Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-10-2012, 02:46 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Track listing

Made a quick English track listing. A good number of these artists are on KarenT, one of the major Vocaloid labels, so you can find their stuff on iTunes and Amazon. Some are iTunes only (e.g. kz/livetune). I've put in KarenT and Amazon (referral-free!) links wherever possible.

1. OSTER project - Koi suru VOC@LOID [BPM:130]
Easy ★ Normal ★★★ Hard ★★★★★★

2. iroha(sasaki) - moon [BPM:150] (Amazon MP3)
Easy ★ Normal ★★★ Hard ★★★★★★

3. ryo (supercell) - World is mine [BPM:165] (Amazon MP3)
Easy ★★ Normal ★★★ Hard ★★★★★★

4. North-T - Time Limit [BPM:140] (Amazon MP3)
Easy ★★ Normal ★★★★ Hard ★★★★★★★

5. kz (livetune) - Finder (DSLR remix - re:edit) [BPM:130]

6. lamazeP - Po pi po [BPM:150]

7. ryo (supercell) - melt [BPM:170] (Amazon MP3)

8. Yasuo - Electric Angel [BPM:150] (Amazon MP3)

9. Deco*27 - Ai kotoba [BPM:136] (Amazon MP3)
Easy ★★★ Normal ★★★★★ Hard ★★★★★★★★

10. doriko - Romeo and Cinderella [BPM:170]

11. KotsubanP - StargazeR [BPM:195] (Amazon MP3)

12. azuma - Anata no utahime (Your Diva) [BPM:90] (Official site)

13. cosMo@bousouP - Hatsune Miku no shoushitsu [BPM:240]
Easy ★★★★ Normal ★★★★★★★★★ Hard ★★★★★★★★★

Difficulty scaling is OK for the main game, I think. However, the hidden song (#13) is off the charts, I can barely scrape by Normal. When you clear Hard on any song, "Break the Limit" mode is unlocked, in which you simply type ALL of the lyrics into the game, with no penalty for failure. I've spent a lot of time on Finder/Hard but I still can't score anything worthwhile on Break the Limit.

FlickTrainer is what I use on iOS to practice ten-key. It uses the standard Japanese keyboard, though, so there's no point if you can't read kana.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:49 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

One more reply for good measure.

If you have a niconico account, here's a video of BTL mode on the hidden track. (Skip to about 1:30 for sheer madness.)

If you don't have an account, I've posted it embedded, over here.

Edit - Unlocked and screencapped:

Last edited by pentarou; 04-29-2012 at 03:51 AM.. Reason: updated link
Old 04-16-2012, 06:54 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Vote for your GOTW !!!

MIKU FLICK
is one of the nominees for
Touch Arcade Game of the Week
11/04/2012

Do you like to flick characters in time with the lyrics of Hatsune Mikuís most popular songs?

VOTE HERE

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -
Old 04-18-2012, 03:56 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Anyone still playing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Japanese girls will destroy you at this game
I would like to propose that through hard work and perseverance, even mere mortals can overcome the lofty standards set by ... uh ... Japanese high school girls:

Old 05-01-2012, 02:14 PM

I'm not sure if all the songs are done in Vocaloid or not? If it is... meh. Using software to sing because the game dev (Sega or something) can't hire or negotiate with real singers? Yuck.
This looks like a dumbed down version of Dance Dance Revolution, as it looks ridiculously simple (or maybe I didn't see the hard mode or something). As for "learning Japanese"... please, does anyone actually expect to learn the Japanese alphabet by flicking at random notes on the screen? I doubt you actually have enough time to register what sound you just tapped before the next note appears. "Learning Japanese" is just a marketing tactic, complete BS. The price is pretty hefty too for only 12 songs, like $12? For rhythm game lovers, I'd suggest just getting a Wii or PS3 and getting DDR, or if you don't have a console get DDR for iPhone, no other title can best it even in 2012.

Last edited by November's Chopin; 05-01-2012 at 02:17 PM..
Old 05-02-2012, 01:13 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by November's Chopin View Post
meh
Miku Flick is very clearly a niche game, and not for everybody.

1. The songs are all Vocaloid songs. Vocaloids are an entirely different instrument, no more a substitute for a real voice than an electric guitar is a replacement for an acoustic guitar. In the right hands, the results can be quite impressive. If you have a problem with that, and you're uninterested in and/or cannot appreciate Vocaloid music, this game is not for you.

2. Regarding hard mode--please refer to the posts just above your own. It is nothing like DDR aside from hitting keys in time with the music.

3. Miku Flick is more typing tutor than music game. Unfortunately, because flick typing is essentially specific to Japanese at this point, it is not particularly useful for English typing; additionally, I agree it isn't much of a tool for learning Japanese. I can vouch for its ability to function as a flick trainer -- my flick speed has jumped from about 30 to 50 characters per minute since playing the game. However, understandably, most English speakers will have no interest in learning to flick-type Japanese characters.

4. The price includes thirteen full length songs by noted Vocaloid producers, plus accompanying video for each. I think $13 is a fair price - it's less than the cost of dinner at a three-star restaurant, and an equivalent price to three song packs for Konami's jukebeat. Of course, whether that is a sustainable price in a market in which most games are $1-5 is another question entirely.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:13 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Price has been dropped down to $10.99 for a limited time. Also, Miku Flick 2 is confirmed and will probably also be released in the US App Store: http://miku.sega.jp/flick02/en/
Old 07-11-2012, 01:37 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Site's updated. Looks like same basic gameplay as the last installment, but with a number of new songs, a few videos with Rin/Len/Luka, a Replay mode (excellent!), and a new difficulty ("Extreme") between Hard and BTL.

Also DLC. Hmm not sure if I like that or not, but perhaps that'll lead to a lower price point, and you can buy the songs you like.

Would be nice if the game could enable Extreme and Replay for owners of the first installment!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:13 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

On sale, $5.99 (: