012 Opening Day Roster update. Additionally, we added/fixed:

- We added 10 more players to each team
- Houston moves to the AL West prior to the 2013 season
- DH and Financial setting during game creation fixed
- Screen Auto-Lock fixed
- Suspension for DH in game fixed
- Small cosmetic fixes

Work starts now on the first major update.

Sebastian
OOTP Developments

04-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOTP Developments View Post
We submitted the 1.0.1 version to Apple, which is the 2012 Opening Day Roster update. Additionally, we added/fixed:

- We added 10 more players to each team
- Houston moves to the AL West prior to the 2013 season
- DH and Financial setting during game creation fixed
- Screen Auto-Lock fixed
- Suspension for DH in game fixed
- Small cosmetic fixes

Work starts now on the first major update.

Sebastian
OOTP Developments
where is the update??????

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
04-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglover411 View Post
I'm sure if you give it a few more days it will arrive soon enough.
04-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglover411 View Post
Check out their website forums. Apparently there was a delay because apple rejected it I think. Not sure why but the update should hit soon

GC- banger1103
10-05-2012, 04:28 AM
Right in time for the Playoffs we make a $0.99 sale over the weekend for iOOTP Baseball 2012. So if you want to test it out, now is the perfect time!

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/newsletters/nl0104/

Sebastian
OOTP Developments
10-05-2012, 08:05 AM
if you like baseball this is a must-have. and honestly, I don't really like baseball. I just like managing a sports team. this is one that never leaves my phone. soooo in depth.
10-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Ok I have 2 questions. One I meant to ask a long time ago and the other is about this current update.

1. How come the IPad got the feature to randomize cities when setting up a fictional league but not the iPhone, when the iPhone can already handle the ability to randomize team mascot names?

2. Can you only find the added 2nd Wild Card in major league mode? Or is it in 30 team fictional mode as well?

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/jdqipedeiw Ascension: Chronicles of the Godslayer Tournament
10-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw27 View Post
Ok I have 2 questions. One I meant to ask a long time ago and the other is about this current update.

1. How come the IPad got the feature to randomize cities when setting up a fictional league but not the iPhone, when the iPhone can already handle the ability to randomize team mascot names?
Lack of space on the iPhone/iPod. No way I can fit another button on the small screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw27 View Post
2. Can you only find the added 2nd Wild Card in major league mode? Or is it in 30 team fictional mode as well?
Yes, if you choose 2012 as start year. Any earlier year will not have the 2. Wildcard but as soon as you reach 2012 it will automatically be added. Fictional setups without Wildcard do not have the second wildcard (Do'h ).

Sebastian
OOTP Developments
10-05-2012, 07:47 PM
If I start a season in, say 1964, will I be able to purchase 1965 and continue to that season with the appropriate historical ammys in the ammy draft?