Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-10-2012, 09:07 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Does the update fix crashes and game freezing? If not I'm just gonna delete this. For whatever reason it's unplayable on my 4S...
It crashes a lot on my iTouch 4th gen as well. What I found to do the trick was to clear my multitasking bar. Then I open it, and if it doesn't work the first time I try again and it nearly always works.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Finished! (a week ago)

Good: Every level is a huge puzzle that have some platforming in it to advance. You have tools to help you out, like bombs to open new ways, crates to reach new places and other things to help you out. Gameplay works with it unique 3D graphics that makes levels like a cylinder, having you going in cirlces up and down. Lots of different themes and 4 different ways to play each level

Bad: Game relies too much on IAP... later levels are too big and without the rewind IAP it becomes a chore of repeating too much the same thing, and becomes even more frustrating with the new update that has bigger levels. Controls arent very friendly, not very good placed. Music is average, doesnt add much to the game

Final score: 3 out of 5. Unique game that's hampered by IAP (no, I don't like to buy these things)
Old 05-01-2012, 11:15 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow, this is pretty darned blurry on the new iPad! That was unexpected and disappointing. Any plans for a retina update?

Additional bad about this game, to me: it forces you to replay each level four times to get all achievements, even if you actually accomplish the achievements while playing the level a different way. For example, for the first few levels, I easily beat the "#steps" and "time" the first time through, yet I have to select the #steps and time options in order to get those achievements actually registered. This is going to get darned annoying and repetitive the further I get!

Also, I really feel a limited rewind should've been included in the game. To charge IAP for that, for hints, and for unlocks (in addition to all the extra optional IAPs) just seems excessive.

The good, imho: I like the circular nature of the puzzles. It feels very Toki-Tori-ish, even though T-T isn't in the round like that. And I like the levels themselves.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:36 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

This is a really good puzzler! I had this in my backlog since a while now. I found the first 10 or so levels really easy so couldn't really get into it. But with newer elements like logs and bombs and spinners and canons, this game requires a decent amount of thinking and trial-error to clear a level. Loving it.

I must say however that I plan to complete this game only till 25%. I have no interest in re-doing every level in it's four modes to get 100% across the game (though I can get obsessive about it). For a puzzler game with 100 odd levels, I really don't need forced ways to increase replayability.

Another thing, this game looks bloody horribly on my iPod 3rd gen. I can figure out what's going on, but Gimble looks like a mess of pixels on the tiny screen. Understandable however considering you need to see sufficient amount of the level to be fun. Perhaps I should just try this on iPad. Or maybe portrait mode might be better for this game on the iPod? Just thinking...

All in all however, this is a highly recommended game from my side for anyone who enjoys puzzlers.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

As I suspected. On iPad, this game looks terrific. The animations, the details are so much more visible. Love the victory dance when you reach the goal Go Gimble!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:23 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Currently free, btw.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:02 AM
Banned

Modes of this game are very interesting. It has high speed and clarity of sound is amazing.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:39 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey View Post
As I suspected. On iPad, this game looks terrific.
On the new iPad (3rd gen), the game looks terribly blurry and pixelated. I notice you have an iPad 2? Is this just a matter of the wrong code being interpreted and displayed on the new iPads? Because I thought this would look a LOT better than it does, given there's supposed to be a retina iPhone version in there too.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:57 AM

Hi I have just got this game and hope you figured out level 5.3, cos I can't . Can you help, please.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:20 AM

I am resurrecting this thread about Rinth Island to see if others are inclined to give it a second look.

When this game came out back in early 2012, I played it a bit and then set it aside because I found the puzzles in the early levels to be a bit too easy and because of the frequent stutters and laggy controls.

For the past week, I decided to return to the game and to try to finish it.

My impression has now completely changed.

This game is an extremely clever platform puzzler. This impression does not come across if you only played the earlier levels. About midway through the game, the difficulty quickly ramps up as the levels become more elaborate. Many (not all) of the later (especially the .4 and .5 levels of each map) levels are simply brilliantly designed and make extremely clever use of otherwise simple log and crate mechanics. The verticality and the cylindrical level design make it possible to create some very sneaky puzzles that are very satisfying to solve.

Some of the feature levels are so incredibly difficult (an example is Bridge Assembly) that I had to use paper to map out the solution before executing it. Can't remember the last time I had to do this for a puzzle game.

The game is not without problems. The frustratingly laggy controls are a huge problem when you are playing the time trials. In addition, it is NOT clear at all how much "buffer" the game allows (in time and in the number of steps) to beat each level. For steps, the buffer is around 3 steps, but it varies from levels to levels, with some levels solvable in far few steps (perhaps these are unintended solutions).

Overall, this is an absolutely brilliant and extraordinary clever puzzle game with some puzzle solution mechanics never seen before in Sokoban type crate-pushing games.

Last edited by y2kmp3; 10-13-2013 at 09:22 AM..